• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any Interest shooting out to 3,000 yards in SW VA?

Col Kurtz

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 26, 2008
Tenneesse
A couple of friends and I have to opportunity to lease some property for shooting. We have shot there before out to 1,900 yards, and if we moved back we could get tp 3,000 yards. The lease however is going to be a fairly large sum. What we were wondering how many other people would be interested in having a place to shoot that far? The way the terrain lays, we can shoot from 500-1,200 then from 1,760 on out. This is located near Marion, VA. Let me know, and I'll keep everyone posted, as plans unfold. Thanks

Re: Any Interest shooting out to 3,000 yards in SW VA?

The Property is in Adwolf, VA shooting on a Christmas tree farm. We were not necessarily looking for partners, but at charging say $20 a day to come shoot, to help cover part of our cost; and wondering if anyone would be willing to pay to shoot.

Yes i would be interested,and i know 10 more shooters that would.

I think I misunderstood your post, anyway I might still be interested in shooting there some. Once you have an idea of when shooting would be allowed and a set dollar amount let me know.

Re: Any Interest shooting out to 3,000 yards in SW

I'm definitely in.

I have relatives in that area and my family could play with the relatives while I shoot.
smile.gif

Please let me know if this pans out

Thanks!

We do have plenty of steel, from 6" round plates at 500, to bells at 600-800, and plates at 1,000 on out. Generally we keep the targets about 1 MOA to keep things fun, yet challanging for most.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Col Kurtz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We do have plenty of steel, from 6" round plates at 500, to bells at 600-800, and plates at 1,000 on out. Generally we keep the targets about 1 MOA to keep things fun, yet challanging for most. </div></div>

Sweeeet!!! I'm about 5 hr. away but it will be worth the trip.. count me in.

I'm really hoping everything works out, for all of us; because we all know how hard it is to find somewhere in the East to shoot anywhere near that far.

Very interested would it be weekends only? Are there motels near by? Any chance for a camping area for a little more? I'm 6 hrs away but could easily make the trip with several other shooters but a 2 day would make it much more appealing.

There are a few hotels that are about 15 minutes away, and camping is plentiful including National Forest that borders the property.

Sorry, I about forgot, we shoot mostly on weekends as work keeps most of us busy, but there may be a posibility of some shooting during the week.

I'm only a couple hours from there (when CONUS), so I'm definitely interested. Tracking on this one...

I'm interested Col. Can probably bring another dozen. Would also give me that last bit of kick in the butt for a 338.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmg308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very interested would it be weekends only? Are there motels near by? Any chance for a camping area for a little more? I'm 6 hrs away but could easily make the trip with several other shooters but a 2 day would make it much more appealing. </div></div>

Agreed, I'm near you, and a two day every month or two would be great fun with a group! Carpool?
smile.gif

Col Kurtz , id be up for it and not far away at all, so any help needed just let me know , sounds like it would be a good idea

I would be in for this I live about 4 hrs away and would probably make a couple weekend trips before I deploy again.

So far it seams like there is plenty of interest. I'll keep everyone posted, and even in it doesn't work out, maybe some of us can still get together and do some shooting. I have a couple places to shoot, but only out to 1,440yard.

Tagged for further developments.

i've got steel target i cold donate to ya'll if need be.i could load it with my tractor and bring it down there if you can get this thing going.theres not alot of places to shoot that kind of distance where i'm at so i am all for it

Col Kurtz,

All in. Willing to assist you w/ range setup activities during the weekend. Looking for a place to shoot steel in the 1-1.5k yd range and meet other shooters. The camping option would be SaWeet! I know 1-3 PA/MD shooters who would def join in on the fun.

Pls PM me if you need any assistance.

I'm loving all of the interest in this project. I'll try and talk with the owner again and see if we can work out some more details, in a few days.

Bogger02, Thanks, but we have around 15 different steel targets already, and it seams like we all end up shooting just a few of them. You know, the whole he hit it, now I have to games. LOL

Hmmmm.....only a couple hours away.... Yeah, I'll make that trip and bring a couple with me. SR

You just let us (6-8) when to show up, we'll bring cash. Sooner than later hopefully.

I'll let you guys know as soon as I can. I still haven't got up with the owner of the property. Hopefully we can maake that happen soon. It's still a little on the cold side for a nice day of shooting anyway.

You know what they say, "A bad day of shooting is always better than a good day at work" Can't wait.

Mark

Anyone wanna shoot Today? this mornin? this is what happens when your bored

Man you guys are lucky. talking about shooting to 3000 yards.

I cant go past 300.

Sorry guys, I've been away for a few days. I'll try and find something out soon. The owner of the property is hard to get in touch with as it's just one of his business properties. I'll try to get some pics up really soon. Thanks.

DSCN0208.jpg
From the shooting bench.
DSCN0210.jpg
Zoomed in, the treeline is just over 1,900 yards.
DSCN0223.jpg
Looking back from the 1,900 target.
DSCN0225.jpg
This is from the far back shooting position. That is GPSed to around 3,000 yards.

Dennis - Hey man! Will do. Although not a 3000 yd'r, I'll bring my 308 and I'm putting together a 300WM, 1-10" #17 Krieger, A5, etc that should be good for 1500 anyway. See ya then. SR

Yeah, that'll work. SR

I grew up about a mile from where you took those photos. Living in Fairbanks AK now. That part of Virginia is a wonderful place to shoot, lots of hills, very safe. Hope to be able and stop in some time and shoot with you guys.

Very interested, keep the updates rolling. I am about 1:15 from Marion

Wow that sounds fun. I will be working on getting with some land owners out here in the Flint Hills of Kansas this early spring I found a spot were a man shoot well over 2500yds I am sure. If I pull it off I will let ya guys know if the owner is ok with it.