• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any NRA members?

To NRA or not to NRA

• Deals are once in a lifetime

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Deals never happen like this

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Srikaleak

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2018
To members out there, did y'all get the alarmist pamphlet? Also, is it a lie that they offer these huge discounted memberships once in a lifetime? Deals have me kinda tempted.

P.S. If this isn't allowed go ahead and shut it down.

I’m not crazy with the way the NRA uses our money, but they are one of the largest advocates we have. Notice I said largest, maybe not the most effective anymore. Truthfully, I am only a member because my ranges require that I have an NRA membership. You can be a qualified shooter anywhere else in the world but they still require NRA membership. Sadly, there isn’t a lot of options around here for ranges as the distances I want to shoot that a relatively close by.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
Yea, the massive size of the NRA has some weight. GOA has Ron Paul "endorsement" which I cannot ignore.

am a NRA lifemember and put a deposit ont eh GOA life membership but hte GOA numbnuts send me these criptic mails where its totally unclear what payment is due etc. last one i got they asked for full payment but i signed up for a quarterly deal.

Reactions: ArmyJerry
Do you not vote if you don't have the perfect candidate?

The NRA is not perfect but it's one of the stronger games in town. I don't appreciate the constant fear-mongering, but I keep my membership current.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
I have no idea what "deals" they may be running right now, but they probably once in a lifetime. I went Life and two more bumps up on those same deals. I'm opted out of all their mailings including the magazines (electronic only for me), it's an option if you dig deep enough, same with their swag crap, I didn't want a duffel bag or whatever else. I want my money to go for my rights, not bullshit branded merchandise made in China.

Just join, go Life Member if you can afford it, and forget about it. 100% agree on not giving them your real phone number, I use 800-555-1212 for them any anything else I never want a call back from. I get enough spam calls as it is.

Not a member. Not a fan of lobbyists even if they support my beliefs. The NRA is all about making money. Wanna support the Second Amendment? Take a kid out shooting and keep the sport alive.

Im not a member of any gun rights organization. I dont need a group to defend a God given right, already granted to me by God, and protected with my rifle and ammo. Its also backed up by the Constitution.

Want to spend money? Buy guns and ammo. Also, buy a friend a cheap gun and a box of core lokts. Something is better than nothing.

Reactions: ArmyJerry
I support the NRA because of their support of youth programs and training programs...that’s why they were founded and that’s what they are good at.

They are the biggest dog in the fight in DC.... but they are hardly the best at it..... they REALLY need to adopt a no compromise stance

I got a good deal on a Life membership some time back & also bought gift ones for some others.
There are apparently several levels above life member (I think they might keep making them as enough members upgrade).
I forget what level I'm on, but it's a couple above the life member level.

While I don't agree with everything, they serve a very important purpose.
The politicians all either hate them, fear them or respect them. because of the number of members they have and how fast they can get the word out.

You'll notice all the gun banning liberals always mistake who the NRA is and keep telling politicians they need to just "stand up to the NRA" because they forget the NRA is only powerful because of the millions of dedicated paying members they have, most of whom can be counted on to get their asses to the polls to vote.

Im not a member of any gun rights organization. I dont need a group to defend a God given right, already granted to me by God, and protected with my rifle and ammo. Its also backed up by the Constitution.

Want to spend money? Buy guns and ammo. Also, buy a friend a cheap gun and a box of core lokts. Something is better than nothing.

Yes you do need a group to protect your rights. The people that died fighting for those rights in 1776 probably think you are full of shit. There is always someone waiting to steal away your god given rights, and they started working on it in 1777. Don't be stupid, you can't fight the world by yourself.

I originally joined because membership with them is required when I joined my local gun club/range. I have since become a life NRA member because they offered a decent price a few years back and I no longer have to remember to renew at the exact right time...as they like to ask for renewals almost every month after you just did it.

I originally joined because membership with them is required when I joined my local gun club/range. I have since become a life NRA member because they offered a decent price a few years back and I no longer have to remember to renew at the exact right time...as they like to ask for renewals almost every month after you just did it.

I wish I’d got on the lifetime membership a few years back

Reactions: abizdafuzz
Life member since early 80's. They have neglected sending me the Rifleman mag for at least 10 years but I don't really give a shiite. Not really impressed with them but the enemy is always griping about the evil ol' NRA and that makes me smile.

I figure membership is worth it just to watch the left lose their shit and show their asses over it. As noted above, wish they’d stop with all the stupid gift shop trinket BS. They can have the magazine too, as I’m sure it would save money.

Reactions: abizdafuzz
I got a mailer from them yesterday that shows the $600 lifetime memberships are back.
Post-Newtown they were sub $400 IIRC, that's when I went life and an extra extra level (thought I went two, guess not, I'm presently Endowment level).

I figure membership is worth it just to watch the left lose their shit and show their asses over it. As noted above, wish they’d stop with all the stupid gift shop trinket BS. They can have the magazine too, as I’m sure it would save money.
Log into your account and change your settings to digital magazine. You can also opt out of other promotional mailings. I encourage all members to do that to save money for ranges and legislative action. https://www.nramemberservices.org/

How can I reduce the amount of mail I receive from the NRA?
Simply email us at [email protected] or dial 800-NRA-3888 and request to be placed on the "Do Not Promote" list. This will significantly reduce the amount of mail you receive without affecting important mailings, magazine service, or your membership renewal.

If every gun owner would join the NRA it’s clout would increase 10 fold. 6 million people carries weight — can you imagine if the NRA had 80-100 million members that all voted? Then it could do some of the things some of you gripe about like putting heat on politicos to ditch the NFA.

But a lot of people are cheap. I have bad news for you, too, you might make a head shot or two but they’ll take you out. Wouldn’t it be nice if you DIDNT have to die defending your rights and could just kick down some ducats and let the NRA help you peacefully keep shooting?

Just do it. Join the other ones too. Strength in numbers.

Last edited:
Maybe when the NRA actually gives a shit about the Second Amendment instead of using it as a way to steal money from true Second Amendment supporters and stops bowing down to gun control laws that do NOTHING but hurt us responsible gun owners, then maybe folks like myself would give a shit about the NRA.