• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns anybody ever use cold bore customs for glock grip work

ker2222

Minuteman
Sep 3, 2004
Hastings, MN
I am looking to get the grip of my g26 reduced and textured.....don't know anything about any companies that do the work. Only recommendation I could get was for cold bore customs

anyone ever use them?
Any pitfalls of have the grip reduced?

I had my Glock 22 (40) reduced by Bowie Tactical Concepts do mine. It took like 6-8 months but I really don't see a down side. Mine points better for me and I don't feel like I'm fighting with it to keep the muzzle down plus the grip is a little thinner too. Other than the cost and the wait associated with it there isn't a downside for me. If I do another one I would go with Cold Bore Customs for it.

Last edited:
I used Cold Bore Customs to reduce the grips on two guns last year (a G20 and G21). I wanted the max possible grip reduction and both turned out perfect. They fit my hand much better (almost as well as a G17/g22) and the work looks perfect. They are both woods guns so I got the tactical texture, which is very grippy, about like skateboard grip tape, I'd say. He tells you when to send in the gun so I think I was without the guns for maybe two weeks? You just send the frames regular mail, as I remember. Anyway I haven't seen other people's work but I can say CBC did very nice work, quick turnaround, what more can you ask for? This stuff is not exactly rocket science. If he has the quickest turnaround, send it to CBC and be done with it.

Lane at Cold Bore did my G29 and G27. You just send him the frame and usually within less than 2 wks you have it back. You can pick from different types of textures also.

IMG_0695.jpg

IMG_0425_zpse805a0e1.jpg

i had a gen4 g17 done last year in his most aggressive texture with the finger humps removed with 360 texturing.

i also had a g19 done the same way but with the inside done (the side thats against my body) with a less agressive texture.

i highly recommend it. the textire i have on the 19 will rub a little so i have to make sure and wear an undershirt when carrying. but with the texture, the guns just stick in your hands, even better than the rtf2 grip. i also am really glad i had the finger humps removed, my hands just fit better on the grips.

lane's work is awesome, if your considering it, do it, youwont be disappointed.