• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone have any experience with the LaRue Tactical Rem 700 mount

madisonsfinest

Private
Minuteman
May 13, 2009
Like the title says, I'm curious if anyone has experience with the- LT113S-20 (short action w/ 20 MOA built-in)? They go for $75.00 which is about half the price of some of the other mounts. I've had other LaRue products which have been very well made. Thanks for any input.

I have no experience with the Larue bases. However, I do have experience with Seekins Precision, as do countless other members here, who appreciate their fine workmanship and attention to detail. And the Seekins bases are only $99.99......Picatinny Scope Bases

Buy what you like, like what you buy.

I have installed one on a Rem 700, but it is the zero MOA version. No complaints at all. It mates up fine with any MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny rings, scope base, or one of the Laure mounts. They recommend putting some Loctite under the base where it mates with the top of the receiver.

It's not lugged if that makes a difference to you. Other than that, it's a rail. As long as it's in-spec and machined and finished well, there really isn't a whole heap of difference between them.

Sorry Johnny I'm a noob with this stuff, so would you mind explaining the "lugged" comment. Please explain the significance of it being lugged, and I'm assuming that the $150 bases are lugged? Thanks

I have both the LT113 SA w/20MOA as well as the LT178 for the Ruger 10/22. Both work great (I know you did not ask about the second but thought perspective on more than one base and the experience would be good).

A lugged scope base is for a slotted action. Here is a link to a lugged scope base, you can see the lugs at the bottom that would fit into slots on your action. Hopefully that makes sense and helps... Badger Ordnance Maximized Lugged Scope 1 Piece Rail

That is not what he was talking about. He was meaning a small recoil lug machined into the base which catches the front of any normal 700 ejection port. Not that one you posted which is meant for a clip slotted action.

Have a 20MOA SA on mine and it required no bedding. The free goodies are a plus too.

Usually, the reason any base needs bedded is the receiver being out, not the base.

To the OP:

While the machining may be good, the design of that, and many of the other LaRue base/rings/mount designs are just not a great design. I'd pass.

Usually, the reason any base needs bedded is the receiver being out, not the base.

To the OP:

While the machining may be good, the design of that, and many of the other LaRue base/rings/mount designs are just not a great design. I'd pass.

I realize that, just saying my rifle/base combo required no bedding. Just curious, but if the machining is good and the base is level/true etc..., what makes it a not so great design? I'm not a big fan of their QD mounts but if it doesn't shift or move under recoil, what more could a scope base deliver?