• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Anyone from Middle Tennessee ?

Magforce

Private
Minuteman
Aug 30, 2009
Lebanon, Tennessee, USA
Hello to everyone,
Today is my first day on Sniper's Hide and it seems like a great place. Just curious how many other folks are from the Middle Tennessee Area?

Re: Anyone from Middle Tennessee ?

Another one from Chattanooga here
laugh.gif

my parents just relocated to hendersonville. im thinking of moving there as well... where in the hell can you shoot at within an hour or two of there??

Hey, Brutus,

There a quite a few of us from middle TN, but the guys I know live around Manchester and McMinnville. If you decide to move, give "The Reloader's Bench" in Mt. Juliet a call. They are about halfway between Hendersonville and Manchester. Should be able to give some dope on ranges nearby. The only places I know of would be an hour and half or so for you.

David

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: st33ve0</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another one from Chattanooga here
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Chattanooga also.

Sorry about posting in the Middle TN thread. Maybe we should start a Chattanooga thread.

Im in Ft Campbell/ Clarksville area and new to the forum:)

There is the Gallatin Shooting Range and its only about 10 minutes from hendersonville, There is also a place in Murfreesboro which is about 30 minutes from Hendersonville. I image a few others close by. Im in Lebanon if you need anything once you get here just look me up www.magnumforceballistics.com

Portland TN-Westmorland
Between the two... Welcome Middle TN Folk where the Range is
off the back Porch....
Thanks,
George of the Jungle

Not yet.. But I have a piece of land on Signal Mountain. Can't wait to get down there for good.

I am in La Vergne... Love to shoot and I am always looking for a place with the ability to shoot prone... I need to borrow some money and buy some land... LOL

Awesome to see so many folks from Tennessee, if we can find a good place to get together and shoot we could have a blast. I may know of a place that has 1000 Yrds + with some steel targets if I can get it reserved how many of you would be interested in doing that for a weekend or something? Maybe if we have enough folks we can keep the cost to a min.

I'm just getting into the target shooting world. Hopped over from the shotgun sports world and am looking for a place to shoot my 5R for the first time. I'm from Jackson.

I am either at work or law school most of the time, but if you come around Manchester, I may be able to put you onto a local range.

Recently retired and south of Nashville close to Henry Horton State Park. Bought a farm and will be opening the Rockin R Ranch Long Range Rifle, Combat Pistol and Recon Training facility.

Nashville here,
used to shoot DCM Matches now its the CMP so it has been awhile..

Switchblade,.. you mean the distorted cigars are getting closer ?
smile.gif

Mostly I run .30-06 but it is great seeing what you guys have built up and how technology has come in 20 years..

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fighthard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Chattanooga and Signal Mountain here, some of us need to get together for a beer. </div></div>

Hell we live in each others back yard!..

Signal Mtn here too!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MSG Janoski</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Recently retired and south of Nashville close to Henry Horton State Park. Bought a farm and will be opening the Rockin R Ranch Long Range Rifle, Combat Pistol and Recon Training facility. </div></div>

Do you have a time frame for when this will be open?

South of Murfreesboro here. Looking for a place to shoot some distance! I have a few favors I can offer in exchange for occasional access to a place. Also interested in a hunting lease/club.

hey guys, im in murfreesboro. i know that AEDC in tullahoma has 1000yrds but i dont know many details. anyone with any info post it up please, also if anyone has some land and want to do some UKD i have three steel silhouettes and i'd love to share.

I live in the boro also!
I have shot AEDC for the past several years. 1000yd matches are set only when the range is not in use by the military which varies alot from year to year.
Fatboy, arranges the matches, you might pm him for info.
So far there are no matches listed for this year but may change at any time. I would love to have a place to do some long range practice.......

I am from Hopkinsville. Looking for some places to shoot. Had put the rifles up for a few years but I plan on shooting some this year.

Got my GAP 338 from a member on here and soon after got tied up with work....Probably has 20 rounds ran through it.
frown.gif

Those of you from West TN and Middle TN...Mckenzie, Paris area. Give me a shout if you would like to shoot. I got a little room to shoot and plenty of places to hunt. We need to get a good group of us from the Hide together like other states.

By the way..theres a gun show this weekend in Jackson. Ill be there for awhile on Sat. The gun club I belong to in Paris will be finishing a 600yd range in the spring. I would imagine will get some mid range comps goin up there.

The guys from Hopkinsville and Ft. Campbell area. Unless your military I would check out Montgomery Shooting Complex to shoot at. Google them and check out there website for more info.

Live in Jackson, Tn and have a couple of places to shoot. 500 and 1200 at different places when the crops are not in and love to deer and turkey hunt. Always up for meeting and shooting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cmnspwr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BDH, I'm not far from you. I live/go to school in Martin. Maybe we could meet up one day? </div></div>

Absolutely. Shoot me a pm anytime. Im goin to the gun show Sat for a little while then I plan on returning home for a little shooting as long as the weather is what it says its goin to be.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Centerfire1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Live in Jackson, Tn and have a couple of places to shoot. 500 and 1200 at different places when the crops are not in and love to deer and turkey hunt. Always up for meeting and shooting. </div></div>

Sounds like me centerfire. If anyone is up for some coyote huntin...I got about 1500acres up in Puryear, TN to have a little fun on.

By the way gents the name is Brad. You want to shoot, hunt, reload, have a beer whatever give me a pm. Also CMN...I actually live on the edge of Gleason and Como...so Im a little closer to you.

Puryear? Thats right beside the mall and across the street from Puryear International Airport isn't it? LOL

Only 57 miles from here. You do any turkey hunting? Thats my spring addiction when I'm not launching Bergers.

I use to live in Chattanooga for a long time. I may go back some day. I live in Sequatchie Co.,TN and still go to Chattanooga regularly. Part of Signal MTn is in my county. A get together from those in the area would be nice.
Any of you from chattanooga a member of Chattanooga Rifle Club? I am and if you are some of us can get together there.

Centerfire,
You know Mr.Charles Allen? Its funny you mentioned Airport cause he actually has a paved landing strip on the property. Never Turkey hunted but would love to learn and this property has bucket full of them. This property especially the wooded area of section 6 doesnt even match up with its surroundings. It almost reminds me of middle east TN. Absolutely beautiful.

Well I would absolutely love to come up and give you some lessons on outsmarting the toms. Its a ton of fun from daylight to dark unlike Deer. Turkeys move all day so its non stop action.

Currently in Knoxville, probably elsewhere come April

Looks like we have a suggestion to meet up... lets make it happen!!!