• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any signs of normalcy coming back in your area?

Quite the opposite. Apparently at the recommendation of the cdc, my work is going to start requiring us to turn in forms daily declaring that we're healthy. Don't know what the verbiage is yet but I'm not liking this.

• Wow
Reactions: Zeroit
Quite the opposite. Apparently at the recommendation of the cdc, my work is going to start requiring us to turn in forms daily declaring that we're healthy. Don't know what the verbiage is yet but I'm not liking this.

If its anything like my hospital I have to take my temp twice a day and turn in the form.

Put the ball in back in their court.
Unless you are a MD. Maybe they should have one available to certify that you are good to go, while you are on duty of course.
Or maybe request a private safe space to fill out the form, and ask how they are keeping your private health, private?
Do you have to disclose your medical records? And with who?
I'm not sure that is legal? But I'm not a Lawyer.
But I can be a certified smart ass, and when
People or companies I have worked with or for get stupid, game on.
But don't get fired if you need the job.

Here in central Louisiana the traffic in our little town has gone from non-existent a couple weeks ago to almost normal levels today. About the only way to tell the difference is that now there are a lot of people wearing masks and they don't get as close to one another. But the number of folks out and about looks almost like it did before.

I live in Mt. At first things were pretty empty, but roads are picking up. Have not been to the grocery store lately, thankfully. Was in a burger joint grabbing take out, and some fat cow came in behind me, she was all gloved and masked up. She looked at me like I had just eaten the last twinkie on earth and spit it on the ground because I was not wearing ppe. Fuck that noise.

I am tired of these over reaching dictators destroying our country.

The Grandkids are our Skirmisher/Forageurs Team. The only thing I wish I had and don't is potatoes. I'm replacing them with box-mashed and 'Shepherd's Pie' concoctions. So that's not a big deal, either.

Greg

If you want I'll get you a large flat rate box full and ship them to you. You just pay shipping.

Thank you, but our Daughter hit Wally World yesterday and brought us a care package of 10lb of Russets. We good...

I was in Cali for a week in the early '90's for my employer. I don't think you've seen 'normal' since way before that.

When I spent five months in Camp Pendleton on 1966, I already knew I would only go back in the direst of need.

Yes finally getting back to normal our local Chinese Take Out just opened back up today and we can't wait to place our order tonight !!
862-03736529en_Masterfile.jpg

Helo traffic is nonexistent...

More closures this week than last.

Things are not getting better.

It was bad enough 2 weeks ago. Then I got laid off, they cancelled my health care insurance leaving my wife waiting in agony for a cancelled surgery we now cannot afford *after * we already met our deductible. Trying to wade thru The System to get unemployment but with record numbers applying i have been repeatedly rejected. Claims denied....attempts to contact them via email or phone are fruitless.

Medicine/prescriptions are now hundreds of dollars per 30 day supply because no insurance.

I did manage to score TP. So, I guess it'll all be good. Someday again. Right now? 47 years of working like a dog swirling down the shitter. No, it's not getting better here....working in Iowa, living in Illinois.

VooDoo

• Angry
Reactions: Aries256 and Bradu
It was bad enough 2 weeks ago. Then I got laid off, they cancelled my health care insurance leaving my wife waiting in agony for a cancelled surgery we now cannot afford *after * we already met our deductible. Trying to wade thru The System to get unemployment but with record numbers applying i have been repeatedly rejected. Claims denied....attempts to contact them via email or phone are fruitless.

Medicine/prescriptions are now hundreds of dollars per 30 day supply because no insurance.

I did manage to score TP. So, I guess it'll all be good. Someday again. Right now? 47 years of working like a dog swirling down the shitter. No, it's not getting better here....working in Iowa, living in Illinois.

VooDoo

That really sucks all around and I know it's hurting a lot of people the same way. I hope this shit comes to an end soon because it's going to get bad. I'm thankful that my wife works at a pharmacy because I'm on about $8-9k worth of meds just for my asthma right now. I would be fucked without insurance.

Reactions: Vodoun daVinci
Was really quiet in the Denver Metro last week until Friday. Friday was like a normal Friday except busier. The only difference between this year and last is the masks being worn. I was extremely surprised at the difference between Thursday and Friday. I also had contact w/ a Denver Health worker. Stated the media was making it out worse than it was and might expect to come off stay at home sooner rather than later. We'll see.

And yes, I-25 is seeing some extreme speeds lately. All the CDOT signs say "Drive the Speed limit".

That really sucks all around and I know it's hurting a lot of people the same way. I hope this shit comes to an end soon because it's going to get bad. I'm thankful that my wife works at a pharmacy because I'm on about $8-9k worth of meds just for my asthma right now. I would be fucked without insurance.
Due to the fact that we pay 2X-3X more for everything Healthcare related in the US we are *all* fucked without insurance. I'm not taking it very well with the company that "laid me off" terminated my insurance on April 1, has not sent me information for continuing coverage under COBRA ("see, it's all fine dear..it's retroactive back to April 1 when you sign up for COBRA. Yer still covered...no worries there!") and terminated my 401K, my disability, everything.

I'll be surprised if we don't see a rash of desperate fucked over unemployed people shooting up HR here in a few weeks if this doesn't get fixed.

VooDoo

Reactions: Bradu