• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone else rock'n Kenetrek boots?

BAMAboy18

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2020
Got my mountain extremes in Dec on sale for $400. Not that there are any mountains here in LA (Lower Alabama). $150 boots only last me a year or so. They're pretty comfortable, feel great when I put them on, but feel great when they come off after a 12hr shift on concrete. This is the most I've spent on boots, but so far, I'm thinking it was a good investment

Been wearing Kenetrek Mountain Extreme's for many years while hunting. Great boots and I where I live we definitely have mountains. My everyday work boot are White's Packers.

Only boots I could find to fit well and not give me blisters Elk hunting in Rockies. Believe me, I paid the $180-$220 price tag on about 4 pair, carried extra socks of various thickness and moleskin to adjust during the hike, all fell short. Love my Kenetreks, wish i had found them earlier.

Reactions: DIBBS
Use kennetreks for two hunting seasons then rotate them to everyday wear or work boots for two years. Soles are smooth by then but you got your money’s worth.

Been wearing a pair of 400 gram hunters for a number of years. Most comfortable boots I own... just wish they had come out with the WIDE widths when I originally purchased. Very durable, lace up a new pair and hike 10 miles no blisters, rebuildable.

For woodcutting/firefighting though, I lace up my White Boots.

They can be resoled.
Yeah but by the time I’m smooth on the bottom they look like they have been through a wood chipper...long since lost water proof etc. It was over $200 plus shipping last time I got a quote from them to resole and fix a couple other things and that was probably 6-7yrs ago.

Yeah but by the time I’m smooth on the bottom they look like they have been through a wood chipper...long since lost water proof etc. It was over $200 plus shipping last time I got a quote from them to resole and fix a couple other things and that was probably 6-7yrs ago.
They just quoted me $175, but have a 3 month turn around time. Not sure what to do for 3 month, as I wear them daily.

I have several pairs.

I was impressed when my coworker got his foot in between a 300lb light pole and the ground when his rigging slipped. Went from about 4' up to the ground. Bent the toe box but saved his toes, not even a scratch. Just an annoyance because they didn't fit right anymore.
We ran to the store during lunch which just so happens to be their headquarters and they warrantied them. He tried to pay and they said no, we want those back.

Best boots ever made were the Raichle Montanas.
They no longer make them, unfortunatly.
I bought a pair in the early 90's and just finally threw them out about a year ago......only reason was the leather was starting to get moldy, they were essentially in near perfect condition other than that.
Next best Asolo Fugitive GTX.
Super comfortable right out of the box, zero break in, very durable.....NOT made in China, but in Romania.
Good shit, reasonable price for what you get.

Reactions: plong
Lowa Tibet boots. Nice fitting out of the box comfortable. I will say they run on the narrow side. Used to run Dannners but they wouldn’t last more than two years - either sole worn out or leather all cut up from scree. Lowa are twice the price but seem to last twice as long.

Unfortunately Asolo has gone down hill in my experience. The last set of Fugitives didn’t even make it 15 miles on a hike before the toe caps delaminated.
I’ve been rocking Aku’s for almost 2 years and they’ve held up to a myriad of abuse.

I do have a pair of kenetrek extreme winter boots that are super comfortable and crazy warm.

Reactions: Leftie
Well since there are new replies, I'll give y'all an update.
So just made a year in these. I have wide flat feet and wear out the outside of my heels in any footwear, these are no different. And not to mention; authritis in my ankles & knees so these give me the needed support. Obviously these are not made to be work boots. Leather has been kept conditioned and is fine, I did just break one lace. Still so comfortable every time I lace them up. I contacted them about having them re-soled, $175, okay, but 3 month turn around, yikes! Thinking I might try a pair hard tacticals?? Then I wouldn't miss these while they were on vacation, and they'd probably last many years not wearing them to work, 12hr shifts on concrete. Overall, very happy with them.

Kennetrek’s are great boots, don't fit my feet well though. Been rockin Crispi’s as my hiking/hunting boots the past 1.5 seasons, probably have around to 200 miles on them so far. Also a great boot. Whatever boot works, look at sheepfeet or lathrop and son’s insoles.

Lowa Tibets are what fit me best. There are lots of great boots from Lowa, Crispi, Kenetrek, Meindle, etc. but none of them fit the same.

Reactions: BAMAboy18
Have had and still have several Mountain Extremes. Great boots. They either fit or Crispis in my experience, but never both. Kenetreks for me.

I ran a set of the Kenetrek LPC ST 400gr all winter and even wore them hunting. Absolutely love them. Just picked up an uninsulated pair for the summer.

Best part was I got my boss to try them and he loved them so much he bought both our summer boots on the company dime.

I ran a set of the Kenetrek LPC ST 400gr all winter and even wore them hunting. Absolutely love them. Just picked up an uninsulated pair for the summer.

Best part was I got my boss to try them and he loved them so much he bought both our summer boots on the company dime.
Gotta love perks like that!

I didn’t like the fit. I wear Lowa Tibets and love them. Greased with kenetrek grease and they’re waterproof.
Yeah, it was pretty concerning to buy them without being able to try them on. I was thrilled that they fit true to size, 13W. Such is life, when you live in rural middle of nowhere.