• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any F1 racing fans?

I love F1. Been a fan since the mid 90's. Current favorite driver is Kimi. I'll always be a Ferrari fan. I started watching F1 the same year Schummi joined Ferrari. For whatever reason I instantly became a Schummi fan and a Ferrari fan. Have been ever since.

Huge F1 fan. Watch every single race.

I’m a Merc fan and a Maclaren fan foremost. Constructors are first in my eyes; the drivers are second.

As far as drivers go, I used to really like Lewis Hamilton until he got all weird. He has become more of a distraction with his fashion model antics and vegan bull crap. No denying his natural talent, though. I really like Charles Leclerc and Max Verstappen. My only gripe about Verstappen is he whines a lot, but there is no denying his ability as a driver.

I found myself really pulling for Lando and Danny Ric this year, but they are in middle of the pack cars.

Can’t wait for next season.

I enjoy F1, got into it when the wife took me to the Austin F1 race a few years ago. Hamilton has insane talent, but the wife and I really enjoy seeing Verstappen on Redbull drive well.

What drives me nuts about F1 is that there is such huge disparity in the performance of the cars. Any team that isn't Mercedes, Ferrari or Redbull doesn't have a chance at the podium. It's very apparent when you watch the races and see the huge performance difference in the cars.

I must admit I prefer sports where the biggest differentiator is the athletes skill, not the equipment. The teams generally place by how much money they spent on developing their cars, what's the fun in that?

I enjoy F1, got into it when the wife took me to the Austin F1 race a few years ago. Hamilton has insane talent, but the wife and I really enjoy seeing Verstappen on Redbull drive well.

What drives me nuts about F1 is that there is such huge disparity in the performance of the cars. Any team that isn't Mercedes, Ferrari or Redbull doesn't have a chance at the podium. It's very apparent when you watch the races and see the huge performance difference in the cars.

I must admit I prefer sports where the biggest differentiator is the athletes skill, not the equipment. The teams generally place by how much money they spent on developing their cars, what's the fun in that?
Very true. Hopefully 2021 will bring some good changes.

Been rooting for Seb but he seems to be struggling ever since the FIA did away with blown exhaust. I was a Nico fan until he retired and now I'm just waiting for Mick Schumacher to come up in 2021 and follow in his fathers footsteps!

Been rooting for Seb but he seems to be struggling ever since the FIA did away with blown exhaust. I was a Nico fan until he retired and now I'm just waiting for Mick Schumacher to come up in 2021 and follow in his fathers footsteps!
Like watching Max. It’s never a dull moment with him. I think Lando should have gotten rookie.

I got to meet Lewis H twice in the last year. I wasn’t really a fan of his but have completely changed my mind. The guy is an absolute beast of a workaholic. His dedication, passion and technical knowledge is incredible. You need to be on a different level to be a top driver but you can see what sets him aside. I don’t think he has any formal engineering background but his knowledge is truly exceptional.

He’s madly passionate about the sport, wants to race everyone on equal terms. He really does come over as a racer who wants parity in the sport and has huge respect for many other drivers even in private. When other drivers are taking a break, he’s at the factory working and helping his team move forward.

I used to talk about the unfair advantage a particular car has over a rival and to some extent that is true but when you listen to what he does for the team/car that others don’t do you realise he helped make Mercedes better. Parity is all nice and good but if one driver puts more into his work than the next off the track then you will never really have parity.

His emphasis on the team, on teamwork and focus on constant improvement is truly admirable. He could sit lazy at the top of the sport given his natural talent and the car he drives but once you spend an hour or two with him you’ll realise exactly why he got to where he is and why he stays there. And, you can tell never forgets where he came from. Definitely changed my mind and I have a lot more respect for him and his level of professionalism.

Been watching f1 since I was a kid in the 80’s.
Real f1 vanished just about when Schumacher retired from Ferrari.

FIA implemented
Rev limiters
Budgets
Limits on computer testing hours
Stupid token system for upgrades through season
Minimum weight went up (cars got heavier)
Stopped refueling
Changed qualifying, used to be flat out lap and you had no idea how much fuel they had on board

Preseason is all that counts now, the rest of the season is to see who comes in second
There isnt a way to really change or improve the car if your design isn’t perfect from the start with all the new regs.

All that aside I bleed Ferrari red, and watch all I can get.

FIA implemented
Rev limiters
Budgets
Stopped refueling
Changed qualifying, used to be flat out lap and you had no idea how much fuel they had on board

Preseason is all that counts now, the rest of the season is to see who comes in second
There isnt a way to really change or improve the car if your design isn’t perfect from the start with all the new regs.

This was my first year watching. Got hooked by watching a Netflix documentary on F1. Can’t wait for the new one to show in January.

This was my first year watching. Got hooked by watching a Netflix documentary on F1. Can’t wait for the new one to show in January.

Search for Schumacher qualifying at Monaco in the 02 or 05 Ferrari v-10...ridiculous

Also read about fangio and tazio nuvolari

Tazio drove with his lights off at night during a 1000km race because he knew he could catch the guy in the lead...”he was weak and I knew he’d slow down at night”

Reactions: camotoe

FIA implemented
Rev limiters
Budgets
Stopped refueling

It’s happening everywhere, man. Liberalization of motor sports. Fuel flow limits in F1, penalties in Formula E for using to much current, etc. Hell, NHRA docks points for blowing a motor and oiling down the track. What happened to run whatcha brung, and hope you brought enough?

The f1 youtube channel does a pretty good job of highlights from what i have found normally hit it on break at work unless there is some extra drama then normally locate that as well

Dont really have the time to catch full races but since the netflix doc i make sure to catch the race highlights on YouTube weekly

Many of the races come on at weird times for pretty much everyone not in Europe. The best way to watch them (for me at least) is on the ESPN app. I watch the entire races on my iPad when I get home from church on Sundays.

they usually have the last 3 or 4 races on there.

I am all in with F1 and have been since middle school when Schumacher was with Benneton.

Who wants to hear a wild story!?

I live in Denver and was out in the Highlands (hip area just north of the city) at a place called Avanti which has a couple bars and multiple food concepts. Thursday afternoon, early happy hour, with some co-workers. This is early June, two weeks after the Monaco Grand Prix (Ricciardo won) and just after the Canadian (Vettel won), during the two week break before they head back to Europe. I am walking out of the place and suddenly my jaw drops to the floor when I see this guy, in a bar, in Denver, CO, in the middle of the F1 season, a week and a half after winning the Monaco Grand Prix:
IMG_0431.jpg

Apparently he and a friend had some in for a concert at Red Rocks and a few days off before heading back to France. Super nice guy, offered to buy him a beer in my shoe but he politely declined. Not surprisingly he said that I was one of a handful of people that had recognized him during the whole trip, lame Americans not watching F1...

Hes a stud! I hope he gets back into a seat in a more competitive car. Maybe when Hamilton moves to Ferrari, he will end up with Mercedes. It's fun to dream

Reactions: Colorado S14
I just noticed in the picture of Riccardo that he looks like hes wearing a tshirt he found in a garbage can. Then noticed that the tshirt Hamilton is wearing is even worse. I wish I was a multimillionaire so I could dress like a bum too.

Reactions: nikonNUT
I watch every race. I started watching in high school when my chemistry / physics teacher was a big fan lol that was back in when it was Mika was winning. A few years in the army made it impossible to follow lol TV in Iraq and Afghanistan fire bases is an oddity lol Started watching it again in 2012 that was a good year to start watching it again lol Have not missed a race sense then.

As for who I cheer for... It is more who I don't like to win... I cant put my finger on why but Seb just rubs me the wrong way lol and so did Nico Rosberg

Been a motor sports fan and racer my whole life. Just got into F1 racing a few years ago and I love it. Ive been drag racing since my teen years.

Reactions: pilotjoe
I'm a Ferrari fan. I went to school for automotive engineering and have worked for BMW and Jaguar. I don't work in the field anymore but I still love all racing.

I like all forms of motorsports. I even watch lawnmower races. But sadly all of them have given into corporate greed. I understand F1 is all about the latest and greatest, but wish they at least would run v-8's. They are in the same boat as nascar to me. There is no difference between the cars, just the amount of money the team has. NHRA has also been bitten by the same bug. The switch to 1000" makes the end of the sport.the safety factor was with the tracks that were built when 200 mph was top fuel territory, not 350mph. Pro stock is dead. The cookie cutter cars are no fun to watch. The only entertaining class is Pro mod.
I do still enjoy rallycross. They need to bring back an open class like class B.

Oh for the good ol'days

I'm a big drag racer so yes the NHRA has totally given into corporate greed and big money. back in the day we used to do chassis and suspensions in the garage and were able to race and go fast. Now if your daddy or Mommy wasn't a big-time racer in the Golden age you don't have a chance at breaking in. I race with super car races stock appearing drags. It's amazing what we can do on 70 red line tires and get down into the high nines.

Reactions: Lesch
I have a 68 Plymouth GTX 440 4 speed, and a 68 Hemi roadrunner 4 speed both original cars, and yes I race them.

I waned for a few years but have been watching steadily again since about 2014 or 2015.

Favorite all time driver: no question here for me - Alain Prost.

Current favorite by a long shot. Max Verstappen. I don’t get all the whining. I think it came from the Ocon incident more than anything. If Max had Louis’ car or more appropriately Bottas’s car I think no question Max would be 2x world champ by now. Not by much but he’s quicker than Hamilton. He just doesn’t have the car.

Reactions: pilotjoe
I'm so bummed they canceled the Australian Grand Prix. Not surprised but bummed... I was stoked for the start of the season!

Me too. Sebring and St Pete Grand Prix also cancelled. Racing is life. (Name that movie).

Yep.
When I saw that McLaren pulled out a few days ago I knew it was only a matter of time.

What sucks is they cancelled it, not postponed it.
If this goes on for, say.....2 months, we could literally lose 6 races on the calendar.

Used to watch F1 some years ago. Became boring the past few years, there is so little passing. For me, endurance racing is where it's at. The races are highly competitive from start to finish, esp. in the GTE classes. They race on many of Europe's most famous tracks as well plus a few here in the States.

I’d agree endurance racing (IMSA, LeMans) is where the best racing is. Though I think actually since Max and especially now his nemesis LeClerc have been racing F1 is better than the pre-Schumacher days

I actually can't stand Verstappen. I think he's a little pissant, no matter how great his talent level. But, you are correct, WEC and IMSA are where it's at.

Reactions: Blaster7Romeo
It's an interesting young group of drivers coming up between Verstappen, LeClerc, Albon, Russell. I'm interested to see if Gasly can ever make a comeback from that emotional beating that was his stint with Red Bull. They showed him absolutely no mercy. Giovinazzi...eh.