• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Anybody Seen this USO Test

It's throw back Thursday already?

Not to bad, change that impact area to concrete instead of sand, might have some issues.
Yes I'm sure concrete would do more damage eventually. I'd like to see all manufacturers of optics do the same test just to see what happens. That would be quite interesting to say the least.

Wasn't sand it was hard packed dirt. Notice the distance thrown vs the relatively small divot in the dirt. Also I was there when the vid was made. Same year at SHOT one of the owners took a 3.2-17 and beat it as hard as he could on a 3/4" piece of plywood four times, sounded like a .300 wm going off. Scared the shit out a bunch folks but the scope was fine. I shot tight groups with it and have taken three mulies, four whitetail and two speed goats. Seems no worse for wear.

I bought my two in 1999 and 2001. In 1999 I bought an SN-3 with a few options. I happened to live 6 miles from them. I heard about how good they were from a friend at the range so I just drove there one day and entered unannounced. I told someone I wanted to order a scope and wanted to talk to someone about it.

John Williams himself came out and we talked for 2 hours. He showed me around the facility. It was pretty impressive as I would have never thought a small shop like this could survive against Leupold and the other couple of mainstays back then.

When we talked about durability, he took me over to a bench with a few optics on it. He picked one up and said "this is what you want to buy". He immediately proceeded to smash it on the bench, bell first. I couldn't believe it! Scared the crap out of me because I didn't expect it. When I looked through it, I couldn't believe it wasn't toast.

Needless to say I was hooked. I still have both and they continue to work well.

BR,

I probably won't be doing that to mine but its refreshing to know that I now have a throwable object for getting the neighbors cat out of the tree.

My heart hurt 4 times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep I kind of felt the same that's a lot of jack to be throwing around for testing purposes.

Wasn't sand it was hard packed dirt. Notice the distance thrown vs the relatively small divot in the dirt. Also I was there when the vid was made. Same year at SHOT one of the owners took a 3.2-17 and beat it as hard as he could on a 3/4" piece of plywood four times, sounded like a .300 wm going off. Scared the shit out a bunch folks but the scope was fine. I shot tight groups with it and have taken three mulies, four whitetail and two speed goats. Seems no worse for wear.
I thought it looked hard packed the way it was bouncing around. Glad to hear it's still taking game, Congrats.

I bought my two in 1999 and 2001. In 1999 I bought an SN-3 with a few options. I happened to live 6 miles from them. I heard about how good they were from a friend at the range so I just drove there one day and entered unannounced. I told someone I wanted to order a scope and wanted to talk to someone about it.

John Williams himself came out and we talked for 2 hours. He showed me around the facility. It was pretty impressive as I would have never thought a small shop like this could survive against Leupold and the other couple of mainstays back then.

When we talked about durability, he took me over to a bench with a few optics on it. He picked one up and said "this is what you want to buy". He immediately proceeded to smash it on the bench, bell first. I couldn't believe it! Scared the crap out of me because I didn't expect it. When I looked through it, I couldn't believe it wasn't toast.

Needless to say I was hooked. I still have both and they continue to work well.

BR,
That's great news as I've heard John really cares about his scopes and customers. What's funny is I picked up an SN-3 1.8x10 an older one and about a week later I run across this video of the same USO I purchased. USO just sent me a manual on it as it pretty much came with nothing but the sunshade and ard. I'm going to put it on a Scar-17 and see what happens.

I probably won't be doing that to mine but its refreshing to know that I now have a throwable object for getting the neighbors cat out of the tree.
LOL!!