• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone else hate what they do for a living?

Re: Anyone else hate what they do for a living?

I LOVE what I do for a living.

As a good friend always said...Complaining is free and I complain freely, LOL
smile.gif

You should try being a painting contractor like me. Then you can have a primo suck job and make lousy money too, LOL.

Interesting isn't it? Making great money but hating your field of expertise. Yuh know, I wish I had at least one of them.

I've always made what I consider to be a stupidly low profit for my job, the most being $70,000 in one particularly good year, but averaging around $40,000 when the economy was still good.

And to think that I make much less than $40,000 now that the economy has taken a dump. No more deep sea fishing, track days, ATV trips, etc. All I can afford now is some trigger time. Could be worse in my financial life I guess??? but I do miss the other fun hobbies I had sometimes.

The best thing is that even though I haven't worked full time for the last 3 years I've enjoyed my time off. Lot's of time to find out that working my ass off for the green stuff wasn't all it was cracked up to be. I've found other things to do with my time, the most important aspect of the situation is being with family and friends more and doing more things at home. I just about have come to the conclusion that I'd rather be poor and enjoy the simple things in life than have money and be stressed out and what have you, with all the things that comes with having money.

I'm one of those that refuse to turn my hobby into my job. I've thought of it many times before but there are too many "have too's" in life already. My hobbies are staying in the "want too" category.

dsc0007lf.jpg

dsc0868nm.jpg

dsc0881r.jpg

dsc0031light.jpg

dsc01112db.jpg

dscf4628n.jpg

dscf4648upright.jpg

dscf4652upright.jpg

<span style="color: #000099"><span style="font-weight: bold">
Yea, my job, can't stand it!</span></span>
wink.gif

I'm not sure if I hate my job or just dealing with the crap. We always here your not working hard enough. I guess turning 35+ hours over what I work isn't good enough. But everybody I talk to is getting the same BS

I worked 25 years in emergency medicine: mountain rescue paramedic, and emergency medicine physician assistant. For the most part the position was at least head and sometimes even shoulders above the sea of feces and red tape that surrounds any job. That made it bearable.The worst part of the day? Clocking out.
I friken LOVED my work. Grabbing hold of someone on a steep wall who has a broken arm or leg, and is only in place because he is wedged in a big crack, and telling them, "I gotcha now, we're going home" is the greatest feeling in the world. Standing in an ER at midnight and patching a bad injury up for shipping out, and being able to think "I got this one, You are NOT going to die today" is so good.

What was fun in the beginning has slowly become a job, and with it, the monotony has arrived. Wooommmmppp Woooommmppp

Yea, i know what you mean...
I have a mechanical engineering education, & work in commercial HVAC sales. I consider myslef to be more of a "glorified printer jocky" these days.
CAN I GO HOME NOW?

I am grateful to have the job I do, but no, I do not like my job. I was just accepted a "promotion" from being an agreement (union) employee into a management position. In my previous capacity I had a lot more stress, a lot more responsability, more pressure and higher expectations. I've come to realize that the "promotion" I took is one where they were just looking for a warm body to fill a seat. I swear to you, I ask myself every single day at work, "What the fuck do they need me here for?". Only reason I took the job is because I saw it as a stepping stone in to a higher paying job, sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward..or so they tell me. I basically took a $12,000/year pay cut, work 20-40 hours a week more, get bored out of my mind and sit in a fucking cubicle that has no window. As soon as the lease runs up on the place I'm renting and I have my 1 year of my "relocation agreement" satisfied, I'm out..picking up my seniority and going to work every day with a shit eating grin on my face knowing I've got the best fucking job on the railroad.

I love my job....I just need a break from it once and a while.

Something I learned in the building trades; it didn't matter how good I did the job, there was always the next, and in the end, all I had to show for it was lungs full of crap from asbestos, fiberglass n other chemicals, and a paycheck. My father in law was an electrician. He is in his early 50s and on disability for nerve issues in his hands that were job related. Not much of a payoff if you ask me.