• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any packs besides Eberlestock to carry a rifle?

firestorm1284

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2010
Wisconsin
I'm looking for a large backpack to use as a hunting/camping/BOB bag. One of my main criteria is that I'd like to be able to carry a rifle in it. I love the idea of the Eberlestock packs, but many of them are $300 or more.

Are there any decent options that are less expensive? Also, does anyone have any experience with the Eberlestock Gunrunner? It looks like a slightly smaller and cheaper alternative, but I'm not sure what I'd be giving up. Thanks for any info/advice!

Re: Any packs besides Eberlestock to carry a rifle?

Send a PM, call or email:
[email protected].

Ceylon Blackwell
(901)334-6808

He will be more than happy to help you out.

contact ceylon. that's the way to go

you totally get what you pay for in this category. I started with the cabelas gun and bow pack and then went to the crooked horn outfitters. Finally I bought an Gunslinger II and cannot be more satisfied. My advice. eat ramon noodles for a month to save $ for the EBerlestock you will not be sorry.

Thanks for the advice guys. I just got off the phone with Ceylon after talking with him for nearly AN HOUR. The man knows his stuff, and could not possibly be more helpful. I'm still trying to decide between the X3 and the Gunslinger II, but I will definitely be buying from him.

People like Ceylon and Kyle from XLR industries are what make this site/shooting sports great.

got mine from ceylon - best dude going!

I think I have all but decided on the GS2. I was thinking of the Ranger Green color, it looks like a good compromise as a hunting/BOB color.

The Lodrag is well under $300, and is a great pack. The scabbard is large enought to carry a full size rifle with large scope and bipod mounted (some of their hunting models are not large enough). THe main pack of the lodrag is large enough for a day's worth of gear and water, and you can add stuff with the MOLLE very easily to the point of making it too big. I much prefer the lodrag over the original gunslinger. Eberlestock really is the way to go, and ceylon is the man for this stuff.

+1 on the LoDrag pack, I picked one up online a few weeks ago and am in love with it.

I have a G4 and a loDrag .. love the LoDrag...

I got my x3 in today and it is all packed up for a match on saturday. It is a great pack and fit all my stuff I need for a match in it. Ceylon is the man.