• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Anyone have a ZCO 420 Tremor 3?

redneckbmxer24

Four Star General
Minuteman
  • Jan 15, 2005
    Gulf Coast, FL
    I’ve google searches and it doesn’t really bring up anything. Does anyone have one?

How visible is the reticle at 4x? I don’t expect to see .2 hash marks well defined, but is the reticle usable for an aiming point without searching for it?

How is it in low light? What mag do you need to run it at to be visible the last few minutes of legal shooting light?

Does anyone in the Tampa area have a ZCO420 with any flavor reticle I could fondle in exchange for a burger and a beer?

Never heard of the HortaRet-XXX?

Horus is done. Stick a fork in them.
    Butt - are we ready for T3's successor - the DTR !!?? :eek:

dtrv2-500x500.jpg

Note the inclusion of DA and distance and wind dots WITH aero jump (hence the wind dots are correctly slanted) - the reticle IS the ballistic calculator !!! :D

I'm afraid if I gotta DTR I'd wind up having to switch ALL my long distance guns to DTR - and I can't afford it right now :D

So sticking with the ole T3 for now ...

• Love
    Reactions: TheHorta
    Butt - are we ready for T3's successor - the DTR !!?? :eek:

dtrv2-500x500.jpg

Note the inclusion of DA and distance and wind dots WITH aero jump (hence the wind dots are correctly slanted) - the reticle IS the ballistic calculator !!! :D

I'm afraid if I gotta DTR I'd wind up having to switch ALL my long distance guns to DTR - and I can't afford it right now :D

So sticking with the ole T3 for now ...

That thing looks terrible. I love the Tremor 3 and don’t find it busy or cluttered. I like that I can use wind dots or traditional wind holds, and I like the mover brackets and they work extremely well. It has its limitations in low light though to the point of it being not very good which has been why my only complaint about it in any of the T3 scopes I’ve had and it’s been about the same in all of them.

I don’t like the $500 price tag though when I’m already looking at spending basically double what I had planned for this optic.

Reactions: CSTactical
    ... I love the Tremor 3 and don’t find it busy or cluttered. I like that I can use wind dots or traditional wind holds, and I like the mover brackets and they work extremely well ...

You know I agree - we've huddled on this topic for eons ...

However, the wind dots not being slanted - means they don't account for aero jump. and further out we need that. So, I am starting a move to get into 7 PRC (to load the 190 atip, g7 0.417 per BL) and what reticle ? I don't rule out the T3, but I am willing to include others in the candidate pool as I figure I'll mostly dial over 1000. Whereas for the past 8 years I mostly been holding under 1000.

I’ve google searches and it doesn’t really bring up anything. Does anyone have one?

How visible is the reticle at 4x? I don’t expect to see .2 hash marks well defined, but is the reticle usable for an aiming point without searching for it?

How is it in low light? What mag do you need to run it at to be visible the last few minutes of legal shooting light?

Does anyone in the Tampa area have a ZCO420 with any flavor reticle I could fondle in exchange for a burger and a beer?

Hopefully @Squibbler to the rescue with some great reticle pics :)

Yup, I'm here... I've been all work and no play. But duty calls and I'll get some pics this weekend and help a brother out

• Love
    Reactions: CSTactical
    I REALLY like that MPCT3. There’s a very high likelihood that I’m going to have to drink too much bourbon on Friday and give you a call.

Um, just a quick question.

What kind of bourbon? 😆

@Schütze I know yours is a 5-25, what reticle do you have? The difference between 4x and 5x should be minimal.
    Could be a burger and a beer in it for you. 🍔🍺🍺

Um, just a quick question.

What kind of bourbon? 😆

@Schütze I know yours is a 5-25, what reticle do you have? The difference between 4x and 5x should be minimal.
    Could be a burger and a beer in it for you. 🍔🍺🍺
    Mine is with a MPCT 2.

Is that what you retiree’s do, bourbon 🥃 for breakfast? No wonder you’re going to get nothing done….🤣

I’m about 90% certain on ordering a 4-20 MPCT3. I’ve talked to a couple buddies that have time behind them and have nothing but good things to say. I’d still really like to put my hands on one first though. The only person I know with one somewhat close is 3hr away.

Mine is with a MPCT 2.

Is that what you retiree’s do, bourbon 🥃 for breakfast? No wonder you’re going to get nothing done….🤣

Hey, I'm all the way over in Town & Country.
    Had to drive the Crosstown, go through Malfunction Junction and up the Veteran's.

I need a bourbon at this point. 🤣

Reactions: Schütze

I'm gonna try to not get carried away and write an essay on reticles. I'll try and answer your specific questions

"T3 at 4x?"
    It's doable, although not as reflexive for close yardage as the MPCT series. The MPCT series has the thicker perimeter stadia starting at 8 mil. Whereas if I need to use the tree I feel the advantage goes to T3 because the wind dots double duty as landmarks for quicker orientation at lower mag levels. I have been switching to more T3 because I feel I can orientate my holds faster with T3 at lower mag levels. I felt it was important for me to be able to orientate quickly for the center and to the 1mil mark. This allows me to be faster for anything inside 350. With MPCT 1&2 I found myself lagging too much to orientate quickly (no landmarks for 1mil). Switching to MPCT 3 gave me a landmark at 1mil but as I kept trying to gain FOV with lower mag levels that "see thru" circle got harder to acquire. Hence, I found with T3 I could pickup one mil faster because of the enlarged 4th wind dot serving as a landmark.

"How is it in low light? What mag do you need to run it at to be visible the last few minutes of legal shooting light?"

This is where it gets interesting and the answer varies. I would ask what are your expectations and what type of shooting? And also illuminated reticle or not?

For close range quick acquisition, without illumination, I would say 10x is about where you need to be to pick up against woodline (difficult) backgrounds. Otherwise with illumination 4x is doable (you can find that small red center dot). Overall though not as reflexive for quick and close as MPCT series with thick perimeter stadia and full bright reticle illumination.

T3's illumination is unique and IMO is the best illumination for distance precision. This is because it has bright dots at the center and then every 2mil mark. You can easily orientate, yet the illumination is not there to obscure the target you are trying to focus on. Whereas with many full illuminated reticles, the target gets obscured, even on the lowest settings as the sun goes down.

Here's some pics that hopefully demonstrate what I'm saying.

T3 @ 4x
    IMG_20231022_114343876~2.jpg

T3 @ 10x
    IMG_20231022_120551897~2.jpg

T3 @ 15x
    IMG_20231022_120918938~2.jpg

T3 @ 20x
    IMG_20231022_121549800~2.jpg

T3 @ lowlight & 10x
    IMG_20231022_180900796~2.jpg

MPCT 3 @ lowlight & 10x
    IMG_20231022_182651056~2.jpg

T3 @ lowlight and illuminated 4x
    IMG_20231022_183411907~2.jpg

MPCT 3 @ lowlight and illuminated 4x
    IMG_20231022_182838557~2.jpg

T3 at dark full power illumination
    IMG_20231022_162137446~2.jpg

T3 at dark roughly half power illumination
    IMG_20231022_161750716~2.jpg

Hopefully this helps. If I were near Tampa I'd definitely do a burger & beer. Although would prefer whiskey.

I'm gonna try to not get carried away and write an essay on reticles. I'll try and answer your specific questions

"T3 at 4x?"
    It's doable, although not as reflexive for close yardage as the MPCT series. The MPCT series has the thicker perimeter stadia starting at 8 mil. Whereas if I need to use the tree I feel the advantage goes to T3 because the wind dots double duty as landmarks for quicker orientation at lower mag levels. I have been switching to more T3 because I feel I can orientate my holds faster with T3 at lower mag levels. I felt it was important for me to be able to orientate quickly for the center and to the 1mil mark. This allows me to be faster for anything inside 350. With MPCT 1&2 I found myself lagging too much to orientate quickly (no landmarks for 1mil). Switching to MPCT 3 gave me a landmark at 1mil but as I kept trying to gain FOV with lower mag levels that "see thru" circle got harder to acquire. Hence, I found with T3 I could pickup one mil faster because of the enlarged 4th wind dot serving as a landmark.

"How is it in low light? What mag do you need to run it at to be visible the last few minutes of legal shooting light?"

This is where it gets interesting and the answer varies. I would ask what are your expectations and what type of shooting? And also illuminated reticle or not?

For close range quick acquisition, without illumination, I would say 10x is about where you need to be to pick up against woodline (difficult) backgrounds. Otherwise with illumination 4x is doable (you can find that small red center dot). Overall though not as reflexive for quick and close as MPCT series with thick perimeter stadia and full bright reticle illumination.

T3's illumination is unique and IMO is the best illumination for distance precision. This is because it has bright dots at the center and then every 2mil mark. You can easily orientate, yet the illumination is not there to obscure the target you are trying to focus on. Whereas with many full illuminated reticles, the target gets obscured, even on the lowest settings as the sun goes down.

Here's some pics that hopefully demonstrate what I'm saying.

T3 @ 4x
    View attachment 8255139

T3 @ 10x
    View attachment 8255142

T3 @ 15x
    View attachment 8255141

T3 @ 20x
    View attachment 8255140

T3 @ lowlight & 10x
    View attachment 8255151

MPCT 3 @ lowlight & 10x
    View attachment 8255150

T3 @ lowlight and illuminated 4x
    View attachment 8255148

MPCT 3 @ lowlight and illuminated 4x
    View attachment 8255149

T3 at dark full power illumination
    View attachment 8255163

T3 at dark roughly half power illumination
    View attachment 8255164

Hopefully this helps. If I were near Tampa I'd definitely do a burger & beer. Although would prefer whiskey.

Thanks for all the pics. I ended up going with the MPCT3.