• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any preferences for slings for competition shooting?

Magpul padded ms1 I believe is the model

Good question. e.g. high power rifle or local club runs ar15 matches. Standing/sitting/prone positions.
NRA and CMP both forbid the use of a sling for support in the standing position.

What PRS/NRL allow or don't is anyone's guess this week.

There is only one thing I own that I am absolutely certain is the very best in the world and crafted by someone who is so skillful that he has virtually reinvented a product that is over a hundred years old. I have known Les Tam for many years, and spent several days with him as he picked up his Hermann Oak hides and created his slings on his porch overlooking Honolulu. I have five of his slings and four of his National Match belts. When you cinch the cuff on your upper forearm, and hear the crack as the sling tightens in position, there is no give. It may not be practical for PRS style shooting, but if you shoot irons, or a ten power or less scope, they are like a vise.
1617941360587.jpeg

Reactions: phlegethon
RO carbine sling works pretty well for most of my uses, also like alot of tab gear slings and savy sniper slings too.
High power shooters tend to use leather slings that have little to no flex though which makes sense when you are using the loop alot but I dont shoot high power so I cant comment on any leather slings.

I have a couple Mountain Shooters slings. I do not use them often but the have come in handy. I admit mostly carrying which has been invaluable. As a hasty sling some. These have a loop feature I might use if set up somewhere otherwise I am not comfortable quickly deploying that feature.
Well made and by a good guy. Hope he is still around here.