• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Anybody big fishers?

Bigbrotheretter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2010
Washington,
During the whole summer i have gone every year to Minnesota. Out to the flatland. Not many big towns. Lots of lakes to fish though!
Last year, we caught a good amount of Largies. (largemouth bass.) and a very nice stock of Northern Pike!
Anyone else big fishers?

4353139249_0e96a7fa4c_o.jpg

This is about half the bass we kept. Thats in one day. Cant tell you lake or area sorry.

Re: Anybody big fishers?

i used to be, and enjoyed it very much, but one day during trout season when a bunch of grown men nearly tackled me to get my spot cause i was catching them, i called it quits. haven't touched a rod (other than getting my kid's first fish 2 years ago) in about 16 years.

i'm primarily interested in putting time into stuff with legs. i figure if i put a worm on a hook and wait, i'll catch something eventually.

not knocking fishing, just 2 cents.

Yea people go nuts about trout fishing... I think its a little boring becuase you just sit there and there is no realing involved... But i know what you mean! People go crazy over good fishing spots, thats why my grandpa doesnt tell anyone about our secret lakes/spots
wink.gif

while you are in the land of 10000 lakes catch some walleys and eat them you will never touch a bass again.

Those are some nice fish, good job, the boys look happy
grin.gif

Where's the reds?

Picture469.jpg

I used to go up to White Fish, kilwory a lot as a young teen. I had a great time getting those Pike. But the best was the pan fish. I did some ice fishing too on Lake Milax. Over all the best fishing I have ever done in my life was in Minnesota.

My brother lives in Big Lake, I go when I can. He has a cabin a few miles from dead center AK, we're going moose hunting this Sept. Can't seem to get him to take me sheep hunting though.
frown.gif

I used to fish alot when I was younger, every year I say I am going to fish more and I just can't seem to make it happen. I hope this is the year I make it out more than 2-3 times. The fishing should be great here this year, all the lakes are full and just waiting for the weather to start to warm up and the debris to settle from the storms. Someday I will make it to Alaska for salmon fishing, that looks like a blast.

Jigging off Block Island a couple years ago.

IMGP1514-1.jpg

I'd like to know how you all cook your stripers! I've caught several and tried to fix them up but they taste like sh!t.

Roll'em in fish coating/seasoning crap from the market and fry them in hot oil or bake. Damn they're good, nice and firm and flakey. The leftovers mixed up with mayo and pickle relish spread on crackers is delicious.

Make sure to trim all the red meat (FAT) off the filets, that stuff is nasty. I was also taught to bleed them by slicing their gills as soon as they come out of the net .

I haven't done any serious fishing in a good # of years but I can sure appreciate some of those catches- very nice! And I am DEFINATELY gonna have to go out for Halibut on the next trip up to AK.
shocked.gif
Loved the silvers and Kings but Willow Creek is ridiculous "combat fishing" and takes a good bit of the fun out of it when the after-work crowd filters in. And for those of you who think that fishing is boring.....

...most of it is. But get yourself into a good salmon run and you will rethink the boring part! lol by the second day, my forearms were burning from hooking & hauling as many silvers as I latched into(20-30 a day) 'course tho when you spend 12 hours on the river, it is to be expected.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tip em over</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As long as I can drill thru ice to get to them! Couple from this year so far.
2011ryansphoto.jpg

24751_105027076186276_1000003695353.jpg

IceFishing09-10060.jpg

17436_103832146305769_1000003695353.jpg
</div></div>

Musky?

Muskies have vertical stripes/patterns or little at all. That there my friend is a big 'ole Pike

it is the time of year for the big pike 2 years ago to this day i caught a 20 pounder and the next night my wife out did me with a 25. i still get to hear about that.

Love to Trout and Bass fish here in Utah. Lots of good areas. My 3.5 year old son will be joining me this year
smile.gif

I do as much fishing as I can during the summer, but it never seems to be enough. I've been out a few times so far, but have just rounded up a few drum. I'll be out chasing crappie tomorrow. Cross your fingers.

That looks like a big fish. I've seen some really neat mounts done with big pikes and muskies. Always heard that a big muskie was hard to catch.

i Fish the Creeks around were i live but the worst part is the areas i fish arn't nomaly good till the first of July and it all ends by the first of September but it just might start ealy this year and hopefuly it will last till its time to stat hunting

i love fishing for bass and northern. But i hating eating them , all them stupid bones. walleye taste great, but there super hard to catch...
Those are some nice fish!

went and caught some salmon this morning and in a few weeks the walleye will start going crazy. the smelt are starting to run so we are lining up a little party to go sein some of them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Freddy J</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
IMG_1181.jpg

</div></div>
Dang that is a lot of really good fish tacos you got there. I'm hungry!!!!

I love fishing with R&R. But ever since I moved to California I picked up free diving and spearfishing!!! Almost makes up for the retarded gun laws! Almost!

36# White Sea Bass of Santa Cruz Island

fish3.jpg

I used to fish a lot. Still do a little. Some friends and I started fishing in Canada several years ago. We go each year, fly in to a camp, get dropped off for a week and then fly out. We eat Walleye till we grow gills. It is great.

I love walleye. This summer when i go back to the farm i plan to shoot so much long range and fish like crazy!

i gerw up fishin freshwater. bass, panfish, sac-a-lait(crappie as your northern folk call it. went on a couple blue water charters over the past few years and i'm hooked. have a couple of trips lined up for this summer but the oil spill may cancel those for me. i guess its a wait and see situation.

If it has scales I'm chasn em one way or another be it rod, spear or harpoon. Did it for livn for awhile,now it just kinda keeps the "huntin seasons over" blues away is all.

33lp8qv.jpg

iwqhdt.jpg

1znu8hf.jpg

fu5r1i.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: STRICK9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
fu5r1i.jpg
</div></div>

That would be "Extreme Fishing" wouldn't it? What's the story with it?