• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone here own a Kimber Advanced Tactical rifle?

Rockfish Dave

Sergeant
Banned !
Aug 4, 2008
Columbia Falls, MT USA
Anyone here own a Kimber Advanced Tactical rifle?

Could you share your shooting impressions?
- Reliability?
- Accuracy?
- Fit and Finish?
- Misc. Likes?
- Misc. Dis-likes?

Thanks!

Re: Anyone here own a Kimber Advanced Tactical rif

if debos dave is on the thread I am not as he's a troll stalker

Re: Anyone here own a Kimber Advanced Tactical rifle?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Opinions (most unsupported by ownership) </div></div>

This is a wildly ironic piece of information considering the your strikingly similar contribution in the Tran-Sonic Sub MOA thread.

Stop fighting guys. Increase da peace. Cant's we alls justests gets alongs.

So, responding to your question. I do. I like it. I’m new to precision shooting and have been running the AT (.308) since I got it last fall (PSS has been staying at home). I have 60 rounds through it, and haven’t had any problems with reliability. As you’ll find on other forums/reviews the trigger set-point was a bit lighter than advertised, but it works for me. I’ve had it out 5 times in varying conditions (hard to get a weekend without wind in a Midwest winter). The day I caught without wind I was able to produce 0.6 MOA (100 yards) with FGMM (168gr). I hope to get out over the next couple of months and try some other loads. Fit and finish are great. Likes: seems to have the accuracy so I can improve and not out-shoot the rifle anytime soon, stock, running well out-of-the-box, A5. Dislikes: Price is a bit high. If you pay list, you may end up disappointed.

I've had mine now for about 2 months.General impressions is it works as advertised with no malfunctions.
accuracy .75 to .50 moa 42.5 benchmark 168 sierra bthp match
A-5 stock desert camo finish
Kimber earth tone finish
Nice trigger crisp with very little creep
Case from Hardigg

Dislikes:
Be nice to have detachable mag

Buddy has one. Rifle is very nice as far as fit,finish, case is nice, The accuracy believe it or not is outstanding on my buddies rifle shooting 175 FGM..