• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Anyone ever cut into a manners carbon stock?

DODGER03

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
May 11, 2018
I've got a manners cs2 elite and just not digging the fat forearm rest. Wondering if anyone's ever grinded into one of these and then polished it back out. I just wanted to trip the sides down flat and make it similar to the regular cs thickness, but didn't know if it was carbon all the way through. Here is a pic of the rifle. This was just an idea. Don't really see myself cutting into a 1000 dollar stock lol
20191226_184152.jpg

The carbon shell is where the strength is, it got cut it away your stock will be significantly weakened. As well as the fill is very porous and wont be smooth.

Reactions: DODGER03
The carbon shell is where the strength is, it got cut it away your stock will be significantly weakened. As well as the fill is very porous and wont be smooth.

Perfect reply bud. Thats exactly what I was wondering if the carbon fiber would be smooth.