• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Anyone in IL who actually SHOOTS in IL???

Re: Anyone in IL who actually SHOOTS in IL???

Check out Aurora Sportsman Club, they have a practical rifle match every month and you don't have to be a member to shoot the event. Its geared more towards AR style rifles though, but any magazine fed semi auto will work. Other than that, long range clubs are virtually non existant is this state.

They have a 600 yard range there too, but I don't think they allow non members to shoot that range.

Kind regards,
Jared

I shoot at the Aurora Sportsman Club in Waterman. They have the 600 yard range there that is really nice. All of the ranges there are nice though. If you ever want to check it out, let me know.

If I had unlimited ammo I'd be out there every weekend.
I'm working on finding some where better to go but right now we shoot out to 800yds at my house when the crops arn't too tall to see the steel.
We shoot out of a barn loft, only one person can shoot at a time and the spotter has to position him self so he doesn't get hammered with concussion.
I still have some more things to get before I'm really set up for LR but we have alot fun anyways.

Another happy Aurora Sportsman member here.

I have only been a member for a little over a year, but haven't had anything but great experiances there. I'm looking at a move coming up, and am sad that I may have to leave the club.

The range at Pasa Park in Barry is great. They have quite of few matches out to 600. They also hold the Masters in the summer. If you ever want to shoot there just hit me up. Im always looking for some reason to shoot!

I have a few farmer friends which allow me to shoot in some wide open space when the crops are not in. when no crops are in, I can get 1200 yards. When they are, I can only shoot 425 yrds. There is also another really nice gun club just outside Polo IL called Tri County Gun club. The down side is that they only got to 200Yrds. they have great pistol ranges and a nice open what ever you want to shoot portion too. Have to be a member to go.

I have googled it as well. As far as I can find, the nearest 1000 yard range from northern IL is Lodi, WI.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: y2kc5oh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I go to Wisconsin, Ohio and New York to shoot. Can't even fire an air gun in my city. People are nuts here.
</div></div>

Where do you go to in Wisconsin? I go there all the time to visit the In laws.

Another vote for Tri-County Gun Club. A relation of mine is usually the rangemaster and they have a nice little setup. A lot better for pistol shooters, but the 100yd and 200yd ranges are covered. My grandparents are sitting on 80 acres and farm over 1000, but we don't exactly agree on my idea of fun. I could get 2000 yards shooting off their porch if they let me.

This club had their heads up their asses for years, maybe decades. Glad they are -finally- motivated to add members.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wingnut49b</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another happy Aurora Sportsman member here.

I have only been a member for a little over a year, but haven't had anything but great experiances there. I'm looking at a move coming up, and am sad that I may have to leave the club. </div></div>

Sorry to say but I have yet to shoot at an Il club Thats worth a damn. The Isra range is too ridgid Buffalo park is filled with hillbillies and rinks I need nvgs to shoot at.

Central IL, here. Best range I've been too so far is the ISRA range by Kankakee (definitely worth mentioning that it's the only actual range I've been to here) Usually I shoot at a farm, but that's under 100 yards.

I'm looking into checking out other nearby clubs/ranges, I really want to shoot past 300 yards though and that's not looking very likely around here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UIUCPPQ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Central IL, here. Best range I've been too so far is the ISRA range by Kankakee (definitely worth mentioning that it's the only actual range I've been to here) Usually I shoot at a farm, but that's under 100 yards.

I'm looking into checking out other nearby clubs/ranges, I really want to shoot past 300 yards though and that's not looking very likely around here.

</div></div>

If you are in central IL check PASA park near Quincy 600yds, 25$/year

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jAXDIALATION</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This club had their heads up their asses for years, maybe decades. Glad they are -finally- motivated to add members.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wingnut49b</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another happy Aurora Sportsman member here.

I have only been a member for a little over a year, but haven't had anything but great experiances there. I'm looking at a move coming up, and am sad that I may have to leave the club. </div></div> </div></div>

always some of the same attitude left but now they have 3.5 million reasons to want the new members $$

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: George63</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you are in central IL check PASA park near Quincy 600yds, 25$/year </div></div>

Looks like that's about 3 or so hours away from me, but someday I may have to check it out. Thanks for the heads up!

Some of you guys need a geography lesson, look at a map. Kankakee and Quincy are not Central Ill. Do not believe the Rumor that anythong south of I 80 is Southern Illinois. you are Northern Illinois North of I 80. Bloomington, Springfield(State Capital, yes it is Springfield, not Chicago regardless of what you are told), Champaign(U of I) and Decatur area IS Central Illinois, south of Effingham is considered Southern Illinois. NO, there are no good ranges in Central Illinois, Quincy and Kanakee are about 2.5 hours away. We are closer to St Louis, MO than Kankakee or Quincy. So much for the rant, we just get tired of the Chicago Clan thinking they are Central Illinois.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AREAONE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some of you guys need a geography lesson, look at a map. Kankakee and Quincy are not Central Ill. Do not believe the Rumor that anythong south of I 80 is Southern Illinois. you are Northern Illinois North of I 80. Bloomington, Springfield(State Capital, yes it is Springfield, not Chicago regardless of what you are told), Champaign(U of I) and Decatur area IS Central Illinois, south of Effingham is considered Southern Illinois. NO, there are no good ranges in Central Illinois, Quincy and Kanakee are about 2.5 hours away. We are closer to St Louis, MO than Kankakee or Quincy. So much for the rant, we just get tired of the Chicago Clan thinking they are Central Illinois. </div></div>

the geography may be fine - might be more of a problem of reading comprehension - where in the posts did it state that either kankakee or Quincy were being called central? - just referred to them as range options

and if geography is the issue, just where exactly in central IL is closer to St Louis than Quincy?

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but does anyone know of a 200+ yard range south of I64?

We have a 500 yrd range in effingham. A bit of a drive for ya but I live close and love to shoot and am unfortunately from this liberal state!

Y'all can't be from further south in Illinois than me.

As far as I'm concerned Effingham is northern Illinois and Chicago is an annex of California, with the corruption Kabul.

The really cool thing is that all of the laws in Illinois are written to accommodate the great northern cesspool's social problems.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: six 4 sure</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but does anyone know of a 200+ yard range south of I64? </div></div>

How about the Little Wabash river bottoms? As far as an actual static range.....no. Seems to be something severely lacking south of I64.

Bornhunter the only ranges longer than 100m that i know of are kentucky regulators in boaz, ky. They have 400m covered range. Also i heard that the shooting complex in sparta is getting a 1000m range

I think the Aurora Sportsman Club is probably the best. If you ever want to go check it out, let me know? I would be glad to take you, I am there quite a bit. They have a website with photos of the ranges if you want to check it out ahead of time.
Thanks
Joe

I am not too far from Aurora Sportsmans club, I would love to try it out. When do you usually go Cowboy?

I was wondering who all goes to Pasa? I have been thinking about getting a membership down there and wanted to see about meeting up with some members here.

sorry to bust your bubble but southern Illinois (Marion, Harrisburg, Carbondale, Vienna, Goreville) you know the places all the northerners come to shoot deer and raise hell in the Shawnee forest. Hardin county, pope county, saline county areas around the old slave house.

Aurora Sportsman Club has started offering a monthly match title Practical Precision Rifles. During the match you will engage targets out to 600 yards.

Here is a link to sign up....ASC Practical Precision Rifle: 2013 Advanced Signup Tickets, Waterman - Eventbrite

Here is a gear list....Practical Precision Rifle ? Action Shooting Sports

Here is the July stages for reference....http://static.squarespace.com/stati...a6dd1cb0/1371781460725/2013-07-PPR-Stages.pdf

Although, I'm not a member, I have always found the guys to be friendly.

Kind regards,
Jared