• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any F1 racing fans?

US_WINTER-FIGAPPLE-250ml_ambient_001_PCS.png

No doubt RBR was firing on all cylinders; but, I'll wait until a few races in to see how "real" the dominance is. I have to believe Ferrari will be there which is fine. But I'm kind of liking the RB 19 vs RB 18-G (G for green). Not a huge Alonso fan, but am a fan of an old guy still competed. Not a Ferrari fan as everybody knows, and to me, these issues are golden because seriously Mattia was not THE problem and they fired him blaming him for what ultimately is a culture problem with Fiat.

Best of all, Merc sucks!! I that has me happy. If somehow they miraculously come up with a competitive aero package that looks like RB19, RB18-G, Ferrari then THEY have cheated and cheated in the real way...not some stupid cost overrun due to taxation on non-technical items like food, hotels, and hospitality (my understanding of the RB 2million overrun).

Finally, if Checo really thinks he's up to Max level, they need to drug test him and get Danny Ric up to snuff in the simulator or just promote DeVries (who got screwed by his team on the VSC). While that RB19 was in good form, there is no doubt that Max is on a different level.

I really enjoyed the race. Watching Mercedes fall back even further even though they knew the car wasn't that fast with their current design. Ferrari is going to Ferrari. The only thing that has changed from last year is that AMR brought a hybrid of the Mercedes/Redbull to the track.

Ferrari is my team buy I was happy to see Logan Sargeant do as well as he did in his first race. He'll be my secondary root during the race.

I was pleased to see Merc struggle. I can't stand either driver on a "personal" level. I think having other teams beat them out is going to drive a lot of drivers confidence up and hopefully in turn makes the racing a bit more interesting.

Happy to some variance in the podium for sure, but Max just flat dominated that race. Looks a lot like Lewis /Merc from a few years back…makes it kind of boring actually; at least for the lead.

Nice to see some competition in the midfield though.

I’m excited about this season, Race 1 was a good start but shit for Ferrari; I think having Alonso in a competitive Aston is going to put pressure on RB & Ferrari, Merc too but they’re slow so far. All around it should make for exciting season!

My son calls George Russel, Woody from toy story because he says they look a like.

View attachment 8091247
I've become less and less of a fan of Georgi Porgi since his non-stop Toto Wolf brainwashing began. The other fun will be to see that Mick is still going to suck as a driver if he has an opportunity to do so much as some FP1. That said, so long as he beats Crybaby, I'll be rooting for him on that basis.

The media for several months has been harping about what the season would be like without Max. I think F1 thought the viewer numbers would be higher without RB dominance. They did not seem to care when Mercedes dominated for years, go figure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shooter McGavin
The media for several months has been harping about what the season would be like without Max. I think F1 thought the viewer numbers would be higher without RB dominance. They did not seam to care when Mercedes dominated for years, go figure.
Isn't F1 media almost entirely UK ran? They would fight to the death at a chance to smell Hamiltons sweaty race suit.

• Haha
Reactions: ShtrRdy
Yes. I don't understand what happened there.
Nothing set in stone… but some talk about them getting cough with a “to flexible” under panel (higher ground effect) Same sources stated that’s why Aston Martin dropped back some time ago.

The flexiwing theory died when Max won the next 2 races. Even RBR months leading into the Singapore race said it was their biggest challenge of the year. They also had the worst timing for the safety car during that race which didn't help them .

Reactions: ShtrRdy
I didn’t mention wings at all, that’s another story. They are back because they have Adrian Newey…
We will never know why, maybe they lost one on purpose?
Doesn’t matter anymore anyway, all over now.
Let’s see what happens next year.

I didn’t mention wings at all, that’s another story. They are back because they have Adrian Newey…
We will never know why, maybe they lost one on purpose?
Doesn’t matter anymore anyway, all over now.
Let’s see what happens next year.

Apparently with the way the Singapore track is designed, Redbull had to raise their chassis' for that particular track. And because of that, EVERYTHING is off. The car is designed to work as one, not as a collection of individual parts. So a dramatic change like having to raise the entire car throws off the entire system.

Redbull knew going into the race that it wasn't going to be their race. With how their car is designed, it just doesn't work with that track setup.

Now that they are back to normal ride height, they are back to dominant form.

I must say though, it's been really exciting to see Mclaren progress through the season. Norris and Piastri are two strong drivers, and they finally have a car to match.

I must say though, it's been really exciting to see Mclaren progress through the season. Norris and Piastri are two strong drivers, and they finally have a car to match.
All that fuss everyone made about signing Piastri is making sense now. A sprint win this early in his career is impressive. If McLaren keeps improving next season might look a little different.

Reactions: kthomas
Apparently with the way the Singapore track is designed, Redbull had to raise their chassis' for that particular track. And because of that, EVERYTHING is off. The car is designed to work as one, not as a collection of individual parts. So a dramatic change like having to raise the entire car throws off the entire system.

Redbull knew going into the race that it wasn't going to be their race. With how their car is designed, it just doesn't work with that track setup.

Now that they are back to normal ride height, they are back to dominant form.

Well, that’s your theory…. F1 is way to complex to have a definite answer, all we have is our opinion and what they choose to tell us.

Well, that’s your theory…. F1 is way to complex to have a definite answer, all we have is our opinion and what they choose to tell us.
What would be your guess?

The whole Piastri thing was just fucked up last year. You have a team basically grooming him and supporting him throughout his career then all to have him turn his back on them to go with another team. No loyalties whatsoever. There is just something about him I can't stand.

I'm not really sure it's just a "theory":

But to cope with the bumpy Singapore street circuit, the first sector of which was laid with new asphalt, and its tall kerbs, the cars had to be raised. It is understood that compensating for these extremes lifted the RB19s out of its wide operating window.

The cars have to be raised because of the kerbs on that particular track. Without raising the car, you risk wearing out the plank on the underside of the chassis' and having an FIA non-compliant car. And raising the car creates a lot of interesting issues with things like the aero.

Max was also lifting in the middle of Eau Rouge as well this year so he wouldn't bottom out and wear out the plank.

Pretty good channel to watch as this guy will get real technical about F1 as he was a performance engineer at RBR.

Reactions: brianf and kthomas
It can only be $$ or he believed at the time that McLaren is the better choice… (proven now) or both? Loyalty in F1 stopped a long time ago with Bernie, we just seeing a glimpse of it one’s in a wile like the relationships between Christian, Adrian, Max and the rest of the team.
I just wish the Mexican would do better…

The icing on the cake in the last race was for me when the ass with the 🌈 helmet ran in his teammate….. and then in his typical style blame’s the other… priceless 😆🤣

Reactions: Rthur
So anybody going to Austin? I went to the Music City 400 and happened to hit it off with one of the Haas higher ups (Iknow... I know) and told her that NASCAR was cool and all but F1 was my thing and a GP was bucket list item. She told me to e-mail her and she would see what she could do. Fast forward and me and a buddy are headed to COTA. I'm pretty stoked and it's all on their dime (I mean I my company has bought a shit ton of Haas CNCs ). If anyone is gonna be there I'll buy you a beer. Seriously... "A" beer. Pretty sure they're gonna be like $120.00! :LOL:

The US and Mexico races are too expensive to go to now. I usually get in through Aramco. My friends wife works there and they would get a email the week of the race saying they have extra tickets if anyone wanted to go. Nothing special, just grandstand seats and parking passes. But it surely beats the hell out of taking the shuttle to the race. I have gotten several VIP passes through Michelin before for WEC. You are in a suite above the pitlane, all the food and drink is free, goodie bags with bottles of Patron inside, pitwalk and take a guided tour of COTA when the race is going on. By far the coolest thing is when the Corvette racing team were showing their car and let the fans sit in their race car right before the race. Not a replica race car, but the actual car that is about to go race.

Austin is a much cheaper ticket than Miami or Vegas.

391639715_10119121040343808_7964242192208910784_n.jpg

Vegas prep is coming along, got to drive on part of the circuit Wednesday, that asphalt is NICE and I can think of a few track around the US that could use a similar repave.

Reactions: nikonNUT
The US and Mexico races are too expensive to go to now. I usually get in through Aramco. My friends wife works there and they would get a email the week of the race saying they have extra tickets if anyone wanted to go. Nothing special, just grandstand seats and parking passes. But it surely beats the hell out of taking the shuttle to the race. I have gotten several VIP passes through Michelin before for WEC. You are in a suite above the pitlane, all the food and drink is free, goodie bags with bottles of Patron inside, pitwalk and take a guided tour of COTA when the race is going on. By far the coolest thing is when the Corvette racing team were showing their car and let the fans sit in their race car right before the race. Not a replica race car, but the actual car that is about to go race.
Brenda and I were thrilled that Formula one might be coming as close as Austin. Then we saw the prices, then Mercedes began its little reign of terror, where they got the engine specs right and everyone else was stuck with what they had which was not “so” right and could not update due to rules.

Then we saw the prices. Then we saw the prices. Did I mention that “then we saw the prices?”

At Indianapolis, we could drive our Corvette (now we would drive the Miata) to the race. Spend the time at a nice Bed and Breakfast. Leave the Corvette at a couples home offering parking at their home (they always kept the Corvette in their yard, close to their home so it would be safe) Get tickets right in front of the pits for the race. Have tickets for all four days, get a nice barbecue after the race at the couple who kept the Corvette for us…all for little more than what three day tickets and parking passes would cost at Austin.

Now, just watch it on TV and put the thousands it would cost into sails for Anna Eleise and bullets for the Precision rifles.

I can’t remember the page but a F1 guy I follow is putting together a series on actually driving a “winged” race car upside down..not just a loop

Several parts so far about how oil s a aging etc is a issue. Pretty cool stuff for tech heads

Brenda and I were thrilled that Formula one might be coming as close as Austin. Then we saw the prices, then Mercedes began its little reign of terror, where they got the engine specs right and everyone else was stuck with what they had which was not “so” right and could not update due to rules.

Then we saw the prices. Then we saw the prices. Did I mention that “then we saw the prices?”

At Indianapolis, we could drive our Corvette (now we would drive the Miata) to the race. Spend the time at a nice Bed and Breakfast. Leave the Corvette at a couples home offering parking at their home (they always kept the Corvette in their yard, close to their home so it would be safe) Get tickets right in front of the pits for the race. Have tickets for all four days, get a nice barbecue after the race at the couple who kept the Corvette for us…all for little more than what three day tickets and parking passes would cost at Austin.

Now, just watch it on TV and put the thousands it would cost into sails for Anna Eleise and bullets for the Precision rifles.
You made the right decision, it’s nicer to watch on tv anyway. Sky f1 or f1 app have better coverage than ever. Including interviews and technical talk / shows.

Last time I looked at the USGP prices were 400+ for grandstand seats on turn 19, GA was 300+. For a race that is less than 2 hours, it's just not worth it. Plus you will be battling traffic in and out longer than the actual race itself. Checked the Mexico GP pricing and for the whole weekend, hotel, flight and race tickets were 5k+. I was planning on going to the Japanese GP if it was going to cost me that much, but next years race just so happen to be the day before the Solar Eclipse in the US and I will not miss that event.

Last time I looked at the USGP prices were 400+ for grandstand seats on turn 19, GA was 300+. For a race that is less than 2 hours, it's just not worth it. Plus you will be battling traffic in and out longer than the actual race itself. Checked the Mexico GP pricing and for the whole weekend, hotel, flight and race tickets were 5k+. I was planning on going to the Japanese GP if it was going to cost me that much, but next years race just so happen to be the day before the Solar Eclipse in the US and I will not miss that event.

F1 prices have gotten absolutely absurd.

I went to Austin in 2017, and prices were pretty cheap back then.

I would never go today, with how expensive they've become.

F1 prices have gotten absolutely absurd.

I went to Austin in 2017, and prices were pretty cheap back then.

I would never go today, with how expensive they've become.
Hence the only reason I am going is because HAAS is paying for it right down to $300.00 for gas. The damn room is $900.00/night. There is NO way I would do it on my dime but if they want me to be a part of Team HAAS I'm down. BTW, my boss is going to the Vegas GP on their dime too. I figure the inaugural event will be a cluster fuck so I'm happy with the tested and true COTA race.

ETA: Was 2017 the year it rained buckets so Bernie opened the pits to the fans and made the teams stay for an impromptu meet and greet? That would have been cool!

Hence the only reason I am going is because HAAS is paying for it right down to $300.00 for gas. The damn room is $900.00/night. There is NO way I would do it on my dime but if they want me to be a part of Team HAAS I'm down. BTW, my boss is going to the Vegas GP on their dime too.

Oh yeah, that will be a cool experience! Would be stupid for you not to go.

So anybody going to Austin? I went to the Music City 400 and happened to hit it off with one of the Haas higher ups (Iknow... I know) and told her that NASCAR was cool and all but F1 was my thing and a GP was bucket list item. She told me to e-mail her and she would see what she could do. Fast forward and me and a buddy are headed to COTA. I'm pretty stoked and it's all on their dime (I mean I my company has bought a shit ton of Haas CNCs ). If anyone is gonna be there I'll buy you a beer. Seriously... "A" beer. Pretty sure they're gonna be like $120.00! :LOL:
Fuuuuuck lucky! My son's been begging me to go to a race for a couple of years now but at almost $1k for the tickets alone, I just can't do it. We're only an hour away from Austin. We went to the practice Friday last year and had a blast.

great race were pit/tire strategy had a big part of the outcome. Hamilton needed a couple of extra laps. Max was not happy with his brakes. LOL