• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Anyone Hunting With Premier Light Tactical 3-15x50?

EasternNChunter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2012
Eastern NC
I thought I was going to go with a Swarovski Z6 for my hunting rifle that is being built but after dropping a doe at 804 yards last year, I felt that I would regret not going with a scope with true turrets. When it comes to a hunting scope, I want the best low light performing glass that I can get. I have never looked through the Premier Light Tactical but after reading some reviews I put a deposit down on one at CS Tactical. I looked everywhere for one with illumination but none of the vendors have them and I was told repeatedly that Premier isn't making them with illumination right now and that it could be a while. I was also told that the Gen 2 Mil Dot reticle is thicker than the XR reticle and would show up better in low light. I am getting the one that is Mil Reticle / Mil Turrets. Thoughts from others that hunt with this scope?

Last edited:
I hunt with this scope on one rifle and the reticle in all of my hunting rifles. I personally love the reticle. I have the reticle in my S&B 4-16 that I on my 300 WSM. I have a Premier Hunter on my wife's 6 CM. In all honesty, I think the image is brighter on the PH than the S&B. The S&B was the first high-end optic I purchased or it would be sold and exchanged for a Premier LT.

CWJ

I have lit & non lit 3-15s. Only the center "+" shaped aiming portion of the Gen II MD is illuminated. Have predator hunted with both at night and the illum is a nice bonus in total darkness. IMHO, you won't miss it for daytime/general hunting. The glass is outstanding, if you need illum to make a shot, you are waaaaay past legal shooting light.
Good call to stick with the Gen II MD in the 3-15x. The Gen II XR is better suited to the 5-25x PH, that's what I have in my 5-25x...

I hunt with 3 of them, all GenII MD. 2 are illuminated, 1 is not.
I dont think you will miss illumination during legal shooting hours. My go-to hunting rifle has the non-illuminated model.

Last edited:
Subscribed.

I'm thinking of upgrading the glass on my old hunting rig to the Light Tactical as well. I sat for the first time in 3 years last Saturday evening, I took the AR-30 w/ the Premier 5x25 and I could still see well enough at 7:50 to take a shot. The local shop that I bought my big scope at has 2 of the light tact scopes on the shelf though I don't think they were illuminated.