• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any F1 racing fans?

Wouldn't it be fun if F1 had a pool of identical cars to throw drivers in...
That would be an F1 cup…. Where is the fun in that? Lots of cup racing around in different leagues. I always enjoyed very much manufacturer’s competing against each other, they made them use all the same tires. This took already some enjoyment out of it. I think they use all the same engine control units? Turning more and more into cup racing.

Not an entire series, just a once-per-year shootout.

In equal cars, I predict VES would win, HAM or RUS 2nd, and PER, SAI or LEC right behind. ALO would be up there as well.

We use to have something like that, remember the go cart race in the off season? MSC won most of the time

Reactions: 91Eunozs
About damn time. Williams has finally pulled the cord on Latifi. I am honestly surprised they waited this long to make the announcement. I wonder who they will contract with to pair with Albon? Devries? Herta? Maybe they will pick up Riccardo if Alpine passes on him.

Latifi brings lots of $$, didn’t research because I don’t really care. I was told his dad is at least like stroll’s dad, $$ is no issue for these people and they just buy f1 teams so junior can drive if they have to.

Wouldn't it be fun if F1 had a pool of identical cars to throw drivers in...
This already exists. Its called NASCAR. One design auto racing is truly like kissing your sisters pet pig. It winds up being a worse parade than what F1 with its unassailable aero has become.

Reactions: nikonNUT
DeVries will almost certainly be on the grid next year, question is will he be at Williams, Alpine or AlphaTauri.

I'd like to see Seargant at Williams, Gasly at Alpine, DeVries at AlphaTauri, and Mick get one more year at Haas.

Reactions: pilotjoe
I'd like to see Seargant at Williams, Gasly at Alpine, DeVries at AlphaTauri, and Mick get one more year at Haas.
Well, we're halfway to this prognostication...
Would not be surprised if Williams and maybe even Haas hold their cards until after Abu Dhabi to see if Sergeant earns a superlicense via his F2 finish, especially since Dorilton Capital is US based and Sergeant is American. That being said, I wouldn't be entirely shocked to see Williams move on Mick if Haas goes a different direction (which shouldn't be Nico IMO), even if only for the name recognition.

Although I am glad to see Max get his 2nd title, I don't agree with the decision to award full points for half a race, even if it is written into the rules. The title was going to be his regardless.

It feels like it was done to placate Honda at their home circuit. LEC did not gain an advantage, PER was not going to get by him. Rulz is rulz, though.

That issue with a recovery vehicle on-track is just beyond belief as well.

The whole commentary from all the media made it seem it was more confusing than it was. When the world feed put up the points for the race on the screen Crofty was like "those points are not right". Even the teams didn't even know. The FIA really needs to reword that rule.... even though it was the teams that actually voted for that rule to be in place after last years Belgium GP.

I thought the ruling against Charles was just. That's a slam dunk call. No way you can cut a corner like that when you have room and you overshoot the corner and are you allowed to keep the spot. Even Sergio knew right away that was not legal at all. The Ferraris all year have had the same problems of getting the tires up to temp really fast and then the tires dying out quickly thereafter. Only exception was Austrian GP.

I watched that till the bloody end.

I'm a bit shocked that either half to 3/4 points not awarded. I wanted Max to win as we all know by now; but, I really was greedy and wanted him to win in Austin so I could be there in person. Good thing FIA isn't writing safety critical software.

I disagree on the didn't gain and advantage. Had Charles not had an error, he'd have been 2nd. He totally blew the chicane and again the rules say he had to give that position back. Had he not had the forced error he'd still be in the hunt. Charles makes mistakes that truthfully he should not be making (but I'm glad he does).

Max was on a completely different level yesterday, completely. Enough so anybody even questioning his championships should be ashamed of themselves. My guess is he's going to try to win out the rest of the year to have a pretty untouchable record of wins-in-a-season. It was obvious when he got the poor start and went balls-to-the-wall into turns 1 and 2 at the standing start he was on a different level. All the hate against Max is much like the hate against Senna and Schumacher and even Crybaby (though I actually liked him until he went to Merc). When people are great, people hate - simple as that.

Great race. Ocon holding off Hamilton was brilliant. Too bad we didn't see more of the VET, ALO, RUS battle. Hell, even Lathifi scored points.

Side note, the skill level of all at that race shows why F-1 is the top tier. Suzuka and Spa are, IMO, the two most driver oriented tracks left and were not trashed after the Senna crash. To win in that rain must be a huge affirmation of skill to oneself.

Also, the tractor. WHY THE HELL DON'T THEY HAVE LIGHTS ON THEM BLINKING????? I do think though, that Gasly was in the wrong hauling ass through there - like Johny Herbert was saying...He KNEW there was a double yellow, KNEW where the wreck was and despite it going to red-flag right then, he was still in double yellow, essentially a localized red-flag. I can see LeMans type rules going in next year for doubl yellow. As Herbert also pointed out, there could have been marshalls out on track (maybe Sainz was in need of immediate extraction) but here comes the overrated Gasly hauling ass. And why don't marshalls have blinking lights on their vests? Hell I had a blinking dog leash for my dog and wore blinky lights on my person just to walk dog. FIA really stupid in rule writing on this as well - for that the driver's can be mad; even though I say Gasly was driving too fast for the double yellow flag. (added: there still is no excuse for having that crane out there at that time, none...I do agree with that and I think Gasly got 2 superlicence penality points and a big time penalty).

Finally from looking through Alonso's helmet-cam, the visibility was much better than led to believe with the camera on the airbox. Not great mind you; but nearly as bad as that camera. Or that's how it looked to me.

Last edited:
Finally from looking through Alonso's helmet-cam, the visibility was much better than led to believe with the camera on the airbox. Not great mind you; but nearly as bad as that camera. Or that's how it looked to me.
If you've ridden motorcycles in the rain, you'll know it doesn't take much speed to keep a clear visor. The spray from vehicles ahead is something else, though. No amount of visor clearing will deal with that, but on the street you just back away a little.

I use RainX on my cars' windshields and rarely ever use the wipers. Anything over 35-40 and they stay clear.

If anyone needed more proof on Ferraris tire was gone by the end of the race.
1665338765660.png

If you've ridden motorcycles in the rain, you'll know it doesn't take much speed to keep a clear visor. The spray from vehicles ahead is something else, though. No amount of visor clearing will deal with that, but on the street you just back away a little.

I use RainX on my cars' windshields and rarely ever use the wipers. Anything over 35-40 and they stay clear.
Big believer in RainX or similar products. I still think RainX may be the best as I've tried others. How well RainX works though is definitely part aerodynamics of the car. My GF hates that I never use my wipers and generally when I do, it's because of spray from the other cars.

While I know I said it wasn't as bad as the camera on top of the airbox and seeing from Alonso's visor, that was also later in the race and not at the start where just how the hell they don't just completely crash remains a mystery to me. Hence why I get paid a small fraction (lifetime) what most make in a year.

I watched that till the bloody end.

I'm a bit shocked that either half to 3/4 points not awarded. I wanted Max to win as we all know by now; but, I really was greedy and wanted him to win in Austin so I could be there in person. Good thing FIA isn't writing safety critical software.

I disagree on the didn't gain and advantage. Had Charles not had an error, he'd have been 2nd. He totally blew the chicane and again the rules say he had to give that position back. Had he not had the forced error he'd still be in the hunt. Charles makes mistakes that truthfully he should not be making (but I'm glad he does).

Max was on a completely different level yesterday, completely. Enough so anybody even questioning his championships should be ashamed of themselves. My guess is he's going to try to win out the rest of the year to have a pretty untouchable record of wins-in-a-season. It was obvious when he got the poor start and went balls-to-the-wall into turns 1 and 2 at the standing start he was on a different level. All the hate against Max is much like the hate against Senna and Schumacher and even Crybaby (though I actually liked him until he went to Merc). When people are great, people hate - simple as that.

Great race. Ocon holding off Hamilton was brilliant. Too bad we didn't see more of the VET, ALO, RUS battle. Hell, even Lathifi scored points.

On the Sky Commentary (International Feed) They were counting the laps saying that the race had run greater than half distance. So how many points were to be awarded was being talked about. As long as the rain delay was I am glad that we got as many laps in as we did.

Charles did leave the course limits and gained an advantage under the rules. That has been pretty uniformly enforced this year, and the penalty was correct, and while that made the announcement that Max has won the driver's championship a little anti climatic, at least it was all settled before they got to the podium.

Alpine had a great result, that should take away a bit of the sting from Singapore.

Some great long battles, at times they needed a three way split screen. The tire deg vs the total race distance was a great challenge of driver/car/team strategy.

Latifi isn't 21st in a 20 car championship anymore, he is tied for last, so congrats, it has to feel great to get that monkey off your back.

On the Sky Commentary (International Feed) They were counting the laps saying that the race had run greater than half distance. So how many points were to be awarded was being talked about. As long as the rain delay was I am glad that we got as many laps in as we did.

Charles did leave the course limits and gained an advantage under the rules. That has been pretty uniformly enforced this year, and the penalty was correct, and while that made the announcement that Max has won the driver's championship a little anti climatic, at least it was all settled before they got to the podium.

Alpine had a great result, that should take away a bit of the sting from Singapore.

Some great long battles, at times they needed a three way split screen. The tire deg vs the total race distance was a great challenge of driver/car/team strategy.

Latifi isn't 21st in a 20 car championship anymore, he is tied for last, so congrats, it has to feel great to get that monkey off your back.
Haha, good poinit about Latifi. I hadn't even thought of that.

What channel are you watching it on.
Listing says 3 eastern on ESPN. Channel guide shows it in currently on ABC but there's some show about cup cakes or something.

ESPN since 1:30.

I don't have "TV" service but I do have access to my ex's Dish account so I can stream F1 coverage. That's all I use it for.

So I watched the race today and whislt I know I'm a huge Max fan I have to again side with Max. Hamilton, per his usual M.O. left Max no room. Then in the post race had some derogatory comment about Max...something like "that's just Max." God help us if Mercedes is good next year. It's about time somebody took Hamilton off at Maggots and let him see how it is crashing at 180+ into a wall because HE is the one that is, in my not so humble opinion, usually in the wrong.

I also find the FIA stewards tossing penalites on everybody making a challenge in a turn BS. So I guess it's only supposed to be passing in the DRS zones??? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!

More interesting is what has happened between Max and Checo? My guess is Checo feels the car was completely developed for Max. I don't really blame Max for not allowing Checo the lead...Max had 5 second penalty, came back, was almost 5 seconds ahead of Checo with a 10 second nose replacement pit, a 5 second penalty and then a screw up on the pit stop at the 5 second penalty. Checo, IMO, has one more year. If Nyck DeVries comes on strong at Alpha Tauri...he'll be Max's teammate.

Same with LeClreq asking Sainz to give it up....BS.

And as much as it sickens me that Mercedes was 1-2, at least there is now a distinct possibility Crybaby won't win a race this year!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!

Reactions: Schütze
Max did Checo dirty.

He already won WDC and set the record for season wins, the team already has WCC, and his teammate who helped him win races & last year's championship could use the points from finishing one position higher to help maintain second in WDC.

And you sound like an entitled selfish cunt when your team asks you to give up the position???

Max is an elite talent but fuck, be a team player for once when it is LITERALLY meaningless for you.

I definitely don't understand the not letting Checo pass thing. But I think it's something about Monoco where it's suspected he crashed on purpose.

I will say one more thing...Ricciardo....enjoy your LAST race in F-1 in Abu Dhabi. That guy does NOT deserve a ride in F-1.

I apparently don't follow the rules or the FIA enough to understand why Max got a penalty for the contact with Hamilton.

Because there is a rule where you can't penalize Hamilton.

Anyone find it odd how they changed the rule this year on the Sprint race where if you have a penalty it only applies to the race and not the sprint race? Last year it was applied to the sprint race. They need to get rid of the sprint races, gimmicky as hell. Just like the whole NASCAR points system.

Not a hamiton fan definitely not a verstappen fan but that was hamiltons corner, he was ahead and taking the racing line. Max wasn never going to make the 2nd turn from his positioning and speed on the track without running hamilton off the road on the exit had hamilton given him the space, he said in the post race interview he knew there was going to be contact but he did it anyway. The guy is a dick and his racing style is and has always been yield or he's going to crash into you. Hamilton may be a whiney little woke bitch but he can drive and is just verstappening verstappen instead of backing off.

Problem with f1 in the past 30 years is there's rarely 2 teams on equal terms so you only ever see whose got the best car. They should run a side championship in standard road cars that handle like shit that would probably be an eye opener.

With Verstappens latest BS I hope they penalize him, what a shithead. He's already won the championship but wouldn't yield for his team mate!! POS move IMO. Ego's are sometimes hard to overcome..........

If Mercedes or Ferrari continue to close the performance gap next season with Red Bull, you’ll see more of Verstappen’s antics.
I really, really, respect his talent. The guy’s good. But as I’ve said before, he is needlessly aggressive sometimes. He forces other to yield to him or chance wrecking. There is a fine line between being aggressive, needlessly aggressive, and dangerous.

It had gotten better this season with Max, but let’s face it: when you are blowing everyone’s doors off, you don’t have to be aggressive. This was the first race where Merc really seemed to have to solved a few puzzles that had hamstrung them.

I’ve always thought it funny that very few people have commented “the only reason Verstappen wins is because he has the fastest/best car” like they did when Hamilton and Vettel were slaying the competition. I get it, people get tired of the same person winning all the time, but let’s face it…..you gotta have the best equipment under your butt to consistently win. All/most of these guys are elite drivers. Some just have better equipment, crews, race engineers, and sometimes “misunderstood budget cap rules” than others. Ha ha ha. sorry….just had to….

Not a hamiton fan definitely not a verstappen fan but that was hamiltons corner, he was ahead and taking the racing line. Max wasn never going to make the 2nd turn from his positioning and speed on the track without running hamilton off the road on the exit had hamilton given him the space, he said in the post race interview he knew there was going to be contact but he did it anyway. The guy is a dick and his racing style is and has always been yield or he's going to crash into you. Hamilton may be a whiney little woke bitch but he can drive and is just verstappening verstappen instead of backing off.

Problem with f1 in the past 30 years is there's rarely 2 teams on equal terms so you only ever see whose got the best car. They should run a side championship in standard road cars that handle like shit that would probably be an eye opener.
I don't know about that. It's all to protect hamilto. As Alonso and Fittipaldi said, Sir Crybaby's championships were among this teammates, not the others. Hardly the same as Prost, Senna, or Schumacher. They won't say that because he's protected.

But, what this sport is turning into is NASCAR. Of course, a US company is running the show (or is that ruining) and this whole Drive-to-Survive shit is what this is about. Why do we call it racing if you cannot go wheel to wheel in a turn? Sure, Sir Crybaby, was ahead just by ONE wheel length...that's it. ONE WHEEL. Sir Crybaby shut the door on Max just like he did in 2021 at Monza that almost led to his getting hurt badly (pushed Max into the sausage kerb) .

If you actually think Hamilton can outdrive Max in the same exact spec car...your'e nuts!!!!!!!!!! Had Max had Bottas' seat in 2017 and for sure in 2018-2020 Louis would NOT have but maybe one championship.

Was Max a dick yesterday with Checo? On the surface, absolutely!!! Did Max put Checo into the wall at 180+ mph at Maggots (Silverstone...NOPE) - THAT sir is dangerous and if Sir Crybaby was so good he'd have known at that corner he was going to lose downforce. Oh, and by the way he was damn near a full car length behind when he wrecked Max yet got off with a very light penalty for it. My belief and it always will be, was the wreck was on purpose and I'll go so far as to say it was done at the most dangerous corner this side of Eau Rouge/Radillon with the intention of destroying Max's car (done) and possibly putting him out of a few races. YES, that's my belief; but people that think Lord Crybaby is a gentleman racer are dillusional...his hero...Senna (hardly a gentleman driver). And yes, Senna was one of the best ever. He'd blow Sir Crybaby away driving the track blindfolded.

So if Max was so wrong yesterday by being 1 wheel length behind, then how was Sir Crybaby in the right a full fucking car length off at Maggots???? Oh, that's right, because he's "special" and whines at everything. And how was Sir Crybaby right at Monza when Max had the inside line and Hamilton forced him in?

Funny isn't it that Max and George went head to head and no incidents. Max and Carlos have gone head to head...no incidents. Max and Charles went head to head an no incidents (the last 2 or 3 years!!). It's only Max and Sir Crybaby that this becomes an issue...wake up...it's NOT Max's driving.

And so it's not just about Max, how many times did Sir Crybaby boot Alex Albon off track right so he could get a podium? Twice that I can recount. Penalty...nope...none. And he was behind Alex in each case!!! By more than one wheel.

Face it...Sir Crybaby was never as good as people thought. In my top 10...he's maybe...number 7, maybe.

I'd be curious to know how many "anti-Max" folks out here just started watching F-1 and are regular Drive to Survive watchers...the show that effectively will end F-1 as us original F-1 fans knew.

well, maybe not 3 cheers; but at least a bit of a sanity check...

even made faux news

Reactions: mwd92870
I struggle with this. While I don't want to see or hear that shit when I'm trying to relax and watch something I enjoy and believe they have other platforms they can express their opinions and support on (team websites, IG, FB, etc.).... I don't like the outright censorship because where is the end (much like gun control shit, nothing is ever enough).

Wouldn't mind if they had a quick display at the start with a driver and their organizations they support if they chose to do so. Then leave it up to the viewer to go to their pages and get more into it but not have to have everyone sit there and listen to the shit coming out of their mouths.

To be clear.... I'm not biased, I'd still get annoyed if they started saying everyone should have the freedom of gun ownership. I just don't believe it's the place for it.

Its not censoring via government it’s criteria put forth by their employer, very different.

Do something on “company time” and there are rules to abide by.

After work, take off your jersey and scream to the moon.

Don’t like it go drive for another series, no one forced you to drive F1 cars.

I believe If you have 2 IG accounts one is Ferrari F1 and the other is Lewis Hamilton etc..

the Ferrari page can be “controlled” by Ferrari rules but on you personal page…no Ferrari “stuff” do what ever you want how you want.

Its not censoring via government it’s criteria put forth by their employer, very different.

Do something on “company time” and there are rules to abide by.

After work, take off your jersey and scream to the moon.

Don’t like it go drive for another series, no one forced you to drive F1 cars.

I believe If you have 2 IG accounts one is Ferrari F1 and the other is Lewis Hamilton etc..

the Ferrari page can be “controlled” by Ferrari rules but on you personal page…no Ferrari “stuff” do what ever you want how you want.
This. I can’t give any less of a fuck what some sportsball driver has to say about broader social issues. Give me the song and dance about how you triumphed/lost then give the mic to someone else, monkey.

I tend to think this is a good thing. If you want to get into politics, go into politics. I have no issues with people thanking the GOD of their choice for their success but beyond that, there are plenty of seminaries where they could get their preaching degree. (While i prefer they would want to thank the same GOD I thank, I would not complain if other’s were chosen)

This is about sport. And sports depend mostly on two sources of income, sponsors and the people who buy the tickets and more importantly the sponsors products. Why would any company that depends on a fan base that is multi denominational and multi-political to have an “employee” making large portions of the buying public MAD!

Hence, if you are a performer/employee, pretty much dependent on the fans for Your Income…you really should keep your Shut! (and do your job)

ONE WAY OR ANOTHER WE WILL MAKE IT FIT......

Pete Arundell was a very quick Lotus driver of the early 1960s. Colin Chapman was quite happy to spread the Team Lotus name by allowing certain driver/owners to use the name, and Arundell was one of them.

He went on to be a team mate to Jim Clark in the Lotus 25s, as well as a quick driver of works Lotus Cortinas.

In 1964, while racing in Formula Two at Reims-Gueux, he had a spin and was hit at high speed by Richie Ginther; Arundell was thrown from the car in the impact, which resulted in him missing most of the 1965 season. Lotus boss Colin Chapman saved his place in the team for 1966, with Arundell finishing third on his comeback in the non-championship South African Grand Prix at East London on 1 January 1966. He retired from Formula One aqt the end of '66, having started only 11 races.

He retired from racing altogether in 1969, and later moved to Florida, where he set up a software company.

A8AF23CC-6B24-4D8B-8EDB-3C4DE6B86278.jpeg

Very cool to see Alonso back in the fight. There's no doubt he can drive, he just needs a decent car under him.
It was awesome to see. I use HAAS machines for a living, and my hometown has their HQ, so I have a soft for them. But, I level my expectations.

I’m a Ferrari fan, and they always depress me.

All I can say is thank God for Alonso. If not for him that race would have sucked. Hopefully he is fighting for podiums the rest of the season. Red Bull was gone and never looked back. I feel for Leclerc as it seems to be a repeat of last year for him. The biggest let down is how McLaren looked.