• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Any F1 racing fans?

Just sharing thoughts on HAAS..

I think the car is capable of scoring points. Their qualifying pace and reliability shows that. I think Kev could put them up in the points and would have if he'd been with them all season. He was unlucky last weekend. I am not impressed with MSC. Not every driver that wins in F2 can keep up with F1 performance.

By way of example, look at Albon - he wasn't capable of performing in a top-tier car.
I'll give Albon more of a break than MSC. Albon at least was in a position a few times to podium until Crybaby hit him. And, the RBR cars of those two seasons must have been very difficult to drive (even Max alluded to this). That said, Albon will never be back in a "Tier 1" team - I'm not delusional. MSC will (the name buys him waaaay too much cred).

I actually think quite a few drivers should be worried about employment: Latifi, Vettel, Alonso, Ricciardo, Stroll (if he weren't on Daddy's team), Gasly, Tsunoda (though the A-T guys have a shit car, no doubt). I'd definitely get rid of the first 5 if I were team principle and even if Vettel found a bit of mojo, he'd still be gone due to his wokeism and that freaking thing growing on top of his head.

I'll give Albon more of a break than MSC.

I don't disagree. I was using him as another example of a successful F2 driver not being able to perform at the top level of F1, which is where MSC is. Winning in F2 is not the same as F1.

Reactions: BytorJr
Did I miss something or was I dreaming. I thought Monaco was FP1/FP2 on Thursday? Break on Friday.

Well, obviously, but I don't remember seeing any announcement from F1 or in the media (BBC F1 section..)

Any chance in HELL THE WOULD BRING BACK THE GRID GIRLS???? They need the job and it keeps them off the streets!!! Better looking than a pit mechanic or a racing tire,,, Geezzzzzzz

I'm happy for PER but it just goes to show what a joke Monaco is as a race circuit. I hope they drop it.

For Monaco, it was an entertaining race; but really, they could have raced a lot earlier on. And why no standing start after the first red flag??? They blasted Masi, but this new director really sucks. I've run on wetter tracks in HSDE early on in my "career" with much less capable equipment and tires. Was I white knuckled..hell yes; but these guy are SUPPOSED to be the cream of the crop...let them show us. Granted, at one point it was too wet; but honestly it's almost like NASCAR...a little water...no race.

Quick observations:
1) Happy for Checo, who somehow managed his wounded tire from the mistake early on in the restart.
2) LeClerc...tough luck dude, but he's still an ass IMO.
3) Still not sure how Max ended up behind Carlos at the pit stop; but he did. However, again IMO, Max drove a race The Professor himself would approve of (of course, that being Alain Prost). Manage the loss by not losing sight of the championship race. You're ahead of LeClerc and that's all that matters, getting out ahead of him is a win. Yes, he could have made the challenge on Sainz, but he'd have destroyed his tires, become vulnerable to Charles. VERY mature drive from Max.
4) Hamilton cry cry cry cry. I totally disagree with Ocon's penalty. Of course he turned into him, he was ahead and he was turning right at Sainte Devote (IIRC). Good for Alonso keeping that crybaby behind him.
5) Another example of why MSC doesn't belong in Formula 1. This one fortunately wasn't nearly as scary as Saudi Arabia. But the funny thing is, and I now have to root against Haas, is Steiner was blasting the top teams for wanting an increase in the cost cap. Well, now Gunter...what do you think? You've written off TWO FULL CHASSIS due to MSC. And that's not hurting your cost cap?!? If not, there is a reason your team is once again a moving chicane!!!!!!!
6) Comment of the day by Zhou: something to the effect of "you may want to have some new pants for me." Most brilliant save of the 2022 season and one of most brilliant in last few years. Right now Zhou > Tsunoda >>> MSC for the newest guys on track.

My heart wouldn't hurt if Monaco was dropped; so long as we save Spa!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spa must never go away.

Last edited:
Reactions: 91Eunozs
That’s correct, but the later fills the deep pockets of the new f1 circus owner’s more …. See Miami, same shit show

• Love
Reactions: eflyguy and BytorJr
This year, Ferrari's biggest rival is Ferrari!

You can basically have a broke ass car and if you are in the lead, you can win it. But if you have no clue where your driver is on the track and tell them to pit at the wrong time, you are just giving away wins.

Happy for Checo. Easily the most likeable driver on the grid. I'd take a win in Monaco(shit track) then a win in Barcelona(which he would have been caught and passed anyways)

Reactions: eflyguy
I said it before but bringing the entire show across the pond for one race then back to EU is just stupid. They talk about being more "green" but the money and resources to ship this show around are immense. I know they have multiple setups that get moved around but even the cars themselves take $$ and effort to ship around.

Reactions: Schütze
There's been a lot of talk about regionalizing the schedule starting in 2023...which may or may not include moving Monaco's historic GP date.

May not be able to do ALL Asia and ALL North America/South America and ALL Mideast and ALL Europe in blocks, but using Europe as the base and doing 2-3-4 races in a region just makes smart logstical sense.

Reactions: kthomas
I can't see why not. Start in EU, move to the middle-east, then Asia, AUS, then the americas.

Does anyone really give a crap that Monaco is on memorial day? A race is a race (and Monaco isn't a race anyway..)

I will change direction a bit, Lewis “CryBaby Hamilton was concerned about the investigation on so and so for driving dangerous… well,, I think CryBaby should concentrate on driving the car instead of that Bull Shit…What will be the next CryBaby moment,,,” Someone farted in the garage “??? Fkkkk…Move on Lewis!

I will change direction a bit, Lewis “CryBaby Hamilton was concerned about the investigation on so and so for driving dangerous… well,, I think CryBaby should concentrate on driving the car instead of that Bull Shit…What will be the next CryBaby moment,,,” Someone farted in the garage “??? Fkkkk…Move on Lewis!
Lewis is on my ignore list, only able to piss me off with a stunt he pulled in silver stone last year. Even the f1 msm loses interest in him witch makes it a lot easier to ignore the blm bitch….

Reactions: Charlie112
There's been a lot of talk about regionalizing the schedule starting in 2023...which may or may not include moving Monaco's historic GP date.

May not be able to do ALL Asia and ALL North America/South America and ALL Mideast and ALL Europe in blocks, but using Europe as the base and doing 2-3-4 races in a region just makes smart logstical sense.
The problem I have with that is it gives fans (who travel in their region) only a snapshot. Let's say I saw Saudi, but by USGP the cars are wildly different, then I'd feel a little "jipped." It also could take attendance away and potentially put "real" tracks in peril. We'll see that in US with LAS, MIA, AUS. Only real circuit is COTA.

However, from a travel cost standpoint, it's a no-brainer.

Lewis is on my ignore list, only able to piss me off with a stunt he pulled in silver stone last year. Even the f1 msm loses interest in him witch makes it a lot easier to ignore the blm bitch….
Agree. It's nice to see George getting the kudos. But 100000000% the stunt he pulled at Silverstone was attrocious. I know there are a lot of Max haters, but if Louis is that good he'd have known he was going to wash out. I still think he knew damn good and well he was going to just tag Max enough to make him go off at about 170+ mph.

Anyways...congrats to Checo for signing another 2 years. Max has a real competitor on his hands now and hopefully that'll push RBR to higher levels. I dislike Ferrari (though I'd be okay with them 2nd), but HATE Mercedes (Toto primarily).

I have voiced my displeasure with HAM here multiple times, but it is really satisfying to see him getting downplayed by RUS and I hope that leads to his early departure.

I am NOT racist but the way he plays up the show is sickening. F1 should be about racing. RIC and MSC need to be gone as well. VET also, he's just become a political talking head.

I think VER can take on PER, I believe they are pretty close - one has experience, the other drive/motivation. Truly ecstatic that PER ended up at RBR though, he deserved it.

Can you imagine ALO or RAI in the Mercedes?

I don't think either are/were past great drives.

I don’t think F1 will let MSC go out that easy. Latifi, Stroll, Vettel, and Verstappen should all go and let some better talent come up.

You forgot Ricciardo. Way past his prime and got lucky last year at Monza. If Lando was allowed to race him, he would have gone by easily. Stroll isn't going anywhere with his dad owning the team.

Verstappen go? Really? He is probably in the top 3 drivers in the field. Never been a big fan of his, but the kid can straight up drive.

I have voiced my displeasure with HAM here multiple times, but it is really satisfying to see him getting downplayed by RUS and I hope that leads to his early departure.

I am NOT racist but the way he plays up the show is sickening. F1 should be about racing. RIC and MSC need to be gone as well. VET also, he's just become a political talking head.

I think VER can take on PER, I believe they are pretty close - one has experience, the other drive/motivation. Truly ecstatic that PER ended up at RBR though, he deserved it.
Is Vettel secretly dating Greta Thunberg? He's become, other than Hamilton, the biggest politics guy there is. Hell, in some ways; maybe bigger than Hamilton. I agree...VET, RIC, MSC, ALO, LAT, STR (never happen) need to depart. Ricciardo has always been a complete goofball. A lot of people like that in him; but to me he comes off as unprofessional and not focused.

I like the fact Max has a legit driver as a teammate. PER has gotten the shaft multiple times and fortunately for him landed at RBR. I think VER and PER actually get along; but how much longer who knows.

Also, WTF is that on VET head???????? :).

As for VER leaving...are you kidding me? He's probably the best driver there is right now. I'd put LeClerc slightly behind him (he makes unforced errors at critical times - in the past anyway). Very tough to say the order of actual best drivers, but my poke at rating would be VER, LEC, PER, RUS, NOR/HAM, SAI.

Just random observations - both LEC and RUS appear to have become arrogant. It goes with the territory, I guess, but I don't like it.

Just random observations - both LEC and RUS appear to have become arrogant. It goes with the territory, I guess, but I don't like it.
I’d agree with this. LEC has always been a bit of an ass but RUS has definitely become an ass.

So, not to be poltical here; but according to MSN: Hamilton had been lining up the French driver for an overtake into Ste. Devote, only to have Ocon move across and squeeze him into the barriers

Maybe I need to rewatch this; but I don't recall an barrier being involved at Ste Devote. A large kerb, yes. No did I think Ocon did anything improper here.

I have a serious complaint to launch against those FIA schedule makers. To have a Grand Prix on the Same Weekend as LeMans. Pretty damn stupid. Rules out anyone ever participating In both. In the days when drivers were drivers (and not high tech video game players) men could drive virtually anything on the road, drive it well and often did. yes, today’s race vehicles are infinitely safer, but…seeing Dan or Jim stepping out of the GP machines, talking laps at NASCAR, winning at Indianapolis and the USAC open wheel circuit, then having a go at LeMans, and the rest of the sports car championship,

These Men were TRUE World Champions. (Even those who never earned the title)

Sadly none of these “$$$ creating machines” cares about our complaints. And the masses go to the horrendous overpriced events and support them. Seems to me as more as they’ve raised ticket admissions, as more like to attend ?!

I have a serious complaint to launch against those FIA schedule makers. To have a Grand Prix on the Same Weekend as LeMans. Pretty damn stupid. Rules out anyone ever participating In both. In the days when drivers were drivers (and not high tech video game players) men could drive virtually anything on the road, drive it well and often did. yes, today’s race vehicles are infinitely safer, but…seeing Dan or Jim stepping out of the GP machines, talking laps at NASCAR, winning at Indianapolis and the USAC open wheel circuit, then having a go at LeMans, and the rest of the sports car championship,

These Men were TRUE World Champions. (Even those who never earned the title)
Wow. That’s bad. Not that any modern F1 driver competes in both nowadays due to what I assume is contractual it sucks that they are pitting the most famous race in world against a race. LeMans is one of the big three right? Other two being Monoco (I know it sucks) and Indy. Wonder what Alonso’s take on this would be?

Wow, a lot of stuff this weekend.
1) Ferrari woes. And with that...the Ferrari/Red Bull rivalry has been quite gentlemanly. Hats off to Mattia Binotto for not being a pin-head,d-bag like Toto Wolf.

2) Max bringing his game to the actual race (he's jinxed in quali right now); but I'll take a race win any day over quali.

3) Checo not happy about pit stop strategy (hey, he was the one losing time..burned his tires up the first few laps). But he's still on fire.

4) Mercedes pleading to FIA to change aero rules/active suspension rule because their car sucks so bad...raise the ride height and go compete with Williams, Toto!!!!! BULLSHIT TOTO....your car sucks so go cry to Haas, Williams, and Aston Martin.

5) I truly felt sorry for Crybaby today; that was no act how bad his back hurt!! Looked just like I did a few years ago with L3/L4/L5 went out and bulged (though L5 is pretty much gone and I'm 1/2-3/4" shorter). NOBODY that's had back pain from bulged disk would wish that upon anybody. I could tell how he got out he was hurt; but "that walk" was indicative of somebody guarding their back - cannot fake that. Mercedes needs to suck it up and say "our car sucks" and raise the ride height to protect their drivers. Hell, I'm becoming less of a fan of arrogant George; but at least protect his career.

6) McClaren should have let Lando pass the future-unemployeed Ricciardo. And no, we don't need his "smile" on the grid. Put Albon in his car and then we'd have a good little team battle going on at McClaren.

7) Curious to know what all the rest of the "old folks" who watched F1 from 80s-90s (or even 70s) think about DTS? Personally, I think it's bad for the sport because it's geared towards the low-attention span crowd by making things extra dramatic. IIRC, Verstappen pulled out for this reason of "fake drama" (or maybe he didn't like he and Kelly being filmed). Having watched only 1 or 2 seasons that's my feelings towards it.

It also seems like this may be driving the "show" toward the Miami and Vegas crowd that seems to be the Netflix crowd (enough said that Michael Obama was in Miami). Hence street tracks and not proper racing tracks. Aka: Spa, Imola, Suzuka - are they going to die off? I'd love to see a more challenging track where there are off camber turns and may some that are on camber then go off camber. Sure, I'm sure that's not the fastest thing for an F1 car; but it'd make things a hell of a lot more challenging and be a great sports car track too (IMSA). Not some street track (though Baku is surely one of the better ones if not the best).

Long term, I think DTS will actually hurt the sport because it's geared towards the American audience and when they get bored with it (in say 2 - 3 more years...then what? Maybe it' the crotchety old man in me; but all these "new fans" kind of irk me. Seems like anything actually "cool" gets tainted by the "50K millionaire" - HSDE's, adventure motorcycles, etc, etc. I just hope this isn't where F-1 is going.

Reactions: 91Eunozs
So damn upset with Ferrari. They have a competitive car and decent drivers. They need to get their shit together and start winning again.

What is Mercedes doing? They were great for 8 years and now they’re shit? I don’t know, seems suspicious to me.

Redbull sucks and I hope Max fucks off. Good for Checo but Redbull will fuck him every chance they can and not give a shit.

McLaren is disappointing. They have some driver changes to make.

Other than Redbull and maybe Ferrari, there are no real competitors this years. I bet the Redbull assholes take both this year.

Reactions: Drew890
I said it a couple of pages ago and it still holds true. Ferraris biggest rival this year is Ferrari. They might have the fastest car over 1 lap but they can't put it all together for a full race. Charles has a horrible Pole to Win conversion. 15 poles and 4 wins now. I'm still not sure if they are just turning it all the way up to be competitive which is leading to unreliability this year. I think all 4 DNFs were Ferrari powered vehicles. 3 having to deal with the powertrain.

Mercedes just don't have it this year. It's gone on way too long and they are so far behind, it would be a miracle if they put something together to stop the porpoising. I felt really bad for Lewis today, he called it yesterday and half way through the race saying his back was hurting. How long until the FIA jumps in and tells the team to either fix it or they will have to tell them to raise the heights of the cars to stop it for the driver safety. I couldn't imagine my head being bounced up and down lap after lap. That's going to take a toll on their health. About the the only team that has solved it is RBR and now the Green Bull.

I think everyone needs to slow down on the Checo hypetrain for a bit. Yes, I totally think he earned his way into the RBR second seat and definitely earned his contract extension. But to say that he is even on the level of Max is just stupid. Yes Checo won Monaco, but so did Riccardo with the RBR that didnt even have 3rd gear. Keeping someone behind you isn't hard in Monaco. Oddly this race, Checo blew through the rears really fast. Out of everyone in the field, Checo has the best tire management. I heard some people were complaining about how Max and Checo should be allowed to race. I could think of 2 or 3 instances of the top of my head where they did and it didn't end too well for RBR. Multi 21 anyone? Not a huge Max fan, more of a RBR team fan, but there is no denying he is the best driver on the grid on race day for the past couple of years.

Don't know if you know this but Riccardo has final say if he stays with McLaren or not next year. It's in his contract, he has that power, not the team. As much as I like Danni Ric, he is past his prime. He blew it when it left RBR.

DTS is a decent show. It is bringing in a lot of new fans to the F1 which I believe is a good thing. While most of us have been watching F1 for several decades, Liberty Media did it right with bringing on the show (although a lot of the drama is fake AF) since NASCAR is on the decline for several years now. I think if they didn't have all the fake drama like they did in the past 2 years, it would be liked more by the old F1 fans. I read threads all the time on reddit about new fans, I have 0 problems with them. The only bad thing now with it is that the cost to go to the race is out of control expensive. GA was over 400 bucks at COTA, Grandstand seats were 500+. I'm not paying 500+ for less then 2 hours of entertainment, unless it's at the strip club. I heard Miami was over 1k for GA and 1500-2000 for some grandstand tickets. Some of the VIP areas were 5-10K per ticket and you can barely see the track. The only reason I got to go last year is because one of my good friends worked at the title sponsor Aramco and I asked her a beginning of the year to get me tickets to the race in Austin since their US HQ was in Houston. I started watching in the late 90s with the raise of MS, have always been a big fan of his, even though I couldn't stand it when he went to Ferrari. Just because Ferrari owners and even the companies were just ass shats.

Reactions: 1stIDvet
…I truly felt sorry for Crybaby today; that was no act how bad his back hurt!! Looked just like I did a few years ago with L3/L4/L5 went out and bulged (though L5 is pretty much gone and I'm 1/2-3/4" shorter). NOBODY that's had back pain from bulged disk would wish that upon anybody. I could tell how he got out he was hurt; but "that walk" was indicative of somebody guarding their back - cannot fake that...

I’m only laughing because misery loves company. My wife was watching the end of the race with me and started chuckling as she said “He looks just like you when you walk!”

Yep, blown out L4/L5 and L5/S1 from parachuting and other young man games, along with the matching knees and of course a couple surgeries by military docs to “fix” ‘em will do that to ya.

Funny story from this weekend… I ran out to a trap/skeet club several miles from where I live because they almost always have my preferred powder in stock, and as I’m coming out of the clubhouse, this car is driving by and the driver drops his window.. “Hey is your last name xxxxxx?” I say “why yes it is!“

He goes ”Hey <past life rank>! I‘m MSgt xxxxxx and was stationed with you in Germany!” I actually remembered him quite well, and we chatted for a bit. One of the last things he says is “Yeah, I knew it was you from the way you were walking!”

Some things never change…

OK,
Picks for Canada F1 is open,
1. Who bounces the most??
2. Who bounces the least??
3. Which of the cars will lead the race, break down, and not finish the race?
I know, easy questions... please no grammar teachers.

FAI is going to take action to reduce the porpoising.

Great. Ferrari and Mercedes whine enough, and the rules are changed despite some other teams having already figured it out.

Reactions: Charlie112
I took as if the FIA says that if whatever car (Mercedes Ferrari, McLaren) is porpoising too much from their data, they are going to make them change the car. Should not affect the teams that have a handle on it (RBR, Alpine).

If that's the case, great, but neither report I read stated that.
My understanding from what I read. The reg is, if a team's car porposes too much, evidenced by the plank being worn (too much) the team has to make changes to stop it. At first, I thought oh great, they are going to implement a change to the vehicles specifications in mid season. Further reading showed no spec changes, just, "if you car is broke, you fix it and fix it so it still meets regs."