• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone have a Remington 5R .223?

rich56

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2007
Union NJ
Thinking of getting one. Been seeing them on GunBroker. If you have one hows the fit and finish? How is the accuracy with what bullets? Thanks.

Re: Anyone have a Remington 5R .223?

Yes, I have one. Got it off of Gunbroker when they first were available. The guy I got it from was selling them for $840 shipped and I couldn't pass it up. Fit and finish is great. I don't really care for the stock. I don't like palm swells. Trigger is crisp but heavy. Haven't shot it yet so I can't report on how it shoots. Overall, it's a pretty nice gun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ol Rob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If only they were 1:8 twist. </div></div>

I think you speak for just about everybody.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diggler1833</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ol Rob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If only they were 1:8 twist. </div></div>

I think you speak for just about everybody.

</div></div>

+1 ...

Re: Anyone have a Remington 5R .223? Got it

I got it, Everyone wants a 1/8 twist and the rifle has 1/9. My RRA Varmint has 1/8 and shoots 75 grain bullets great, what weight will 1/9 handle?.
I thought it would do 77s. I do like Remington but I never said they kept up latest trends or technology. Right now their big breakthough is funky 3 flute barrels.

Re: Anyone have a Remington 5R .223? Got it

You "should" be able to shoot 75gr Amax. But you will have to try them. Work up in small increments and push them out to the lands.
YMMV-Rob