• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any signs of normalcy coming back in your area?

long island ny, suburbs

people are venturing out more and congregating...closer and larger groups.

idiots

it seems that we might have stemmed the full on disaster which is still happening daily, every town has several hundred cases and alot of people know some one who died already.

went riding bikes with my kids after work (im essential workforce even though the wife says im useless lol) and you see everybody walking their dog etc

but they stop and talk to neighbors at the pre virus distance with no PPE.

im not saying we should walk in space suits but one of the guys admitted he had the virus 8-9 days ago and hadnt got the second test result back.

called him a idot and told him dont walk past my house if my kids are outside, everyone kind of starred for a long second.

had to follow it up with, its people like you who will make this virus get a second go around

told the family, bikes are made for riding not standing lets go

Reactions: bmash
Just issued a curfew here that starts tonight at 8 and runs til 530 in the morning.

Which has NOTHING to do with helping stop the spread of some virus, that would actually be the best time to be out when nobody is around.

I guess the allure of running a police state is too much for the local Tyrants to resist.

Which has NOTHING to do with helping stop the spread of some virus, that would actually be the best time to be out when nobody is around.

I guess the allure of running a police state is too much for the local Tyrants to resist.

possibly cutting officer hours or guys calling in sick as well

I’m about to take up hunting for food.

do you guys recommend a 6.5 Creedmoor for pizza and tacos?

I recommend a shiny truck n some snug wranglers ya big stud!
Find a good cowgirl who will take care of the food while you reload ammo or drink beer (dont do together).

Oh wait, you have a great lady.....

Well. I got a truck. Wranglers arent snug, but are well worn. Those, with a 1911 on my hip and an old M70 in the hand should attract the ladies.
And if they dont like that, they were the wrong kind anyhow.

Denver is still full of liberal douchebag potheads.
So nothin changed here.

Reactions: Zeroit and Bender
Numbers from New Mexico as of 8:45 am.
794 confirmed cases of the Coronavirus
22,245 tests
13 Covid RELATED deaths
51 people hospitalized
Population of New Mexico 2,096,640
Why is this state shut down!

Reactions: mardad and 308220
1586358851443.png

I'm also in SoCal. Things have not improved. the DFG (Department of Fish and Wildlife) is voting today to decide if they are going to close all fishing. It's pretty already there now, but they want to see about making it official.

I think there are laws about having to wear a mask when outside and/or driving...even by yourself. I have been working but now they are thinking about making us wear masks. We have been working together during the whole event essentially. Now they want us to wear masks. Too little too late. We had one guy decide to furlough because he's a pussy. He also wants to draw unemployment but work for Amazon Flex or something like that. I'll be reporting him because fuck that.

My employer gave us face sun screen buffs to use last week. Today they handed us pink cotton face masks that were made in China. No thanks. 3 out of 8 people are wearing it now. Cowards.

Older people still get to shop at our stores before the public. They wipe out all the TP, paper towels, meat...anything worth a shit to make food with pretty much. I don't have an issue with letting them in first, but this is getting ridiculous. More people looking like they are going to rob the train from Prescott, or stick up the stage coach.

The positive is no car traffic really. I live close to an airport so the noise is down. They are still flying. It seems the weekends are the busiest times, but it is significantly less than normal. The homeless are still gathering in large groups. Police drive by and do nothing. However I'm sure I will get stopped for not wearing a mask.

I have already had random people show up at my place. They look like they were scouting the area. We have had issues in the past but mostly car break ins at night. My place is at the back of a long driveway shared by 5 other units. These randoms came during the day and I confronted them. The usual excuses are "sorry wrong address" or "oh I thought this was my friends place". Sure. I now carry at home all the time.

Reactions: Zeroit
This is just a "test run" for .gov. These liberal F's in this country, want it to be like this all the time. Like they keep hinting at...."It will never be normal again, this WILL be the new normal!". I know I will leave my mark, when it's time. I'm way too old for a steady diet of this shit. I've already told my wife what to put on my headstone. F wads! Mac:mad:
It’s gonna be normal by July! I’m betting on it! People gonna rehire and economy will rebound pretty fast! Think people will start going back to work in may! Hopefully the virus won’t start rd 2 at the time! That’s my thoughts!

Got my dream come true at Costco. I avoid the place and have said for years that there are two things they can do to make me shop there more: Limit entry to 1 or 2 people max per card and get rid of the samples that clog up the place. Both changes have now been implemented and my last trip was comparatively pleasant. Distances at the checkout line avoided the usually bumper cars trying to get checked out. People are generally staying in so things are less crowded wherever one goes leaving towns feeling very lifeless. No one I know here has experienced the lines and other crazy crowds vying for supplies at the store seen on some news outlets. (Typical news coverage here - focus on the pin point of drama - if they just turned the camera around everything else is pretty normal.)

I've been out at our other home in SoCal for a while now dealing with one of our businesses that is deemed "critical infrastructure" though revenue is down around 75%. I've not seen or heard of any instances of people being stopped or hassled around here. LEO friends said that if it happens there is a good chance the interaction with the LEO was initiated by some stupidity on the part of the person involved. They are starting to limit access to outdoor areas which sucks. People are worried and we're seeing more masks, etc every day but the live and let live vibe that is one of the positives about this place still prevails - for now.

So restaurants are to-go only though many have closed. A few bars are flaunting the guidlines but are being left alone so far. Rules surrounding alcohol sales have been loosened considerably including places that normally couldn't sell booze to go now are able to so you can get a beer or mixed drink in a to-go cup with a lid - just can't have straw or sip holes in the lid. So the booze is flowing and cannabis dispensaries are reportedly doing a booming business - I'm sure the fact that they tax the living hell out of both products has something to do with that. Churches are totally closed and schools have been closed for a while - lot of bored kids. Gun stores are a mixed bag - some doing pick-up or appointments.

Very little traffic and the air is clearer than usual. I've had no notable issues getting what I need at the store including TP.

Not even close. Took a hike with the dog a few days ago and the two maybe three other people we saw on the trails were in face masks with gloves...... probably the freshest air these people will ever breath and they have a mask on but their nose hanging out of it. Grocery stores have waiting lines and one way traffic in the isles. I think the problem is the idiots not the virus.

Reactions: mardad
things are still decent here, car washes still open, one way in the grocery stores. Told my granddaughters if they go in and to many people are around what they want in front of them, just start coughing. JK , don't get ur panties in a wad. :) Our governor is one of the nine that hasn't shut the state down like all the rest. He's taking heat, but we like the way he thinks

I have been looking very little at the (news)
Lately, because it's gotta include the C-word, even if it has little to nothing to do with that.
Funny how many subject experts are available, where were they at the beginning?
They contradict each other so much, I don't know what to believe.
One area I haven't heard from is Chicago
They usually get spring fever about now, and start whacking each other at a HIGHER pace?
Anyone gets capped there is probably reported to be Coronavirus related Just guessing, along with Baltimore, La., and a few others too numerous to mention.
Atleast , there's been a couple of posts with
A few Ray's of sunshine in all the the doom and gloom.
All the political "leadership" needs to quit dragging everyone down by stating this could keep going on for months or longer.
And keep adding to the time frame, that pisses me off.

Seeing more and more folks with masks.

Saw a bizarre family of inbred looking folks at ALDI. They had two carts piled up 30” higher than the sides of the carts. Creeped me the fuck out.

Everyone around here (Southern California) is wearing masks like we got hit with a nuclear bomb. Paper products are slim, along with restrictions on meats and other items. All "non-essential" businesses are closed to include all the shooting ranges...I've been telecommuting going on three weeks and starting to get a little stir crazy...I can honestly say, I've done more brass prep and dry fire practice than ever in my life!

Im in so cal as well, masks and bandannas everywhere. Even when driving alone in their vehicles.

People are stacked up in lines coming out of grocery stores-looked like a soviet bread line.

Today I saw a booth setup next to a convalescent home-selling masks, gloves, and other PPE's.

Last week when I went into the grocery store to get some fresh produce, I reminded myself I need Dawn dishwashing soap for cleaning my brass as I'm almost out. But the shelves were wiped out from all cleaning agents.

Today, an old guy across the lake asked If I could pickup some food items for him while I was in town, so while there I checked again... Almost completely wiped out, except they had Dawn, and it was on sale, Bonus!

Fuck the Hoarder's, I'm set for cleaning 20K plus cases now. I've got 1100 pieces of 7SAUM brass, and almost as much 300WM brass that needs cleaning and processing.

IMG_20200408_134032345.jpg

Last edited:
More and more people wearing g masks, and now almost every store other than Home Depot and Groceries wont let you in and has a cashier at the front door where you pick up orders.

That or they have a clear plastic hanging in front of them.

Funny everywhere I go I ask, "Do you know anybody that has got sick?" And the answer is always NO, but I heard...

Just open everything back up and let things run its course. Why are we still shelter in place? People nationwide are basically out and about anyways. The only things we can't do is eat at a restaurant, see a movie, workout or get a haircut. Everything else is open. It won't matter and regardless the virus won't just go away if we all lock ourselves in our homes for months at a time. It will still be out waiting for a host to infect.

Reactions: 308220 and Zeroit
New normal is new normal
which is my normal of I don’t like people outside my club so this kinda is working out for me with people now not talking, minimal traffic and people farther than striking distance. Kinda wish they wouldn’t cancel the matches though

I have way too many people coming to my area to "recreate", I wish they could go back to work.

Major jet airway overhead, normal times I have an aircraft flying over every 15 - 30 minutes, and honestly I don't recall seeing not even one in a couple weeks now.

Last week I went to town/grocery store for some fresh produce, went to get a bottle of Dawn for brass cleaning in my SS media tumbler. Nothing available, completely wiped out of cleaning products. However, they did have TP.

Heard today on the Denver station people are now hoarding beef, WTF? Are cows infected with the virus now?
I’ve been staying out in Hudson, CO for the last three weeks for work. Hudson Lockers has some awesome beef and pork and been eating on it daily, call them up or swing by. Not bad prices on bulk orders either, 1/4 beef for $650 and whole hog for around the same.

Cops stopped arresting people around here for anything other than capitol crimes and emptied the Jails.... Is anyone else fedup with this made-up ass disease or am i just speaking to the sheep?

Reactions: mardad and Zeroit
I have been looking very little at the (news)
Lately, because it's gotta include the C-word, even if it has little to nothing to do with that.
Funny how many subject experts are available, where were they at the beginning?
They contradict each other so much, I don't know what to believe.
One area I haven't heard from is Chicago
They usually get spring fever about now, and start whacking each other at a HIGHER pace?
Anyone gets capped there is probably reported to be Coronavirus related Just guessing, along with Baltimore, La., and a few others too numerous to mention.
Atleast , there's been a couple of posts with
A few Ray's of sunshine in all the the doom and gloom.
All the political "leadership" needs to quit dragging everyone down by stating this could keep going on for months or longer.
And keep adding to the time frame, that pisses me off.

Was just discussing Chicago with my mom, she said they must not be killing as many people with the stay at home. I laughed at her being so naive and looked it up for her. I said that won't slow then down.

Only seen a few ppl with face masks around here (Ohio). Mostly older folks. Which I can understand. Its somewhat “normal” here. People keep their distance in stores for the most part. But lots of people are out and about. Despite the “stay at home” order.

People arent going to stay locked in their homes for weeks and months on end. Theyre just not going to do it. That is fucking dumb. Especially for “COVID-19”.

Bout the same here.

Unfortunately, not really. In NC the schools are closed until May 15th statewide. They were closed on March 18th by Governor Cooper(D) who also issued a statewide "shelter in place order" that went into effect 5pm March 30th. It is supposed to lift on April 30th. Certain counties have also issued "orders" including Wake (Raleigh) and Mecklenburg (Charlotte).

I work in a pharma lab so I'm an "essential" employee and my day to day is business as usual. Traffic is much lighter on my commute. The restaurants are carryout only by 8pm, IF they are even open. Many business's are closed. Big box stores are now limiting the number of customers allowed in based on the store sq footage. The grocery stores are a little better now for fresh meats, produce, and other items in stock, but many still like people panic shopped just before a hurricane rolls in.

I spoke with my neighbor last night who is a RN at one of the big hospitals in Raleigh and she said they do not have many Covid patients. We only have 363 confirmed cases in a 1 million person county (Wake) while the entire state only has 3426 confirmed case for 10.5 million people.

A LOT of people think that our esteemed Governor is going to try to keep the state locked down until mid June.

Personally, I see him receiving a LOT of push back from his Lt. Gov (R) and the State House (R majority) if he tries to extend it past his current April 30th order. The Gov basically usurped the NC Council of State's authority. It is the 10 elected officials, including Gov. Cooper and Lt. Gov Forest, who run the executive branch of state government. The Lt.Gov is running against the Gov in Nov. :)

Btw have my “Bender- area” general elk archery tag (draw) in, my son is over the counter $57. But hope to get a speed goat if my draw doesn’t happen.

Bender, My phone is all messed sorry- had to answer in two posts - the above is for 2020 season upcoming - below is the answer to this last season.

My Son got an Elk in archery near Laramie (Medicine Bow / Snowies) and I hunted the West side of Medicine Bow that was actually Colorado. We had 4th rifle and pulled out a few.

Btw I was not going to mention your state ;) I

Reactions: Bender
Bender, My phone is all messed sorry- had to answer in two posts - the above is for 2020 season upcoming - below is the answer to this last season.

My Son got an Elk in archery near Laramie (Medicine Bow / Snowies) and I hunted the West side of Medicine Bow that was actually Colorado. We had 4th rifle and pulled out a few.

Btw I was not going to mention your state ;) I

I knew you kick around these parts, but you’re not a commie So..... lol. Snowies are interesting to hunt, not many clearings, but some monsters come out of there every year!

Reactions: Diver160651
According to Dr. Zeke Emanuel, it will be at least 18 months before things can(should) start to return to normal.

As if the agenda isnt obvious with that dude. Buddys with Obama and Biden. Just gotta shut Trumps economy in for nearly 2 years. Its the “only” way. Yeah, fuck off, Zeke.

US Forest Service just put in place a fire ban in the Rocky Mountain Region. No campfires, grills, stoves, or smoking allowed.

That's one way to keep people from camping, without saying you can't camp.

Today was the first blast of cars on the road....it's getting warm, and people are wanting some normalcy...supplies, lawnmower gas, food....etc. Seemed many had mask filters on.....but today was the first big pulse of public outing.

Been buzz cutting my hair/beard weekly for a couple of months now; good to be this kind of self-reliant. Alternative is the local barber, and that's too close to others for comfort.

I'm staying as far away from potential sources of infection as I can; mostly that means staying at home. I spend a lot of my time in PJ's. Our household started observing self imposed lockdown three weeks ago today.

That's turning out not to be such a drag after all. Keeping busy taking my time rebuilding my workshop. Netflix is my savior. All my meds arrive in the mail; there's plenty of them, and they remain adequate. According to Amazon, I've made over 50 orders in the past 30 days; up from normal, but not by a lot.

Assuming I survive; I have a lot to look forward to. Heart failure, COPD, Diabetes, Age, and some other thing I forget; I don't need to wonder if I'm more vulnerable, it's a slam dunk. So I isolate, stay clean and keep physically active. I take a walk in the neighborhood each afternoon, once thing get above 70* outside. I wear a bandana, down mostly, up for in close and personal. Chats-from-afar keep me up to date with nearby neighbors, and Texting (I'm no expert at that...) keeps me and my Buds in touch and laughing. I expect there will be a floodgates moment, and I'm buckling in for the bumpy ride.

I look and listen to the grumblers on the tube. They still don't get it; nothing to laugh about there. Here neither. Gloom and doom passed here going fast, headed South. Serves no useful purpose. My Sweetie and I continue to look forward to our 50th in July. The cats don't care, and the dogs, bless their barking mad little souls, are unimpressed by it all.

The Grandkids are our Skirmisher/Forageurs Team. The only thing I wish I had and don't is potatoes. I'm replacing them with box-mashed and 'Shepherd's Pie' concoctions. So that's not a big deal, either.

Conspiracies seem to be most alive in our Bear Pit, haven't seen hide nor hair of them in our AO.

Normalcy. ...? Every day is and has always been different. That's my normal. Good thing, too.

IMHO, I think we're doing about the right thing; but there's always more to learn.

As you were...

Greg

Last edited:
The only thing I wish I had and don't is potatoes. I'm replacing them with box-mashed and 'Shepherd's Pie' concoctions. So that's not a big deal, either.

It's really weird what shortages there are around the country.

Other places have meat shortages, other places have eggs in shortage all kinds of odd stuff

We've got Potatoes here.

Archery this season not far from your house :)
View attachment 7294019

How dare. Dont you know we’re on a worldwide lockdown? That means, having no fucking fun. Or doing anything worthwhile. Stay inside! Look at the walls or watch CNN. Thats all we have in these final days of existence. Get it? Got it? Good.

*sarcasm off*

First aircraft I've seen in two weeks. Saw this guy yesterday, and twice this morning. Boeing 707 type aircraft, all white. So I assume it's one of the Navy E-6B's out of Offutt AFB flying it's normal East/West track?

IMG_20200409_090506440.jpg

Last edited:
Actually, I'm kinda enjoying the break in traffic congestion. Still plenty of people out and working because everyone(almost) is considered essential. Wife and I are both working and we have all the household stuff and groceries we need, so home-wise, life is good.
My big bitch is not being able to go to Cheddar's for a chicken fried steak.

I'm just west of Denver in the front range. Immediate 'hood is pretty laid back, but down in the city people seem a bit on edge and nearly everything is closed. Huge numbers of bored Denver people are heading up to our area in the mountains to recreate and that's causing some angst. Some of the mountain towns are taking extreme measures to keep Denver people out--Gunnison said something about an 18k fine if you show up there. I'm pretty sure these measures aren't even legal, but who wants to fight it? I'm enjoying the extra time with the fam and at home, just bummed that the ski lifts and motocross tracks are closed :(