• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Any new compelling LPVOs coming in 2023?

JDB55

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2021
Tennessee
As the title says, I was just wondering if anyone more in the know then myself (and who is allowed to share anything) knows of any or is expecting any new compelling options in the LPVO field this coming year?
I'm thinking more $1k-$2.5k tier of glass/optic. This is partly a fact finding question and the other part to see if I need to start saving for the "latest and greatest" haha. Thanks guys.

Reactions: JulianD and simonp
I wonder if the new vortex that was shown at the UK ranger rifle thingy will be released :oops:

lpvo1.jpg

Reactions: jh2785 and JDB55
ATI is coming out with an SAI 8 1-8 LPVO. NF just came out with new DMX reticle offering in NX8. Steiner just came out with T6Xi 1-6.
Ok, that SAI 8 1-8 sounds interesting, I'm assuming it will be ffp...any details your allowed to share? Do you think it will be really similar to the SAI 6 just with 2 more magnification? As far as size, illumination and reticle? I would love to see a bit brighter illumination and a reworked reticle (subjective I know).

Thanks Glassaholic!

Reactions: JulianD
ATI is coming out with an SAI 8 1-8 LPVO. NF just came out with new DMX reticle offering in NX8. Steiner just came out with T6Xi 1-6.
Steiner 1-6 interesting. I just don’t understand why it cheaper that 1-5? Any info on that

Steiner 1-6 interesting. I just don’t understand why it cheaper that 1-5? Any info on that
The T6Xi is much better scope. The T5Xi are being discontinued. The T series has been heavily marketed to the law enforcement community. For whatever reason, there are some Police Departments that specify 1-5x, and you will see some manufacturers making 1-5x while they make the same scope in 1-6x or 1-8x and the 1-5x stands alone for that customer who has their department specifying that 1-5x is their standard.

As to OP: I have heard maybe Arken will have an LPVO. I would think that ZCO might have an offering, but my guess is that they will wait a year, as they get their production up to demand on their other scope offerings, which is typical for an early stage company.

But, give it 30 days, and we will hear all sorts of announcements at Shot Show. But, keep in-mind that Shot Show announcements are normally 9 months earlier than delivery into commercial distribution.

OP: Seems to me, as a dealer in the LPVO space, that there are a number of good offerings already. What do you think is missing?

Reactions: JDB55 and S_R
Sightron is releasing a 1-6 alongside their new 5-30.
They make really good stuff, but always seem behind the curve on releases.

The T6Xi is much better scope. The T5Xi are being discontinued. The T series has been heavily marketed to the law enforcement community. For whatever reason, there are some Police Departments that specify 1-5x, and you will see some manufacturers making 1-5x while they make the same scope in 1-6x or 1-8x and the 1-5x stands alone for that customer who has their department specifying that 1-5x is their standard.

As to OP: I have heard maybe Arken will have an LPVO. I would think that ZCO might have an offering, but my guess is that they will wait a year, as they get their production up to demand on their other scope offerings, which is typical for an early stage company.

But, give it 30 days, and we will hear all sorts of announcements at Shot Show. But, keep in-mind that Shot Show announcements are normally 9 months earlier than delivery into commercial distribution.

OP: Seems to me, as a dealer in the LPVO space, that there are a number of good offerings already. What do you think is missing?
Thank you for your answer. Now more to debate T6XI or SAI 6 since price is same.

Not the OP, but adjustable parallax as a feature available on the number of good offerings that are already out there...

Reactions: S_R
Not the OP, but adjustable parallax as a feature available on the number of good offerings that are already out there...
I’m not aware of adjustable parallax on LPVO except March 1-10. Who else? Thanks

I’m not aware of adjustable parallax on LPVO except March 1-10. Who else? Thanks
That's just the issue, there aren't yet, and that is something that I truly believe is the major feature that is missing in the market.

Granted, adjustable parallax as a request for me isn't necessarily only for parallax adjustment, but more so for image refinement and clarity at any distance.

I was just curious. I don't think anything is necessarily missing, currently I would love to see a nuclear bright illuminated, FFP 1-8x24 lpvo thats sub 19 ounces and sub $2k with a reticle thats doesn't have to have the nuclear bright illumination to be useful on 1x(and not the eyebox of the NX8) ...but probably day dreaming. I really really like the PLxC 1-8 and tho it's not nuclear bright if I was gonna upgrade from my Delta Stryker 1-6 that would be my huckleberry.

Last edited:
Reactions: jh2785
I was just curious. I don't think anything is necessarily missing, currently I would love to see a nuclear bright illuminated FFP 1-8x24 lpvo that sub 19 ounces and sub $2k with a reticle that doesn't have to have the nuclear bright illumination to be useful on 1x(and not the eyebox of the NX8) ...but probably day dreaming. I really really like the PLxC 1-8 and tho it's not nuclear bright if I was gonna upgrade from my Delta Stryker 1-6 that would be my huckleberry.
T6Xi 1-6 is 1300 now.

Reactions: JDB55
Ok, that SAI 8 1-8 sounds interesting, I'm assuming it will be ffp...any details your allowed to share? Do you think it will be really similar to the SAI 6 just with 2 more magnification? As far as size, illumination and reticle? I would love to see a bit brighter illumination and a reworked reticle (subjective I know).

Thanks Glassaholic!
No details unfortunately on the SAI 8