• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Member Link Up Any NW Montana hide members w private LR ranges??

ManbearpigMilitia

Private
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2011
missoula mt
Im fairly new to long range shooting but im pretty dedicated to it. Problem is that there is not much for long range shooting ranges around missoula. Deep creek shooting range has a 1000 yrd range but i beleive its only open for part of the year and your only able to shoot mondays and fridays. Anyone know of or have some good place to shoot 1k yards?

Re: Any NW Montana hide members w private LR ranges??

There's no public land that you can use? You are lucky to be in Montana to begin with. Ask around, you might be able to strike a deal with somebody to shoot on their land. It looks like their is a lot of flat land north of Missoula. When did you move to Missoula?

Welcome to the hide.

Thx MTKid, i moved to montana about seven years ago from canby oregon. i live in the Frenchtown area. there is quite a bit of farm land around frenchtown but no where that is far enough away from livestock or houses. the only public places that i know of that i would be able to shoot out to 1k are block management areas up the blackfoot ( I dont shooting would be allowed ) and out by the nine mile ranger station but again i dont think shooting would be permited.

Yeah, shooting in Montana is the best. Google maps can be helpful too. Just a shot in the dark, do you know anybody in the Shelby/Conrad, MT area?

ya just downloaded google earth, maybe that will help. no i dont, nor have i ben out that way much. there is still a lot of MT that i have not seen yet. i need to just drive aroud LOL