• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any Mc3 stock arrivals?

OK. Well has anyone else ordered one? I ordered one Nov 26 and my order status is "Processing" still.

Yes, ive gotten to handle these a bit for the rem 700 inlet. Solid construction. keep in mind these are injection molded stocks. the A5 setup is awesome, super solid. wouldnt mind building a few of these up for training, loaner rifles. You can definitely beat the hell out of those stocks and not worry about them.

One thing I noticed about the "tradition" aka Game Scout style hunting stock is the description says it weighs 4#. I think that almost has to be a typo. Nobody is going to want a 4 lb hunting stock; especially when you can buy a 2.5 lb Grayboe made from Fiberglass for the same money. I've been waiting for some reviews myself.

mc3 hunter.jpg
mc3 a5.jpg

Reactions: spife7980
Good to know. Looks like they need to update their site with more accurate weight descriptions for each model.

They look nice.

How is the fit? Barrel channel centered? Pillers correct? Do they have any flex?

I really wanted to like these but I'm less than impressed now. I have seen one in person and I guess it's ok for what it is.

However, the game scout production version already weighs 3 oz. more than a KRG Bravo, has no adj cheek piece, no bottom metal and costs almost as much.

I am a McMillan fanboy and nothing feels better to me than the A series grip. But after handling one of these I bought two KRG Bravos. Their ergos/ features just cannot be beat for the money.

All of that and the MC3 production versions just look weird to me. All of the prototype pictures I have seen for the last two years have looked exactly like a McMillan stock aside from the optional goofy cheek piece on the Legend.

The one I handled the quality seemed ok but I guess but guess I am just let down on what it turned out to be.

I'm still somewhat interested in one of these. No ETA on the DBM stocks i guess.. I've emailed a couple of times since Christmas, but they haven't responded.

I had one in the shop a week or so ago to be Cerakoted for display at SHOT this week. They look to be a nice stock, they are well made and very stiff/stout. No noticeable flex but it is noticeably heavier than an A3. We did this one in a Tiger Stripe pattern, if you are at SHOT it will be in the McMillan booth with a couple other stocks we did (an A3 and an A5).

Attachments

• E6ECF6DD-CDFF-4EF7-B119-B56774DC682E.jpeg
    E6ECF6DD-CDFF-4EF7-B119-B56774DC682E.jpeg
    609.2 KB · Views: 149
  • 05D6F925-436B-44CA-BCCB-9ED729476F21.jpeg
    05D6F925-436B-44CA-BCCB-9ED729476F21.jpeg
    601.3 KB · Views: 130
I'm still somewhat interested in one of these. No ETA on the DBM stocks i guess.. I've emailed a couple of times since Christmas, but they haven't responded.

We have a new guy in charge of the Mc3 line as of the first week of this month. His name is Kevin Dee. Try reaching him at [email protected]

I really want to have this stock, but after 3 months of waiting with no hope in sight, I'm ready to bail. I have sent an email to find out about a refund, and guess what... No response to that either. I'm not sure what to do now.

@22255blkout send me a pm with your contact info. I'll walk it over to Kevin in the morning and see if I can find out what's going on. Last I heard they were shipping the hunting stocks before the end of the month and the tactical stocks by mid-February. They aren't made in house which has caused some unforeseen delays in production times.

Ok, there is hope in sight! I've been in contact with Kevin at McMillan. They have the stocks and, hopefully next week they will have the cheek raisers, so....... Maybe next week they will be able to ship?? Big shout out to LH-Gina and Kevin for an update. Thanks guys.

Still having delays. Kevin told me maybe next week. They have the cheek raiser, but some of the hardware to attach if to the stock didn't arrive. Idk, because I thought the raiser attached between the but pad and stock?

I've never held a fiberglass McMillan so I can't give a "side by side" but... It feels like the "hard" factory type composite stock. I have an old Ruger zytel "boat paddle" stock and the feel is similar. I like the original sendro H S precision stock's "feel/texture" to the touch more. Definitely not as stiff as I imagined. I can feel flex when I load up the bipod. After a range day my options may change, but I think I should have save for a real McMillan.

Reactions: RFutch
Can you see if you can slide a dollar bill down the barrel channel while loading the bipod?

The barrel channel will definitely stay free of the barrel under the flex. My barrel is a sendero contour and without deliberate effort it stays clear.

Ok went to the range yesterday and I like it! Felt recoil is way less. And the A5 ergonomics are awesome. It's not what I expected to receive, but for the poor man's budget, it will make you happy. If I were needing a short action stock I think (for the money) I would go with a bergara HMR stock though.

Anyone else have any experience with the hunting version of these?

I just got a Grayboe Outlander and I’m not happy with it at all.

I picked up a non adjustable hunting mc3 off the prize table st a nrl match. I didn't realize it was a long action stock so I talked my dad into trying it out. He really likes it over the b&c that he had. Its feels very much like a my a3-5 but made out of hs material if that makes sense.

Reactions: rookie7
@RFutch what did you not like about the Grayboe Outlander?

Really poor finish mainly. Paint coverage not 100%, paint chipping out of the box, texture just felt like crap, little holes all over the finish. Returned it and bought another KRG bravo.

Reactions: rookie7