• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any FN 30-11 Sniper Owners

AGG

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2007
Anyone here have an FN 30-11 Sniper's Rifle???
I suppose 1976-1986 would be vintage.

Tony

Just curious as to fellow owners!!!
Are they both GSI imports, or other?
5-round fixed, or 10-round detachable?
What did your two rifles come with?
Had three myself (sold one to a friend) but still have two, as well.

Tony

I believe both are GSI, One is fixed and one is detachable.

Both have the smaller straight tube scope, front sight block, M240 flash suppressor, stepped cheek spacer and the FAL butt spacers.

One had the iron sights too.

Did yours come with a hard case (brown or green), bipod, sling or manual???

Tony

The detach had a Brown case, M240 type bipod, no sling or manual, the guys at FN have been promising me a manual for 8 years.

My scoped package has the brown case, while the Anchutz sights package has the green case!!!

Tony

Attachments

• FN 30-11.jpg
    FN 30-11.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
They were sold in Germany in the 90s, they came with normal scope and ring mount or stanag mount and a small scope like on the pics above.
Parts of the rifle came with add Anschuetz diopters and handstops.
All of them came with a FN-MAG flash hider and bipod and to 10 rounds shortened FN-FAL magazines.

Although the rifle will "accept" the factory (rare), 10-round FAL magazine, the proper 10-round magazine will have a raised sideplate on one side and marked "SN"!!!

Tony

You can get those correct 10 rds magazine on the German gun auction platform "eGun.de" on a regular basis for a normal price.
Search under "FN Sniper"!

Thank you very much for the heads up--- no magazines, but an FN 30-11 (5-round fixed) for sale!!!

Tony

Take a fast look from time to time, they are always show up there.
A friend of mine (without PC) want one for his FN Sniper set, so I bought a few for him a year ago!

Thank you very much--- desktopped--- will check back periodically!!!

Tony

Thank you very much--- I have been checking and saw that!!!
The 10-round, factory magazine is rare--- that one appears original (i.e., 4 reinforcement tabs on bottom vs. 2 tabs on the 20-round magazines).
However, I have no payment method to use (dislike PayPal), and I am in the U.S.

Tony

Factory scope mount on eGun, if anyone needs one!!!

Tony

That is absolutely gorgeous!!!
Is that the 5-round fixed version?
Are you in the U.S.?
PM to you.

Tony

K,

Will check on the manual for you!!!

Tony

K,

I have not been able to locate the manual yet!!!

There is currently a proper magazine on eGun--- wish I could acquire it.

Tony

Thanks

I have 5 rnd fixed, would love to have a mag, but that would mean a trigger assembly and I am not sure I could find the parts I need to do it

If anyone needs any information (or wants to provide any information on SN's for rifles/scopes), please let me know!!!

Tony

Hi Tony, I have one I purchased in Switzerland here in New Zealand, dbm, nice, bore like new, timber well used !...keen on info about the rifle. Will get the serial for you tomorrow after work

Also, it doest look like it would take much modification to make an l1a1 20 rnd mag fit ;-)

fas,

Thanks for your time and information!!!
I presume your rifle is a Second Generation, detachable, magazine model.
The metric magazines (FAL) work fine--- don't spend the time modifying inch magazines (L1A1) .

Tony

fas,

Thanks for your time and information!!!
I presume your rifle is a Second Generation, detachable, magazine model.
The metric magazines (FAL) work fine--- don't spend the time modifying inch magazines (L1A1) .

Tony

Hi,
Serial is 1252.2

Attachments

• IMG_0486.jpg
    IMG_0486.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 77
fas,

Gorgeous rifle and setup!!!
What scope is that?

Thanks for the SN, but it is a little confusing.
Could you email me pics of all markings?

I will be glad to email you back with all of the information that I have.

Tony

it took a while, but here are some photos.

Attachments

• IMG_0528.jpg
    IMG_0528.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0527.jpg
    IMG_0527.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0526.jpg
    IMG_0526.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0525.jpg
    IMG_0525.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0524.jpg
    IMG_0524.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 91
cont

Attachments

• IMG_0519.jpg
    IMG_0519.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0520.jpg
    IMG_0520.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 53
Thanks for the great pics--- gorgeous rifle and setup!!!

Tony

I was trying to decipher your markings:

762. = caliber
Star D/S = Belgian Inspectors (Marchal Rene/Jawze Daniel)/(Luyten Martin)
J = ?
K = 1993? (production ceased 1986)
Crown/circle PV = smokless powder proof for rifles since 1968

Tony

Thanks, any idea why the manufacture date makes no sense??

Also, don't know if you can see in the photo's but the scope is marked 1951. Maybe that is not a manufacture date?

Andy

Andy,

I believe that is a 1951-model scope, but do not hold me to that, as I am not very familiar with that manufacturer!!!
The Belgian date codes that I am familiar with have K (underlined) as 1993--- production supposedly ceased in 1986.
However, I have never seen a SN such as that.

Tony

Three (3) FN 30-11's currently for sale on eGunDE!!!

Tony

FN 30-11 currently for sale on eGuns!!!

Tony

Anyone needing a factory bipod (and miscellaneous accessories), these are for sale on eGun.DE!!!

Tony

Three (3) rifles for sale currently on eGun!!!

Tony

Another FN 30-11 for sale on eGun!!!

Tony

Please specify on the barrel dimension specs!!!

Tony

Please specify on the barrel dimension specs!!!

Tony

Trying to build a clone and need the contour of the barrel. Length from receiver ring to base of muzzle brake and outside diameter at several places along the barrel would help me get close. Is it tapered or straight contour? Also a close up of how the bipod attaches to the rail would really help me out, and pics of the bipod head.

Last edited:
Yet another FN 30-11 (black composite stock?) for sale on eGun!!!

Tony

Hello, new user from uk. I've got an FN 30-11 which I will be using for stalking (deer hunting).

If anyone would would be willing to scan and send a copy of a manual, for this rifle, it would be really usful.

These rifles are not at all common here, and pretty rare on you side of the pond too I know.

My rifle came as a bare rifle with no scope/sights, bipod case or sling....or flash eliminator for that matter. Its a hefty lump for a hunting rifle but I don't mind lugging it about. I like the heavy stubby barrel and, though I would love to shoot over longer ranges, my local target clubs max range is 500yrds...so its not an issue.

It was comparitivly cheep compaired to other magazine fed bolt actions in 7.62mm. I feel comfortable with a feild maintainable idiot resistant weapon in any case.

Would be grate to get a responce, all the best from blighty.

Appologies, now I've bothered to read the full thread....Hello to the German and NZ contributors...had it in my head that this was a US-sentric forum.

I have a spare original FN 30-11 stock should anyone be looking to convert to factory.

I too would like a copy of the manual.

Andy,

I believe that is a 1951-model scope, but do not hold me to that, as I am not very familiar with that manufacturer!!!
The Belgian date codes that I am familiar with have K (underlined) as 1993--- production supposedly ceased in 1986.
However, I have never seen a SN such as that.

Tony

maybe it was rebarreled with a barrel made in 1993??