• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Any gunsmiths low on work?

Marksman

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 4, 2008
Michigan
Last year I sent my Stiller Predator action and Krieger barrel off to be chambered and installed. Nothing too complicated. After the last 4 months of no contact from the smith, I finally got in touch with his wife who will be sending the parts back to me this week.

So here I am a year later, back at square one, with all the parts in hand. If anyone out there can install and chamber my barrel in 30-06, and possibly ceracoat the barreled action, let me know. I'm hoping I don't have to start over at the end of the line and look for another 6 months before this is completed.

Call chad over at long rifles inc. dude does incredible work

+1 Longrifles Inc.

Probably not low on work seeing how many GB remingtons he has done.
In any case doubt you will have to wait too long, from when you send your stuff in.

Last edited:
Also Mark at Short Action Customs.

He threaded my barrel and installed a brake in about 1 day.

I just had chad hang a barrel andcoat it to match the Stiller tac 300 , it took two weeks, pricing was also good as usual, second rifle I had built by him and his crew, it was actually less than two weeks on the first one, door to door.

+1 on Chad. Also, Phoenix Custom Rifles does great work with a quick turn-around. Give Keith or Brad a call and check with them. I bet you'd be happy.

Any gunsmiths low on work?

SAC also a great place. Brother had a tikka built. Didn't take long either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Go with Chad, he has done several similar deals for me, you won't regret it;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Long Rifles is a great choice. I had him build me one and asked to watch as I was an aspiring gunsmith. I was expecting a no or yeah maybe in 6 months. Instead he said, "Be here Friday". Which was in 2 days. He has top notch facilities and does great work. His turnaround time runs UPS ragged. You won't be disappointed.

I'd be interested to find out who your gunsmith is, could you PM me if you get a chance.. I'm just wondering if it's the same guy I dropped all my parts off too 6 months ago, with little to no communication from him.

All are great options, but I'll throw out Joe Collier. He's local to me, learned with Robert Gradous, and builds ridiculously accurate rifles. Plus his turn around was very quick for a full build!

Same rule applies for ANYTHING customer related. Contacting the builder, quick reponse, and no BS. All listed above will serve you well. In this indutry nowadays with a new builder surfacing every week, customer service IS what separates the good from the bad. Simple