• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Member Link Up Any southern AZ shooters?

Flying Fuzz

Hovering above you
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Long time lurker on the hide, wish I had a more exciting first post...

I moved to Tucson from Woodinville, WA just under two years ago. Looking for people in southern AZ (Tucson, Sierra Vista, Marana etc..) that would be interested in linking up. I saw a post started by Bitter about Sierra Vista (posted JAN12) but that's pretty much the only post for our area. I'm with Tucson PD and prior service Navy (Aviation Ordnance) if that shows I'm a good guy, at least don't hold the Navy thing against me. looking for some decent range for my Weatherby Mark V ultra light weight (.300 WBY MAG) or sub 200 for my SOCOM 16 and H&K pistols. Would prefer desert shooting as ranges aren't my thing, stranger danger ya know...
smirk.gif

Thanks for reading

Re: Any southern AZ shooters?

I'm here

Looks like we are the only ones

I'm located on NW Side

Ive got a Remington 700P i purchased about a year ago and still have not shot it. Hell i still don't have any optics for it yet lol

Will

I'm on the NW side as well, Thorneydale and Cortaro. My Weatherby is missing optics too but I still havent't shot my SOCOM 16 I picked up 2 months ago.

Tom

I'm in Central Tucson. Do most of my shooting at Tucson rifle club and Pima Pistol but would like to play in the desert if I could find a good spot as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Flying Fuzz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Long time lurker on the hide, wish I had a more exciting first post...

I moved to Tucson from Woodinville, WA just under two years ago. Looking for people in southern AZ (Tucson, Sierra Vista, Marana etc..) that would be interested in linking up. I saw a post started by Bitter about Sierra Vista (posted JAN12) but that's pretty much the only post for our area. I'm with Tucson PD and prior service Navy (Aviation Ordnance) if that shows I'm a good guy, at least don't hold the Navy thing against me. looking for some decent range for my Weatherby Mark V ultra light weight (.300 WBY MAG) or sub 200 for my SOCOM 16 and H&K pistols. Would prefer desert shooting as ranges aren't my thing, stranger danger ya know...
smirk.gif

Thanks for reading </div></div>

Have you checked out the Casa Grande range? It's open to the public and has a decent long gun range not to mention that there are some decent hills near by to practice angle shots and shooting across valleys. Bring your own targets and materials as none are on site.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Papa Zero Three</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Have you checked out the Casa Grande range? It's open to the public and has a decent long gun range not to mention that there are some decent hills near by to practice angle shots and shooting across valleys. Bring your own targets and materials as none are on site. </div></div>

Negative, I didn't even know there was a range in Casa Grande, I'll have to research that and see. Thanks for the heads up! @NDT, I go to Pima almost every weekend but I enjoy the desert more, I found some good spots out by Silver Bell mine if your interested...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Flying Fuzz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Papa Zero Three</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Have you checked out the Casa Grande range? It's open to the public and has a decent long gun range not to mention that there are some decent hills near by to practice angle shots and shooting across valleys. Bring your own targets and materials as none are on site. </div></div>

Negative, I didn't even know there was a range in Casa Grande, I'll have to research that and see. Thanks for the heads up! @NDT, I go to Pima almost every weekend but I enjoy the desert more, I found some good spots out by Silver Bell mine if your interested... </div></div>

Address can be found on the flyer in this link. If you Google earth it you can get some good Sat imagery of the range.
Casa Grande Range Address

There is also 3 points range if you want to drive all the way out there

I've never been though

Will

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: spanky99l</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is also 3 points range if you want to drive all the way out there

I've never been though

Will </div></div>

The 3 points range is "Tucson Rifle Club" They have a nice 550m steel range and a 1000yd range available. But yeah, definitely a drive for the OP.

There are plenty of places to shoot within 20 minutes of Benson (30 miles east of Tucson). Let me know how far you want to shoot and I'll point you in the right direction. I still cannot believe that people actually pay money to shoot when we are surrounded by open desert.

If there are any of you members in az near seligman with NV or thermal im asking for your help. My 7 year old nephew has been lost since 11 am this morning they have dogs and 1 chopper with thermal and about a 100 volunteers. They have not found him yet and we fear he won't make it through the night. Thanks for any possible help. Matt

Thanks you to everyone that helped in finding my nephew.

good deal SD338, glad you found him!!

to the OP, i run a tow truck every other weekend in Pinal County (between Casa Grande and Marana), the CG range is cool but if you like the desert, there are ALOT of good open areas right in Picacho. NW side of Tucson (Thornydale and Cortaro) is about a 25 minute drive to Picacho. The place i go to "zero" my rifles has access out to 800+ yards. Actually this last weekend took my longest shot as of yet (833yds) got 1 hit out of 5 attempts then i realized my shooting app had wrong info in it "doh".

Anyways, let me know if you want more info.

Sorry for not replying to you guys but I wanted to thank all of you for your input, just been a busy guy...

@SD338LMShooter, I'm glad your Nephew was found. Hope he's safe and sound!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Exo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">good deal SD338, glad you found him!!

to the OP, i run a tow truck every other weekend in Pinal County (between Casa Grande and Marana), the CG range is cool but if you like the desert, there are ALOT of good open areas right in Picacho. NW side of Tucson (Thornydale and Cortaro) is about a 25 minute drive to Picacho. The place i go to "zero" my rifles has access out to 800+ yards. Actually this last weekend took my longest shot as of yet (833yds) got 1 hit out of 5 attempts then i realized my shooting app had wrong info in it "doh".

Anyways, let me know if you want more info. </div></div>

I live off Thorneydale/Cortaro, I usually go shooting near the avra valley area (silverbell mine) I'd love some more info on where you shoot!

Tom