• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Anyone have or use the Horus H59 vs the Horus Tremor reticle?

Ghilly

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2019
I may be buying a new Vortex scope and looking at the H59 vs the Htremor. Does anyone have both and what do you like better?

Thanks,
Ghilly

I have H59s, H58s, and had a Tremor 3. I have found no function for my application for the Tremor 3. The wind dots are more for rapid engagement of multiple targets at distance or movers than anything else. Not having the wind dots has never caused me an issue. I prefer (as most) the H59.

There are a lot of great gridded systems out there. Everyone has copied/modified the gridded system. There is an up charge for the Horus vs other gridded systems. All of them work the same, it comes down to personal preference. I run H58s and H59s in all my scopes so they all look the same. Horus is the only system I can get the exact same system in damn near every scope manufacturer out there. Hope this helps.

This is extremely helpful actually. I was already thinking I like the h59 better but wanted to hear some other opinions. The H59 seems to be the best of what I have seen. Lots of scopes offer a xmas tree but nothing as good as the h59 from what I have seen and it is nice to have 3 scopes and all three are the same internally.

Thanks,
Ghilly

I've two NF scopes with the H59 reticle.
really love that reticle. I'll be adding a 3rd and possibly a 4th with the H59.

IMO you don't need the tremor If your even somewhat decent at reading wind.
But the .2mil marks on both the T3 and H59 makes milling targets and holding for both wind and elevation stupid simple.

I've handled the T3 but have not shot with it. I have 4 or 5 years and close to 10k rounds with an H59(H58) and highly recommend it
I call BS.

I call BS.

Me too.. Fucker stole that one from Arfcom.

Reactions: cornhusker86
Whats the popcorn for? Did I just start a shit show? :oops:

I’ve been shooting the H59 for a while now and really like it. I probably have fewer than 100 rounds behind Tremor 3, but didn’t have an issue with it. My next is likely a NF ATACR 4-16x42 with the T3 for a gasser, I’m interested to run them side by side.

I have the Tremor 2 in my gen 1 HDMR. I'm not sure if this is particular to the Bushnell scopes, but the reticle is too thick for me at higher magnification. Especially when shooting at 100 yards.

Reactions: ncgunner
The more I look at it the more I think the H59 is the best for me and what I do

I have the Tremor 2 in my gen 1 HDMR. I'm not sure if this is particular to the Bushnell scopes, but the reticle is too thick for me at higher magnification. Especially when shooting at 100 yards.

I haven’t had any complaints with the H59 or G2DMR Bushnells, but I don’t think I’ve ever shot a T2.

H59 is GTG.
I have a couple Bushnell hdmr’s and one steiner with the H59 reticles. I really like the christmas tree style for windage holdovers. After buying the Steiner M-series I realized how easy they were to use, bought a couple other optics with the same reticle.

Currently 3-21 bushnell’s are mounted on an Anschutz 1517 MPR 17hmr, an Anschutz CS 1416 22lr, and steiner 5-25 on a UGSW bolt gun in 223ai.

Wouldn’t hesitate to buy another optics with the h59. No experience with tremor 3. Figure if it aint broke, don’t go fuckin with it.

I prefer H58 and H59 reticles on optics around the 9x to 15x range. Work great when doing elevation and windage holds using the mil based system. With their thick lines while at these lower powers on the optic, I believe they work perfect while using the reticle.

T2 reticle is my favorite, and works really good on lower power with an optic. It is perfect when used as a DMR set up. T3 is my second pick, and I think this type of reticle works best on higher powered optics that go above 20x. Since the T3 lines are thinner, and similar to the H59 design, once you start getting higher in magnification it works really well.

Wind dots vs. Mil windage holds, everyone has their preference and how they apply it that makes it work for them. I use both methods, can work in both mph dots (once calibrated to your set up), and mil. I can still dial it all also if needed.

When selecting a optic and the H59 and T3 cost the same, I would go T3.

The wind dots in a Trmr don't compensate for estimating wind speed. "Reading wind" and applying a wind correction are two different steps. 1. Determine direction and effective speed. 2. Convert effective speed into a hold. The Trmr just simplifies #2. If you suck at figuring out the effective wind speed the Trmr won't fix that.

I've used all the Trmrs, the H59, 58, 30, and 37. I pride myself on being able to use any reticle and fear the day that any of them become a crutch. The 59 and T3 are pretty much the same reticle. What is truly simplified with the T3 is engaging a target array like a Troop Line. If you hold half mil for the near target, you more than likely should not be holding half mil for the next farthest target. You should be increasing your hold commensurately with the distance. Besides simply guessing, this implies you should be running the wind formula thru your head as you think to the next target. Instead of consuming brain power to do this, with a T3 you just hold the same wind dot all the way out.
Yeah; estimating wind is of course the hard part. That said, as some have noted, when you do get it right (I am not the best wind caller), it does simplify subsequent holdovers because you can hold the same dot at each elevation.

I have 2 H59s and I really like them. Holding for elevation and wind is just easy with them. My shooting partner just bought a Tremor (not sure if its Tremor 2 or 3), but its seems so similar that I barely felt that I needed to adjust how I use the scope when I shot his rifle. I would not really say H59 or Tremor is better than the other. Just different IMHO