• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Anyone heard from Leviathan or gotten their suppressor? UPDATE

mercracing

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 9, 2013
    Green Bay, WI
    Anyone heard from him? Anyone gotten a can yet from them? I know Franks used them and a top PRS guy has one. I know he’s making cans cuz I can see it on IG that CORE is getting a bunch. I’ve left phone messages, FB messages, and now Hide messages just wondering what’s going on.

Anyone?

@GunFreak0814

Last edited:
    So heres the story. I won a 50% off cert in May. I called Leviathan and ordered the suppressor, paying my half in full. A month later I get a call saying the Form 3 has gone through and I can start the Form 4. Get that done end of June. Still no suppressor. I have repeatedly tried to contact Chris and Leviathan with no result. I was told 6 weeks tops. I am now way past 6 weeks. The ATF cashed my check, and I'm seeing approvals getting closer and closer to when I should be getting mine. I have been calling, texting, leaving voicemail, FB personal page, FB company page, a PM here, and IG company page. I’ve been blocked on everywhere but here. I know he is making suppressors, I was seeing it on his IG page before he blocked me. I would like to warn people to be leery about doing business with him since I started in May and have nothing to show for it.

I have records of most everything.

My man, your form 4 will take 6 months minimum, more likely 12 months. I don't know who told you 6 weeks but that is incorrect by a factor of 10 at least

The six weeks is what I was told for when the suppressor would be built, and shipped to my dealer. I expect 5-7 months for completed Form 4

3-4 months for individual form 4’s.

Trust that’s another story.

I don’t understand these companies that pop up and make a product and do not deliver. I have a friend that’s going through this with a Curtis custom action. He has done the same. Very available until they get the money.

Why anyone would buy a suppressor not from a big company that’s gonna be around awhile is beyond me.

Aaron there’s a problem. Calling someone every 10 days to 2 weeks asking where something is doesn’t accomplish anything! In fact it hurts a relationship. I get up everyday at 4 am and go to work. I’m not calling you tonight because I’m literally laying in bed (I don’t care if you don’t believe that or not, it’s what I’m doing right now). I get up, drink a pot of coffee, make sure my wife gets off to work, then I head down the shop. Once I’m at the shop I start things that I didn’t finish the night before. I also have a personal life outside of building cans. I handle all the phone calls, I handle all of the emails, I handle all of the website maintenance, I handle all of the delivery’s, running back to the post office or Ups or FedEx, I talk to all of the dealers constantly. I talk to my shooters. I order titanium, I order titanium tubing, I program machines for the tasks I have, I run a lathe as well. I build ALL of the cans. So I’m sorry if something takes longer than 6 weeks. If you treat other companies the same way you’ve treated me and Leviathan Suppressors, you should consider a different tone and have different expectations. You were blocked because you won’t leave me alone, if I’m constantly talking to ONE customer it takes time from my entire day and other customers! Be patient!

Quick response before bed, longer one tomorrow. It took effort for you to block me without saying anything. Wouldn’t it have been better for everyone if you would have sent a messsge? Even a simple one saying you would get with me Monday.

Reactions: Holliday
    Slightly longer response.
    Chris, I completely understand your the one guy doing everything. I'm sure it is monumental. I didn't want to have to make this post, I just wanted the suppressor I paid for. Or even some kind of response. Things fall behind, of course things happen. I get it. I'm more understanding than you give me credit for. However, the last response I got was a month ago(and I have proof that's the last time you responded) you blew me off and said I was one of 42 you were working on? So you started building my suppressor in May/beginning of June and here we are in October and all you know is I'm in a batch of 42? I'm sorry if the once a month was too much, but I figured since you were posting on IG you would be able to respond. Call me tomorrow.

Slightly longer response.
    Chris, I completely understand your the one guy doing everything. I'm sure it is monumental. I didn't want to have to make this post, I just wanted the suppressor I paid for. Or even some kind of response. Things fall behind, of course things happen. I get it. I'm more understanding than you give me credit for. However, the last response I got was a month ago(and I have proof that's the last time you responded) you blew me off and said I was one of 42 you were working on? So you started building my suppressor in May/beginning of June and here we are in October and all you know is I'm in a batch of 42? I'm sorry if the once a month was too much, but I figured since you were posting on IG you would be able to respond. Call me tomorrow.

In your second post, you make it sound like you were contacting him much more frequently than once a month.

So heres the story. I won a 50% off cert in May. I called Leviathan and ordered the suppressor, paying my half in full. A month later I get a call saying the Form 3 has gone through and I can start the Form 4. Get that done end of June. Still no suppressor. I have repeatedly tried to contact Chris and Leviathan with no result. I was told 6 weeks tops. I am now way past 6 weeks. The ATF cashed my check, and I'm seeing approvals getting closer and closer to when I should be getting mine. I have been calling, texting, leaving voicemail, FB personal page, FB company page, a PM here, and IG company page. I’ve been blocked on everywhere but here. I know he is making suppressors, I was seeing it on his IG page before he blocked me. I would like to warn people to be leery about doing business with him since I started in May and have nothing to show for it.

So you pay in May? How can the form 3 be completed before the can is? Unless he created the registered part and had it processed before the can was finished. But why would you f3 an incomplete can let alone f4. If something happens and that serialized part goes bad you are up a creek.

How did 6-8 weeks become 5+ months?

Chris called me the Monday morning after I posted this. He apologized for being hard to get ahold of. He said my baffles were built, but he was waiting on my tube. He also informed me that dealer orders come first. I emailed him on October 29th asking if there were any updates and he said nothing yet.

Sounds like someone needs to hire some help

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the parts (external) on leviathian’s cans look to be very close to those parts made by diversified machine or could possibly be subcontracted out and finished by leviathan.

I’ve seen a few manufacturers register a tube once it has been cut and threaded and submit the form 3 for transfer. But I’m still a little confused about submitting a form 3 on a tube that is not in the manufacturers hands.

Now how would you be able to submit a form 4 from your local dealer to you personal collection that your dealer doesn’t have in his local inventory. I don’t know any dealer that would sign a form 4 to transfer out any NFA that they don’t have in their hands as a transfer is not completed or valid (on a form 3) until it has been delivered.

Last edited:
    Reactions: JeffLebowski
    I’ve sent in form 4 quite often once the form 3 has been approved. Every little bit of the wait that I could shave off I do usually.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the parts (external) on leviathian’s cans look to be very close to those parts made by diversified machine or could possibly be subcontracted out and finished by leviathan.

I’ve seen a few manufacturers register a tube once it has been cut and threaded and submit the form 3 for transfer. But I’m still a little confused about submitting a form 3 on a tube that is not in the manufacturers hands.

Now how would you be able to submit a form 4 from your local dealer to you personal collection that your dealer doesn’t have in his local inventory. I don’t know any dealer that would sign a form 4 to transfer out any NFA that they don’t have in their hands as a transfer is not completed or valid (on a form 3) until it has been delivered.

Not trying to argue, where did you hear about DM doing some of the work for Leviathan? I hadn’t heard that.

Wait, so you have your tax stamp back?

Nothing in this story add up...
    Really?! Doesn’t seem that hard to follow. Guy pays for can, form 3 is approved, he submits form 4, months go by and the can hasn’t even shown up at the dealer yet.

That’s what I’ve gotten from this so far

Reactions: Holliday
    Really?! Doesn’t seem that hard to follow. Guy pays for can, form 3 is approved, he submits form 4, months go by and the can hasn’t even shown up at the dealer yet.

That’s what I’ve gotten from this so far

So f3 a non completed can is a bad idea...

Submitting a f4 on a can that is not in dealer inventory is a bad idea

So f3 a non completed can is a bad idea...

Submitting a f4 on a can that is not in dealer inventory is a bad idea

I was led to believe the can would be completed and sent to my dealer well before the F4 paperwork would be looked at by the ATF.

And this situation is why it’s bad idea...

According to the nfa records per the f3 there is a can at your dealer. Per the f4 both of you signed there was a can in the dealers bound book. But there is no item in the bound book. Most dealers I know will not drop a f4 until the f3 is in their hands. They will do their own qc on the f3 before signing the f4.

People were trying to skirt the system to reduce your time, but it has the potential to create problems. If your f4 gets approved and then the can is dmg or lost in mail, what happens then?

According to the nfa records per the f3 there is a can at your dealer. Per the f4 both of you signed there was a can in the dealers bound book. But there is no item in the bound book. Most dealers I know will not drop a f4 until the f3 is in their hands. They will do their own qc on the f3 before signing the f4.

People were trying to skirt the system to reduce your time, but it has the potential to create problems. If your f4 gets approved and then the can is dmg or lost in mail, what happens then?
    I was confused where you were headed but this post is inline with what I thought was the norm. My FFL (also a suppressor manufacturer) won’t do Form 4 until they have a transferred form 3 can in hand . With good reason.....

Reactions: 2ndamendfan

Yes looking back now I would wait. However I had no reason to not to believe my dealer would have my can by now.

As I understand it part of the ATF doing what they do is to verify my dealer has the can. If he doesn’t when they call I assume they will deny my form 4.

Yes looking back now I would wait. However I had no reason to not to believe my dealer would have my can by now.

As I understand it part of the ATF doing what they do is to verify my dealer has the can. If he doesn’t when they call I assume they will deny my form 4.

This process is difficult, and more importantly, stressful enough with the ATF application process, setting up trusts, pictures , prints months of waiting etc. We’ll look forward to the day this is all said and done with lessons learned. I know I certainly have gained some knowledge here.....

Thats crazy if that is the case. Chris at DM isnt the easiest one to get a hold of either which is probably exacerbating this problem further. FYI i just had a form 3 from Southern precision to my dealer take 3-4 weeks so if this guy somehow blames the ATF, that wont hold any water.

I've had it suggested to me previously on two occasions by different dealers so evidently it is relatively common.

So you can. But the question is the risk. According to the nfa the dealer has asserted that he has the can. If his audit came due the atf would bring the list and expect it to be there but guess what it’s not

Those cans on his sight look remarkably similar to the Diversified Machine products. OP could have bought the parts and done it himself with e-form 1 quicker. I'd hate to pay $1095 for their flagship can and find out it has about 300 dollars worth of DM parts.

I don't see how playing fast and loose with who-has-what-when will help you in the long run. I am amazed that your FFL would submit the F4 w/o possessing the NFA item. BATFE audit would go sideways for him if it occurred. Just put on the big-boy pants and wait - it takes the time that it takes, government shut-downs not withstanding.

Have you received your can yet?
    No I do not have the can yet.

I don't see how playing fast and loose with who-has-what-when will help you in the long run. I am amazed that your FFL would submit the F4 w/o possessing the NFA item. BATFE audit would go sideways for him if it occurred. Just put on the big-boy pants and wait - it takes the time that it takes, government shut-downs not withstanding.

That’s what I’ve been doin man. All I can do is wait. No worries.

No I do not have the can yet.

That’s what I’ve been doin man. All I can do is wait. No worries.
    Any word from Chris yet? I paid for mine fall of 2017 and check was cashed in april. Called atf for status check and they said that they sent an error letter to Chris November 30, 2018 with no response and that I would have to start the whole stamp process over.

Any word from Chris yet? I paid for mine fall of 2017 and check was cashed in april. Called atf for status check and they said that they sent an error letter to Chris November 30, 2018 with no response and that I would have to start the whole stamp process over.

Oh man that sucks! I paid early May and my check was cashed in July. I got an email from Chris on the 22nd and he said he was in the ICU and he was recovering.

I hate to hear that anyone in the industry is in the hospital and not doing well, but reading this thread for the past while, it really makes me glad I went a different route. I hope you guys get the product you've been waiting for and it's on par with anything else out there.

If ur still waiting on ur Leviathon can I would contact the ATF I was told by someone in the know that there are some issues
    I haven’t done any paperwork yet but do you mean that I probably won’t get the suppressor I paid for last July?

Has anyone gotten one of these cans? Seems a little Tactical Riflesy. I would hate to have paid for a can and done the paperwork, gotten an approved F4 and still have no can at my dealers.

Contact Kansas ATF. Looks like Leviathan was a sham. Took money and never produced a thing.

Reactions: teerex
    Has anyone gotten one of these cans? Seems a little Tactical Riflesy. I would hate to have paid for a can and done the paperwork, gotten an approved F4 and still have no can at my dealers.

Which is why you don’t do f4 till it’s at the dealer...

This whole thread has been shady from the start

Which is why you don’t do f4 till it’s at the dealer...

This whole thread has been shady from the start
    If all the rules are followed and the can is built like it should be then when I get my serial number I should be able to get my place in line for my form 4. There is no way in hell the form 4 should clear before my can is built. No way!

Refund by the end of April?? Sounds like someone is hoping his tax return will cover the refunds.

I don’t know what Chris did or had happen to him to make shit go sideways. I don’t think he set out to rob anyone. I really don’t. But transparency is key. Stringing guys along with bs stories is horse shit. We are all used to waiting on stuff. That’s just the way it goes these days in the gun world. But hiding the reasons and feeding a guy bullshit will never end well.

Last edited:
    If all the rules are followed and the cannos built like it should be then when I get my serial number I should be able to get my place in line for my form 4. There is no way in hell the form 4 should clear before my can is built. No way!

Refund by the end of April?? Sounds like someone is hoping his tax return will cover the refunds.

I don’t know what Chris did or had happen to him to make shit go sideways. I don’t think he set out to rob anyone. I really don’t. But transparency is key. Stringing guys along with bs stories is horse shit. We are all used to waiting on stuff. That’s just the way it goes these days in the gun world. But hiding the reasons and feeding a guy bullshit will never end well.

Every dealer I have meet/know/ done business with won’t do f4 till the form 3 is done and can is in inventory. I wouldn’t pay for a can until it is complete and ready to f3.

I understand in theory you can start the f4 and the can will catch up. But it is not the normal process because when it goes wrong it messes up a lot of things

How about a guy who paid and the form 3 cleared and the can still didn’t show up? Doubt it was ever made.