• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns anyone ever put together a m&p racegun?

Travis224

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2010
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Seen lots of cool glocks and a few xd versions made up, didnt know if one could be built up, i like the m&ps alot and want to try a build. Any ideas?

Re: anyone ever put together a m&p racegun?

I have one built for Limited but I have seen race guns and SSS has made a red dot sight mount for them also. I shoot major but a race gun in 9mm would be fun
smile.gif

If you need some help on getting parts or starting this build let me know I can help out and know the M&P well.

Yeah, for some reason Strange seems to like them S&W's.... Bless his heart.

Might want to check out here,
http://www.apextactical.com/blog/index.php/random-apex/going-crazy-with-an-open-class-mp/

Here is the Limited gun I built. All you would need to do is get the 170mm base pads to hold more rounds along with a SSS sight holder and of course a C-more sight or red dot of choice.
I added the KKM barrel,
SSS Tugsten guide rod,
SSS magwell,
SSS extractor
Taylor Freelance Base Pads,
High power mag springs,
Lightening on the slide.
Stippled Grip and finger points along with trigger.
Duracoated the slide.
Green Fiber optic front sight,
Burwell Rear Sight,
Trigger Job and Apex comp spring set.

33vmg6a.jpg

24zj8tt.jpg

1zfhgn9.jpg

18opvq.jpg

That is an awesome gun! Thanks for posting, just wanted to see if anyone tried it and see how they did it.

I was at a USPSA match and one guy in our squad was shooting a 9 major open gun. After the chrono stage I stayed clear of him when he shot! I didn't know you get a 9mm bullet to go that fast!

Glock Jockey (SJC Guns) is actually in the process of cooking one of these up as well. You can check it out at the url and follow their progress via facebook.

http://stores.sjcguns.com/StoreFront.bok

They may not disclose an awful lot about the build but could be interesting nonetheless.

That Apex 9L build is pretty sexy.