• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up anybody in Kansas?

Re: anybody in Kansas?

I'll be at Fort Leavenworth when I get back from Iraq!

Krebaum,

What's the deal with Shooters Supply in South Hutch? I stopped by there yesterday on the way through and they had a ton of 50BMG reloading supplies, easilly four or five times the stock of stuff for 338. Do a lot of people shoot the 50 around there?

I'm in KC, technically i'm not in Kansas, 'cause i'm on the Misery side, but I used to drive out to Topeka all the time. Used to have a really good friend out there, but then he turned into a prick, so I quit talking to him.

Branden

• Haha
Reactions: TacT-MecH

Hello, I live in Wichita. Krebaum, are you a member of the Central Kansas Gun Club? I got my application in for membership.

Work in Kansas City anybody in the area have a lock on a better place to shoot than the Bullet Hole?

Parma Woods is nice but i really need a place where i don't have so many rules. I need to practice shooting on the move and fireing faster than once every 3 seconds. Mill Creek in Desoto is a nice outdoor range but it costs big money to shoot there.

Reactions: Chips26

try this link... http://www.kdwp.state.ks.us/news/Hunting also look around that site. plenty of free hunting areas. anyone near topeka there are highpower matches at capitol city every month i believe. 300 yards is the limit, but they do have a 500 yard station. i just dont think it gets shot. they have service rifle matches and garand matches as well as small bore and pistol. skeet & clays also. membership required, but anyone can shoot in the matches. just a small fee

hey topeka area people. i am done with my savage and i need a sight in spot. range is fine, pasture is fine. i just have to sight in and test some loads i metered out. i am thinking about calling mark the highpower director. he offered to take me out and show me around. id like to observe a match before i shoot in one. im sure i need a few things. maybe a chamber flag? gotta grab a single shot adaptor too. im free all week, let me know. thanks

i live in hutchinson kansas
i do alot of long range shooting here in kansas

Bumping an old thread...

I just moved to Lenexa. Any decent place to shoot, especially rifles? Already checked out the bullet hole, hopefully there's somewhere better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KOTM-Direct</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Parma Woods has a pistol and rifle range. Rifle is limited to 100 yards. </div></div>

Thanks for the suggestion, looks like a pretty decent place.

Same here. Just checking in to see how many MO/KS shooters are still active around the area.

I work for the man on FT Leavenworth, KS however live in the KCMO northland. If anyone wants to get together and shoot the breeze or know of any place to shoot at let me know.

-KB
202-656-7816

Another from Hutchinson here, Shoot P dogs in W KS mostly, looking to get my R700 barrel cryoed soon, does anyone know of a shop in the area that can do it? Just joined the Hide recently but I'm a 40 yr or so firearm enthusiast. Building a bolt gun right now. Hello to all, Regards.

ok so i have a few unfired weapons with scopes that need sighted in and im dying to get out beyond 100y somewhere. but next sunday is high power sight in day at the range. i dont know the details but ill call and ask.

http://www.capitalcitygunclub.com/

Here is a place that has been having some fun matches in central Ks. Matches are over for 2012 but will resume in 2013 I think they are gonna have one a month starting in January.

http://www.spearpointranch.com/

click on the long distance match for details.

Not from Kansas but have a buddy in harveyville south of you that has some longrange land he would let you on.

Overland Park......really nice range at Hillsdale Lake......200 yards max.......a lot better place to shoot than Parma Woods, Lake City. I would like to find a 1000 yard range not far away.

Kansas City here. I'd be willing to drive out to Topeka or Manhatten for somewhere longer than 100 yards.

Reactions: Bryan W M
I'm in Eskridge, can do 640yds all year, 750yds in cool half out to 800yds if off tripod. Have new land I'll be able to get close to 1800yds on, but have to build berm first. Slowly gettin' there !! :)

Reactions: Bryan W M
Kansas City here. I'd be willing to drive out to Topeka or Manhatten for somewhere longer than 100 yards.

Chips, check out Great Plains precision rifle range on Facebook or GreatPlainsprecision.com brand new range just opened a couple months ago. We have berms out to 500 currently, more distance coming soon. Just about every barricade imaginable. Currently hosting NRL22 there on the fourth Saturday of every month and have their first centerfire match on the 17th of August. There’s also mill creek rifle club in de Soto KS where you can shoot 300 and in. Plus all the pistol bays you can imagine.

Chips, check out Great Plains precision rifle range on Facebook or GreatPlainsprecision.com brand new range just opened a couple months ago. We have berms out to 500 currently, more distance coming soon. Just about every barricade imaginable. Currently hosting NRL22 there on the fourth Saturday of every month and have their first centerfire match on the 17th of August. There’s also mill creek rifle club in de Soto KS where you can shoot 300 and in. Plus all the pistol bays you can imagine.
Whoa this is great news! Any info on membership?
I've been to Mill Creek with a buddy but their membership requirements are frankly too much of a hassle, and they wont accept my SAF membership in place of the NRA.

Last edited:
Reactions: ajdemar215
Whoa this is great news! Any info on membership?
I've been to Mill Creek with a buddy but their membership requirements are frankly too much of a hassle.

Mill creek seems like it’s a lot to do but it’s really not terrible once you do it. And it’s cheap after your first year. Great Plains is kinda high but daylight to dark access, open range self RO’d and matches being hosted there with more coming it’s worth it. Right now you can get a year and half membership for $400