• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any way out of the vax for .mil?

Someone very close to me is in their 17th year in a branch of the .mil. Academy grad, etc… doesn’t want anything to do with the vax. Also doesn’t want the dishonorable discharge and associated fallout. Any thoughts or advice?
He can resign his commission.

He can move on to the private sector and start making real money instead of fighting the .mil or getting on his knees.

Soooooo fucking glad I resigned mine after six years.

And don't ever set foot in a VA office. Ever.

Last edited:
@THEIS is right you morons. The Lifer or anybody else in the mil are under the UCMJ. He or She or It should already know his only alternative is to seek legal advice. He has probably been vaccinated for everything under the sun and didn't object. He is acting like a fucking pussy and should be Article 15ed, object it and take his chance with court martial, or discharge either voluntarily or administrative.

Last edited by a moderator:
The guidance is clear. They must get a vaccination or face separation. It's not that hard.

I have the memo in front of me and it's pretty straightforward.

Also, seeking legal advice does NOT delay or grant any exemption. The vaccine is still required.

Screenshot_20210828-085510.png

Well yes I have acctualy. All you have to do is ask your health care provider for it. Also see below.

WHAT ARE THE INGREDIENTS IN COMIRNATY (COVID-19 VACCINE, mRNA) AND
THE PFIZER-BIONTECH COVID-19 VACCINE?
COMIRNATY (COVID-19 Vaccine, mRNA) and the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine
include the following ingredients: mRNA, lipids ((4-hydroxybutyl)azanediyl)bis(hexane-
6,1-diyl)bis(2-hexyldecanoate), 2 [(polyethylene glycol)-2000]-N,N-
ditetradecylacetamide, 1,2-Distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine, and cholesterol),
potassium chloride, monobasic potassium phosphate, sodium chloride, dibasic sodium
phosphate dihydrate, and sucrose.
Looks like a TV dinner with a Gatorade.

I forgot to add... I have not seen ANY exemption granted by the Surgeon General for medical exemption within the Army... ZERO, none, nil...

So, unless one qualifies for religious exemption (which no Commander will grant because it makes you NONDEPLOYABLE)... the other obvious option is discharge from the service.

Some seem to be getting upset if a SM doesn’t want to take it. It’s ultimately their choice to do or not.

If they do, cool. They’ll have to deal with the consequence(s) of their decision.

If they don’t, cool. They’ll have to deal with the consequence(s) of their decision.

What isn’t cool is the absolute lack of professionalism throughout the DOD since this bullshit started.

The guidance is clear. They must get a vaccination or face separation. It's not that hard.

I have the memo in front of me and it's pretty straightforward.

Also, seeking legal advice does NOT delay or grant any exemption. The vaccine is still required.

View attachment 7692842
E-7 or higher and O4 or higher will be allowed to retire.

Anyone lower rank will be either dishonorable discharged or Chapter 5-17

Period.

Doc

Period.

Doc
Pretty much. So, it depends if the SM wants to die on that hill, ethically/morally or professionally.

• Angry
Reactions: Doc68
If you were not going to be a lifer take the early separation. Right now companies are begging for workers. There's a local plumbing company paying $18 to start, 401K, insurance, a $2K sign on bonus and a host of other incentives. I almost jumped on the offer except they want someone with good people skills. So that counts me out.
But for real. Now is the time to jump ship and get a good deal to hire on in the civilian world. While the shitheads are taking uncle Sam for a ride you will be way ahead of the game.
Fuck the Suck!!

Period.

Doc
It’s more based on if you’re over 18 years and in sanctuary. Under 18 and they can easily bounce you out.

Even in sanctuary you can be bounced for not being within standards, or adverse paperwork (UCMJ).

• Angry
Reactions: Doc68

Period.

Doc
Idk about a DD. That’s for capital crimes in a general court martial. 9/10 you’ll be article 15’d 45/45 ninja punched and they’ll let high year tenure ad-sep you out. Worst case a special court martial to ad sep with OTH.

No one in the .mil is getting a DD for refusing a vaccine.

Reactions: Redmanss
Idk about a DD. That’s for capital crimes in a general court martial. 9/10 you’ll be article 15’d 45/45 ninja punched and they’ll let high year tenure ad-sep you out. Worst case a special court martial to ad sep with OTH.

No one in the .mil is getting a DD for refusing a vaccine.
I bet you they will to make an example out of someone.

ive seen article 15 hearings end in DD.

Doc

Reactions: 10ring'r
I bet you they will to make an example out of someone.

ive seen article 15 hearings end in DD.

Doc
That’s corruption with which I don’t disagree and I know first hand exist, but it’s in the regs. You can’t get DD’d on a article 15 without going to general. General will only be picked up by a judge for rape, murder and other capital crimes. It’s a whole lot of work to fuck with a guy for not getting a shot. You know how many times I’ve told my doc to fuck off for predeployment shots? Lol

That’s corruption with which I don’t disagree and I know first hand exist, but it’s in the regs. You can’t get DD’d on a article 15 without going to general. General will only be picked up by a judge for rape, murder and other capital crimes. It’s a whole lot of work to fuck with a guy for not getting a shot. You know how many times I’ve told my doc to fuck off for predeployment shots? Lol
Lol at redeployment amd deployment shots.

The case I saw was dealing meth and cocaine out of the barracks 12 MPs involved.

It made army wtf moments.

Doc

Commissioned officers can resign their commission at any time after the completion of all active service obligations.

The person the OP is talking about is a commissioned officer with 17 yrs of service. He or she almost certainly has no active duty obligations left and can resign effective immediately without adverse consequences.

At 17 years I'd say that all reserve component obligations have also already been met so he can get a full separation under honorable conditions if he gets ahead of this now.

Officer service obligations are quite different than enlisted ones. If you aren't sure how it works, your advice isn't very relevant.

Reactions: JJMoody
Officers, depending on their job, may continue to have service obligations. For example, medical officers often have retention bonuses attached to their job. I had a 3 year service obligation at 18+ years... Many colleagues are in the same boat. So, basically... It depends on your job.

Reactions: JJMoody
Officers, depending on their job, may continue to have service obligations. For example, medical officers often have retention bonuses attached to their job. I had a 3 year service obligation at 18+ years... Many colleagues are in the same boat. So, basically... It depends on your job.
I'm well aware. PG school, additional subspecialty training, yada, yada, yada...it all depends.

Point is officers have a fundamentally different service structure compared to fixed time enlistments.

Many, probably most, enlisted personnel don't know that.

hold fast. i heard marine brass rejected mandatory clotshot.
they only win if you surrender.

It’s more based on if you’re over 18 years and in sanctuary. Under 18 and they can easily bounce you out.

Even in sanctuary you can be bounced for not being within standards, or adverse paperwork (UCMJ).
The Air Force no longer has a sanctuary for over 18 years. I would expect to see guidance this upcoming week from big blue outlining their way forward.

What is this sanctuary talk? .Mil will send you packing when they want if they decide you need to go. What did I miss in the last few years? I’d expect even less concern from daddy thanks to this blended retirement shit and they only truly have to pay you your money back.

There used to be a sanctuary at 18 if anything popped up like medical wise, they would allow you to get to 20 to retire.

I'm well aware. PG school, additional subspecialty training, yada, yada, yada...it all depends.

Point is officers have a fundamentally different service structure compared to fixed time enlistments.

Many, probably most, enlisted personnel don't know that.
You are correct in regards to the ADSO officers incurr for original contract as well as subsequent schools that incur an ADSO depending on the length of time the school is. Thing with the ADOS for schools though is, the Soldier is to be counseled on the additional ADSO and how long it is for. I say this, because I ran into this a few years ago as we were heading out on a deployment. They were still offering Deployment Extension Stabilization Policy (DESP) bonuses. I had a CW3 who would have been authorized it, but he had just completed a school, that incurs a 2 year ADSO. He fought, he was never informed when he went to the school, that he would incur any ADSO. The command and Battalion fought it tooth and nail until he went to the AG, and they informed the command, he is to be granted the DESP payment, to the tune of an additional $500/ month due to the fact, they couldn’t show anywhere, the Soldier was informed. Sometimes its good to push back and not take the first answer.