• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any F1 fans among us?

Stag556

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2017
Wonder if anyone here follows F1 as religiously as I do? It's the one sport I watch and follow regularly. Pretty stoked about the new season coming up, hoping it creates some interesting matchups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Casey_H
I can't wait. New tires, more downforce, and Bernie is gone!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah man, I'm happy as hell hes gone. The sport got stagnant and I'm hoping the new owners group will really turn it around. The new cars look awesome, especially Haas. I haven't seen any results from testing today but I'm hoping more teams put heat on Merc.

Merc is going to be tough, rumors are they found another 70 hp. I don't think in testing they will reveal all they have, just like last year. Put enough hp in it to win, but never put all of it in. I am impressed with the Haas cars,hopefully they will do well this year, but I hope Ferrari has their crap together and they are reliable.

Merc is going to be tough, rumors are they found another 70 hp. I don't think in testing they will reveal all they have, just like last year. Put enough hp in it to win, but never put all of it in. I am impressed with the Haas cars,hopefully they will do well this year, but I hope Ferrari has their crap together and they are reliable.

Merc is definitely gonna be tough. Ferrari has definitely shown good pace on softs so far. I'm slightly disappointed McLaren is still having engine problems though, I was hoping they could put together a good year. Never what's to come. I'm really hoping Haas can consistently put points on the board. It would be nice to keep an American team on the grid for a long time.

Does it count if i like to watch it but dont know anything about it? lol Otherwise YES, i like to watch F1

Does it count if i like to watch it but dont know anything about it? lol Otherwise YES, i like to watch F1

Sure why not. I enjoy NASCAR from time to time but I have no idea how their complicated points system works now. I just enjoy racing.

I dont watch nascar, my wife does... i make fun of her and talk about how good the Wonder Bread car is hahaha! I like Rallycross as of late. Bring a POS car with some winter tires and go to a random field in IOWA... then have fun!

tough to beat a team that's got Andreas Nikolaus "Niki" Lauda telling you exactly how it is in the pits; him and Hamilton is a potent team.

Testing finally over and just waiting for Australia. I'm really looking forward to a mix up at the top. Don't know that it will happen but I agree that Verstappen shows a lot of promise and I hope he gets up in the mix consistently. Of course I'm always hoping Haas consistently scores points, their testing showed consistency and some promise.

He managed a podium today at the BGP

It was a wild last three laps and watching Bottas coming from 9th to 2nd was something else...

It wasn't a super exciting race until the end but it was a shame seeing those tires come apart. At least Kimi stayed on podium.

I watch and follow as I have time. Glad to see the new cars this year.

Was about to say "No..."; but then I saw the part about how Bernie's gone...

So..., maybe...

Been a fan of F1 since the mid 90's. I wish they would bring back the V10s, or if I can get any wish, V12s.

Haven't missed a race in years.
So disappointed they ruled in favor of the Halo. We've learned to enjoy the product that is presented but damn, the good old days of NA V8s seem like the golden years for me.
In contrast Indy has been very entertaining, just wish the oval was the exception, not the norm. Open wheel racing is plugging away though, so I'm happy.

I agree with watching Bernie leave was a great step forward. I am hoping the new owners can pump some life into the sport. The halo is almost as bad as the V6 turbo power units. I hope they reconsider that one. The cars have definitely been improved this year and had led to some better racing.

I also agree that IndyCar has been entertaining. I will admit I never watched it until Alonso's entry in the 500 this year. The lead changes fascinate me but oval racing does get slightly boring.

Oval Racing is only good for the highlight reel to me, and that is coming from a pretty hardcore racing fan. I would rather watch the intense blocking of Monaco or Ferrari blow all of their tires on the last lap.

This thread needs to be revived! Let's hear your '19 season predictions

That Mercedes will take the Constructors championship, again. Its almost like NFL and the damn Pats. You know they will be at the big dance in the end. The amount of money Mercedes and Ferrari invests is staggering compared to the other teams. Not sure if Hamilton will pull world champion again this year. I like that Ferrari signed Leclerc even though he is young. I suspect all the fun and action will be watching the best of the rest like last year.

That Mercedes will take the Constructors championship, again. Its almost like NFL and the damn Pats. You know they will be at the big dance in the end. The amount of money Mercedes and Ferrari invests is staggering compared to the other teams. Not sure if Hamilton will pull world champion again this year. I like that Ferrari signed Leclerc even though he is young. I suspect all the fun and action will be watching the best of the rest like last year.

Yea, the leaders have been strong as hell. I'm more interested lately in midfield for that reason, but Leclerc should be interesting to watch. Lots of expectations for him. My favorite drivers are Raikkonen and anyone that crashes into Lewis Hamilton.

Reactions: bigdaddydmd
Same. Midfield is more fun. I'm hoping Renault has a better showing this year, but suspect they will come in 4th behind Red Bull. Be nice to see Haas step up and be a little more competitive just to see an American team have a better showing, but am not a fan of GrosJean or Magnussen. I think they could be better if they improved their drivers and quit making so many dumb pit errors. I am shocked the resigned Grosjean for this year.

I suspect you're right about MB and the constructors championship. Ferrari will probably start strong and start to lose it mid season...again.
I am interested so see if Williams can make any kind of comeback. I'd love to see them in the top 15.

I doubt Williams will make much of a comeback anytime soon. They are struggling. It would be nice to see them back in the top third again. Ferrari looked good in quals today. Looking forward to the race tomorrow.

Reactions: Skimafia
I know William's likely wont ever do better than 15th. The history of the team is pretty amazing. I think Clairr should realize she isnt the person for the job anymore. During FP3 or qualifying today thr commentators mentioned Sir Frank is going to come back to the team as a consultant.
Tomorrow is going to be a good run. If Leclerc can win it will make a statement. I am not a Ferrari fan like I used to be, I just want to see Hamilton lose.

It appears Ferrari did some significant engine and aero homework and they may have waited to implement until after Melbourne.

Haas seems to be steadily improving...… Grosjean not so much, brain dead slowing on track incident. I was surprised to hear the team is not communicating traffic intel to the driver...… especially Grosjean. :)

The low level of grip on Bahrain's track might be giving the engineers fits trying to keep heat in the tires and speed on the straights.

I'm all for more teams vying for podium finishes...…. watching a predictable 1-2 car train gets old quick.

Race day will be interesting.

I want to really like F1 racing - the wife and I went to the Austin TX race last year and loved it.

Just dislike that the races are essentially "bought". The teams that spend the most money, win. It's a two team race. Everyone else is on a different playing field.

That makes it a lot less exciting to watch. I want it to be more competitive, where on any given Sunday, every time is potentially in the running.

I can see how you feel that "races are essentially bought". When the top teams are dropping a ton of cash and have huge support teams vs the smaller teams it creates a large gap. If I recall correctly MB was $470 million last year and Ferrari was @ $430 Million vs teams like Haas dropping $40 million or Williams at $35 Million. I believe those numbers are correct. If wrong please correct me.

I believe that is why most fans of F1 watch the best of the rest, middle pack standings and racing because 1st/2nd is usually a solid lead in standing from 3rd on down. The competition in 4-5-6-7 is tight and leads swap constantly.

I really hope Ferrari does not put Vettel in front of Leclerc for championship points. Leclerc deserves a win early in his career

That was a really fun race to watch. It was full of action right from the start.

Minus Bernie, a plus for me.

But follow F1, nahhh; not since the days of Jim Clark and Sterling Moss.

Greg

Always been an Indy guy. Watched the F1 documentary on Netflix and was hooked.

F1 is the only auto racing I watch. I never miss practice, qualifying, or the race. I just wish Vettel would get it going this year

Ferrari has not had the pace all season. Honestly no one has against Mercedes which makes it a little boring to watch. Unless Mercedes has some kind of catastrophic failure in the team dynamic I think Hamilton will be world champion again and they will also take constructors championship.

I've been a fan of the Red Bull team for a while, specifically Daniel Riccairdo. It sucked to watch him struggle all last year with technical problems. This year it isn't going much better for him, but now he's in an even slower car.

Anyway, I'm surprised on how much better Mercedes is over the rest this year. No one else is even close.

I was hoping Bottas would do better this year and take the drivers championship instead of Louis. I missed the end of the Canada race because of heavy storms taken out my Direct TV

Reactions: Casey_H
Ferrari has not had the pace all season. Honestly no one has against Mercedes which makes it a little boring to watch. Unless Mercedes has some kind of catastrophic failure in the team dynamic I think Hamilton will be world champion again and they will also take constructors championship.
That’s why I started falling “out of love” the last few years.
I’m a Ferrari fan so I’m pissed in general but with the new rules of updates, if the car isn’t great to start the season is over.
I know they want to limit costs but it’s limiting the updates possible so unless there are “catastrophic “ issues the seasons over by race 4.

Looking at the ”track” at Saudi Arabia, in my humble opinion, it is not a track. The best way I can describe it is a narrow canyon, but it looks more to me like a tunnel. Your mileage may vary, but not my cup of tea.

Looking at the ”track” at Saudi Arabia, in my humble opinion, it is not a track. The best way I can describe it is a narrow canyon, but it looks more to me like a tunnel. Your mileage may vary, but not my cup of tea.
I didn't watch FP2 this morning; but I cannot stand that track. I hope Miami is better. But I'm not for these street circuts. The fact this new company is now threatening to replace Silverstone and Spa tells it all. They want to be NASCAR.

Reactions: Dead Eye Dick
Miami will be an absolute joke in terms of racing.

It's all about the show now. I've been following F1 since the 70's, but I'm pretty much over it.