• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Anyone have David Bowie mod their M&P?

Red Ryder

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 2, 2004
Pittsburgh, PA
Decided some mods are in order for my M&P and so I did some research and came up with David Bowie. Has anyone had them mod their M&P? From his website, he also does Glock mods.

As always, thanks for your responses.

Re: Anyone have David Bowie mod their M&P?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carter Mayfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ch-ch-ch-changes... (to your M&P) </div></div>
Hahahahaha! Nice.

David has done both of my Glocks. I have seen and shot a few of the M&Ps he has done. I think his work is top notch. He sees thousands upon thousands of rounds go downrange every year and knows what works and what doesn't. I see your in PA. It would probably be worth a drive down to West Union and see his demo guns laying around. He has a few M&Ps on display for TDI students.

Dave works is top notch. He's done 5 guns for me, 2 of them M&P's. The stippling is top notch and durable. He stipples them more more aggressively on the front and backstrap, and smaller and more shallow on the sides. You can ask him to make the stippling rough for gloves, or softer for carry, and you can soften them even more if needed with 400-600 grit. The magwell cutouts are nice if you get a stuck mag, but the best part on the M&P is his LX trigger job. They break like a single action 1911..it's really super impressive.

Got my Glock done by David and his work is Top Notch!!!

TYB422 I saw his website description of the L and S trigger mods. Do you have any experience with either? Despite the descriptions, I'm still not quite sure of which to choose. What I'm looking for is very short takeup and re-set. I guess what I'm looking for is the closest thing I can get to a rifle trigger. This is because I shoot more rifle than pistol and I know what to expect with a rifle trigger. Any recommendations?

Many thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carter Mayfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ch-ch-ch-changes... (to your M&P) </div></div>

I would be afraid he would turn her into some kind of "oddity."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RedRyder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TYB422 I saw his website description of the L and S trigger mods. Do you have any experience with either? Despite the descriptions, I'm still not quite sure of which to choose. What I'm looking for is very short takeup and re-set. I guess what I'm looking for is the closest thing I can get to a rifle trigger. This is because I shoot more rifle than pistol and I know what to expect with a rifle trigger. Any recommendations?

Many thanks. </div></div>

RedRyder, I was looking for the same characteristics like you are, and Dave said the LX would be the way to go.

-Tyler

I have a G19 and G34 that Dave did grip jobs too. I carry my 19 everyday and really love it. The 34 is great also, just be careful because if you plan on shooting it in comps then the grip job will put you out of production class. His work is really top notch. I can email you a couple pictures of the work he did for me if you'd like.