• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone have any luck with pEMF for pain besides on horses?

UKDslayer

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 29, 2005
    Texas
    I'm not sure what I think of this treatment, but I am intrigued. I know there are a number of equestrians that swear by it for their top tier horses; but does has anyone here used it or know someone who has with either good or bad results? I know some people are freaked by pEMF just because of the onslaught of Havana syndrome in the US round Washington lately, but I'm sure that has to be much different intensities and wavelengths.

Diathermy or Radiothermy has been around for a long time. Using substantially lower power than a microwave oven, a radiothermy unit warms subcutaneous tissue by causing water molecules to generate heat by friction. (Specific frequencies called waterlines excite water molecules to align with the wave. Since the wave alternates 1-5 Billion times per second, the water molecules rub against each other and generate a lot of heat proportional to the energy being transmitted. This allows the warming if internal tissue).
    Unlike a microwave oven, diathermy / radiothermy energy is usually inducted via a small antenna that sits over the tissue to be warmed, but at substantially lower power.

On the other hand, if you want to remotely drive someone nuts, or create buzzing or voices in their ears, you could repurpose a microwave oven’s magnetron tube by adding a high gain directional antenna, and an input to modulate the microwave output and point it at them, creating your very own Havana syndrome generator.
    Or a very long range audio transmission system.
    (the moniker “Havana Syndrome “ may be new, but the technology/ capability is old)

Last edited:
    My parents have a used machine they bought from a chiropractor for a discount. Wasn't cheap, about $13k four years ago. They use it every night and believe it helps. Although the marketing pamphlet is filled with total nonsense like "aligns blood cells" and "purges toxins". My view is that it gives a deep massage by stimulating muscles with the pulses. Could also be something it does that isn't fully understood. I haven't seen them run into any side effects over the years since purchasing.

Here is the unit:

pulse-for-life-pemf-pulsed-electromagnetic-field-therapy-equipment.jpg

Reactions: UKDslayer
    My parents have a used machine they bought from a chiropractor for a discount. Wasn't cheap, about $13k four years ago. They use it every night and believe it helps. Although the marketing pamphlet is filled with total nonsense like "aligns blood cells" and "purges toxins". My view is that it gives a deep massage by stimulating muscles with the pulses. Could also be something it does that isn't fully understood. I haven't seen them run into any side effects over the years since purchasing.

Here is the unit:

pulse-for-life-pemf-pulsed-electromagnetic-field-therapy-equipment.jpg

Man, I'm gonna be honest first thing I thought was, could make my Dick feel funny?

Last edited: