• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any inputs on the J. Allen stock for the Rem 700?

chapy4650

Private
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2010
Im about to start a custom 308 Remington 700 build and ive been looking into precision stocks, the J. Allen really has caught my eye. Does anyone have any inputs on this stock? or perhaps a recommendation for a different stock? Any help is appreciated

Re: Any inputs on the J. Allen stock for the Rem 700?

That J.Allen rang a bell....I thought he was a common user on LongRangeHunting.com a few years ago...might still be. His stocks are simmilar to Joel Russo's?

Or am I completly off!

Either way the first step to picking the stock you want for you is: You tell us what you want to do with the rifle: Tactical Matches, F-class...benchrest?

Snipers Hide Google Search
Use this search and look for:

McMillan
Manners
HS Precision
AICS
McCree

those should help you pick what you want the stock to look like....then pick a shooting style.

It's not out yet. Last I heard, it was going to be the fall until they are finally ready.... but then again, people who have been waiting on them have heard that song and dance before.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Vaporware. </div></div>

+1

Questions about this stock have come up a lot lately. The short answer is that they have been "coming soon" for a looooooooong damn time now with no signs that they will be available anytime soon.

My advice to you is look elsewhere...AI (chassis system), McMillan, Manners, the list goes on for a long while.

Okay, well you're probably going to hate it as a hunting gun.

The gun all loaded up with optic will probably be 16-19 pounds. I've seen some of the M14 stocks from them all loaded get to about 19 lbs before.

yeah i just contacted them today and Lisa over there said that they wont even be available till Jan/Feb of next year and then when they get released they're bumping the already ridiculous price up even more...ill probably just go with a McMillan

McMillan, Manners, and Bell & Carlson are good resaonably priced stocks for a wide multitude of uses.

The chassis systems can get a little on the heavy side for what you're looking for, but are still a viable and worthy option.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chapy4650</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yeah i just contacted them today and Lisa over there said that they wont even be available till Jan/Feb of next year and then when they get released they're bumping the already ridiculous price up even more...ill probably just go with a McMillan </div></div>
that date has been moving for a couple of years now. The last I talked to Lisa it was going to fall 2010 and now it is 2011. I wouldn't wait on it if I were doing a build - Manners, McMillan or AICS is where I would go. Not to mention but the JAE M1A stock is one heavy bitch so I would only imagine the same would be of the REM 700 stock.

It's a stock, how hard is it to get someone to make it? There really isn't that much to a stock.

I dont think its all that special really. I handled it at SHOT show and I wasnt impressed. It weights a shit ton! They have been changing the date for years now. I doubt we will ever see it.

I would go Manners. Or McMillan as a 2nd choice.

couldn't wait for the jae, so i went with the mcree. i'm happy