• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone have info on CRB/Custom Rifle Barrels?

I got the opportunity to take a jtac class and got to talk to him about it. I like where he wants to take the business and think the qc on these are going to be amazing. Hope to nab one in the coming months.

1704809811558.png

Hopefully he can do better then hawk hill was doing. Several people I know had serious pressure issues with them.

Also the barrels he’s sending out seem fancy but you have to pay for those fancy boxes they come in. Seems like he’s gonna try and be the “do it for the ‘gram” barrel business

Anyone heard of a price for a blank yet?

Reactions: Mj30wilson900
Depending on how you look at it.... Someone new to looking for a custom barrel maker would likely type in "custom rifle barrels" and that would likely be at the top of the results.
Only if you pay Google.

If you type in custom rifle barrel in Google, you have way different results

Only if you pay Google.

If you type in custom rifle barrel in Google, you have way different results
Screenshot_20240109_111148_Google.jpg

I highly doubt shaw and hart are spending millions or even thousands to be at the top of this list. Hart is at the top simply because they have "custom rifle barrels" in their website. Only reason CRB isn't coming up is because they don't have a website(at least to my knowledge). The one listed on the FB page isn't setup yet. Either way they'll be on page one just because of the name.

LOL you nitwits are going back and forth about a business name and google searches when the reality is that the guy is connected and has a reputation, he bought barrel making equipment from someone with a reputation and he'll likely have a several month to half a year or more backlog on blanks before the month is over.

The fact some newb that knows nothing about barrels and probably doesn't want to spend more than ballistic advantage money on a full barrel can't quickly pull the company up on google means jack shit.

This company would sell a crap ton of barrels if they named the business "Tomato Stakes Unlimited"

We will see. Shawns barrels were awesome because of Shawn. Luckily i got a source for the remaining HH blanks, have one being spun up now.

We have seen more than a few times guys selling out their barrel making business/equipment and quality going to shit. Time will tell.

That name tho.... For real? LOL

LOL you nitwits are going back and forth about a business name and google searches when the reality is that the guy is connected and has a reputation, he bought barrel making equipment from someone with a reputation and he'll likely have a several month to half a year or more backlog on blanks before the month is over.

The fact some newb that knows nothing about barrels and probably doesn't want to spend more than ballistic advantage money on a full barrel can't quickly pull the company up on google means jack shit.

This company would sell a crap ton of barrels if they named the business "Tomato Stakes Unlimited"
What's even funnier is that you think your always negative troll like opinion is even wanted. Even when you say things based in truth you say them in such a stupid hateful way that no one wants to agree with you...

What's even funnier is that you think your always negative troll like opinion is even wanted. Even when you say things based in truth you say them in such a stupid hateful way that no one wants to agree with you...

Coming from someone that has an issue with a company that makes custom rifle barrels being named custom rifle barrels, your opinion of how I word things means fuck all to me.

He'll sell barrels based on reputation no doubt. Probably won't get any business from a random, clueless person googling rifle barrels, I bet nobody gets business from that in the bolt action world.

Its akin to me opening a shop that only does oil changes and calling it "Oil Change Place" though lol. Just kinda silly. I also am a lazy fuck and don't ever bookmark or type in website urls. I google the site name then click on the first link. Google "snipershide" to get here. Google "mdt chassis" to get to MDTs site. Google "Bartlen barrels" and it corrects my spelling and takes me to their site.

That's a me problem.

Coming from someone that has an issue with a company that makes custom rifle barrels being named custom rifle barrels, your opinion of how I word things means fuck all to me.
Where did I say that or anything negative about the name? Please quote it... It's quite obvious you don't even read before shit posting.

We will see. Shawns barrels were awesome because of Shawn. Luckily i got a source for the remaining HH blanks, have one being spun up now.

We have seen more than a few times guys selling out their barrel making business/equipment and quality going to shit. Time will tell.

That name tho.... For real? LOL

I agree.

The equipment itself only gets you do far. The human input makes a huge difference.

I've had Hawkhills in the past (and they were great), but I'll stick to Krieger/Brux/Bartlein for now.

I still don't see their website up. Is my Google fu just weak or is it not up yet? If its up, link?

No he doesn't have a website up yet. I THINK he has something on his Ace Brake website but I'm not sure if it's barrels or apparel

Will be curious to hear initial feedback on these barrels.

I would be very surprised if there isn't any "teething" issues that need to be sorted out.

Austin already has more demand for his barrels than he can keep up with…..and that’s just from smiths ordering. In the near future, I’d say 90% of all Impact prefits will be CRB (except Proofs). Once Impact/Stuteville run out of the current stock of Bartlien, most all their built rifles will be CRB barrels.

If you don’t know Austin, he’s not the type of guy to do anything less than 110%. He’s a very intelligent individual. He personally does QC on every barrel that is made. There is also another very respected/skilled member of the shooting community that will be added to the CRB operation to further insure consistency and quality.

I have 3 new CRB barrels already chambered in Dasher that I’ll be shooting soon. I have no doubts about the quality.

I’d bet that either in 2024 or 2025 the PRS will be won with someone shooting CRB barrels.

But hey…..yall just keep being internet shit talkers. I’m sure yall probably said the same shit about Tate when he started Impact….and that name pretty much speaks for itself now in the shooting community.

Austin already has more demand for his barrels than he can keep up with…..and that’s just from smiths ordering. In the near future, I’d say 90% of all Impact prefits will be CRB (except Proofs). Once Impact/Stuteville run out of the current stock of Bartlien, most all their built rifles will be CRB barrels.

If you don’t know Austin, he’s not the type of guy to do anything less than 110%. He’s a very intelligent individual. He personally does QC on every barrel that is made. There is also another very respected/skilled member of the shooting community that will be added to the CRB operation to further insure consistency and quality.

I have 3 new CRB barrels already chambered in Dasher that I’ll be shooting soon. I have no doubts about the quality.

I’d bet that either in 2024 or 2025 the PRS will be won with someone shooting CRB barrels.

But hey…..yall just keep being internet shit talkers. I’m sure yall probably said the same shit about Tate when he started Impact….and that name pretty much speaks for itself now in the shooting community.
One of my first thoughts when seeing CRB was whats going to happen with the Bartlein supplies and the partnership with Impact.

He does all that for now. Let’s see how it fairs 5 years from now.

I’d like a CRB but damn $$$

I don't think anyone is doubting Austin or his abilities.

But there's always aspects and nuances to learn when taking on a new endeavor. No matter how smart or skilled you are, there's a learning curve, and that comes with making mistakes.

That's just how these things work. It will take time to get dialed in, and learn all the nuances of this new trade. I'm sure Austin will be successful in his endeavors. I'm also sure he's going to learn a lot along the way - and that comes from mistakes.

Reactions: Lynn313
Something that's interesting is look at the history of our barrel markers. Virtually all off them are from the Wisconsin area and trace back to Boots. From there guys would branch out and start their own shop and then again. The difference was guys spent years working in a shop making the best barrels money can buy before branching out or trying some new way to make them. Not to say Austin won't be successful, I am sure he will get it figured out; but to assume someone with little /no barrel making experience is going to hit the ground running with no issues when it took the best in the business years to get there is a tall order. I have heard from a few trusted shooters that hawk hills quality started to dive towards the end which is concerning. I just had one spun up so and broken in so I guess we will see how she does.

Even a company like Geissele who has the financial backing and can throw money at the problem is slow rolling their new barrels to ensure everything is perfect. My prediction is they are going to take over a large part of the market when they are at full capacity running a bunch of machines that they had custom built for this.

ACE is also making cut rifle centerfire barrels and they are hitting the market. There is alot more competition out there than ever, which is a great thing for shooters. Hopefully it drives blank prices down, they are starting to get ridiculous.

Something that's interesting is look at the history of our barrel markers. Virtually all off them are from the Wisconsin area and trace back to Boots. From there guys would branch out and start their own shop and then again. The difference was guys spent years working in a shop making the best barrels money can buy before branching out or trying some new way to make them. Not to say Austin won't be successful, I am sure he will get it figured out; but to assume someone with little /no barrel making experience is going to hit the ground running with no issues when it took the best in the business years to get there is a tall order. I have heard from a few trusted shooters that hawk hills quality started to dive towards the end which is concerning. I just had one spun up so and broken in so I guess we will see how she does.

Even a company like Geissele who has the financial backing and can throw money at the problem is slow rolling their new barrels to ensure everything is perfect. My prediction is they are going to take over a large part of the market when they are at full capacity running a bunch of machines that they had custom built for this.

ACE is also making cut rifle centerfire barrels and they are hitting the market. There is alot more competition out there than ever, which is a great thing for shooters. Hopefully it drives blank prices down, they are starting to get ridiculous.
Im curious what direction Impact will take with their prefits. ie stay with Bartlein or go elsewhere.

I would safely guess having a top barrel maker, and gunsmith in the same state would make me think cbr would be the choice for I'm state stuff. Now whether ga precision or atlas or the others that carry impact actions follow suit, hard to say

I would safely guess having a top barrel maker, and gunsmith in the same state would make me think cbr would be the choice for I'm state stuff. Now whether ga precision or atlas or the others that carry impact actions follow suit, hard to say

I think it's a bit premature to call CRB a "top barrel maker".

I forget it bothers people lol. But fair enough. In state stock, barrel blank maker, action, muzzle brake, and gunsmith. Austin did joke about trying to get nick to bring hawkins I'm state at shot show. 🥵☺️

I forget it bothers people lol. But fair enough. In state stock, barrel blank maker, action, muzzle brake, and gunsmith. Austin did joke about trying to get nick to bring hawkins I'm state at shot show. 🥵☺️

It's not a bother.

I just wouldn't call any new startup venture as "top in class" when it's yet to prove itself as such.

Austin has a whole lot to learn - that's not a knock on him. Not one bit. That's just the nature of starting a new venture. I don't believe he has any experience in barrel manufacturing prior to starting CRB - but please correct me if I'm wrong.

To see Oklahoma businesses creating partnerships is wholly unsurprising, given how "buddy buddy" the industry is. Especially in Oklahoma.

Oh for sure, certainly knocks and bumps in the road no doubt. I was just simply guesstimating having a barrel blank mfg would eventually make its way onto most barreled actions leaving the state. As for other distributors, no clue. 🤷‍♂️

I'm only 4 matches in to prs and it's quite fun. Also exciting to have so much offered in state. Boy, it ain't cheap 😮‍💨

Reactions: kthomas
The new Okie Special:
Foundation
Impact
Austin Bad Named Barrels
TT
Harris
This is litterly my 25x47 build... minus the Haris. And I am not sure if my TT is going on this gun or staying on my 6BRA. I have a few Hawk Hills and love them, also this barrel was cut in Missouri.. should be to me next week to start breaking in.

Last edited:
I will if USPS ever finds mine :( they are working on it, but it is looking grim. Gunsmith said he was about to cut me another one, and just leave it to the gods to see if this one ever gets un-lost.

I hate the postal service!! Hope you get one none the less! I saw bullet central has them for $420

I will if USPS ever finds mine :( they are working on it, but it is looking grim. Gunsmith said he was about to cut me another one, and just leave it to the gods to see if this one ever gets un-lost.
USPS seems to have a habit of “losing” heavy shit.

• Sad
Reactions: Bigrederic