• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any experience with TYR tactical AICS mag pouch

No specific info on that pouch, but I have one of their mats and some cool dope-card thingies they don't show on their site. My experience with them was that I got a real human on the phone who answered my questions and was very helpful. So if no one gives you a solid answer, I'd say to call them

I have a number of pieces of TYR gear, all first rate. One thing you should know about TYR, however, is that they have essentially nothing in stock, almost everything is ordered into production after you place your order. I'm not saying that's good, bad, or otherwise, just that you should expect it to take a fair bit of time to receive your order unless you have verified the items you want are actually on the shelf when you order is placed.

Last edited:
I ordered a Kestrel/LRF pouch on Monday and received an email Tuesday stating they expect to ship in a couple days. I ordered it expecting it to take the full 60 days so that was a nice surprise. I will update when it arrives.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you guys for the info. I isn't know there was a wait. I'm going to call them tomorrow and ask a few questions

Again thanks for the info.

Cav, that was another pouch I was interested in buying. Do you mind if I ask what color you ordered?

The issue will be in switching between long and short actions. You can certainly "block" the bottom of the pouch to keep the AW from falling in too deep, but it will still be pretty loose around the body. When you say "belt", do you mean a real pants holding up belt, or a MOLLE "War/Battle/Bat Belt"? We use the MALICE Clip on all the Triad pouches because they lock in place. Many of the snap strap, or tab tucking style of mounts can be pulled loose when used on a belt (non-MOLLE). The MALICE Clip also allow the ability to change how wide the opening is if you are using them on a belt (non-MOLLE).

We offer numerous mag pouch options for AI mags, all of which are listed here:
https://www.triadtactical.com/All-Tr...azine-Pouches/

I have quite a few TYR made things; all fantastic. Their best pouch is the combat adjustable Happy Mag that I use without the kydex inserts. They are set up like a HSGI taco but without all the shock-cord everywhere and are way easier to work with. Holds everything from an M4 mag, to AK mags to a KAC M110/SR25 mag. No adjustment needed other than the one cinch cord on the bottom of it. It's fantastic for people with a rack that shoot more than 1 mag type as you don't need to change your setup or double up on setups at all.

For the AI mag pouches I have the 300WM inserts that fit in their larger GP pouch. Call and ask because I think they make inserts that slot 3 AICS mags together in one GP pouch for the 338 to.

Cav, I'm looking at multicam too. It's good to know your shipped quickly.

German,

inwas also looking at their gp pouch also. I'm going to call and see what they recommend.

Thank to to all who responded.