• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ANYONE IN Jacksonville NC

deadly0311

Tacticool Ninja
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2009
Birmingham, AL
anyone out there in Jville or surronding areas want to get together and shoot at some point. Maybe once a month or something?

Re: ANYONE IN Jacksonville NC

I'll get together with you if you want. I'm in Jacksonville. You know of anywhere other than Flatwoods? I'd like to stretch it out past 200 yards eventually.

DEADLY, EVER TRIED BRADFORD SPORTSMAN FARM. THEY ARE SW OF JAX
AND HAVE A 300 YD. AND 600 YD. RANGE. YOU CAN LOOK THEM UP ON
THE INTERNET.PM ME IF YOU'D LIKE TO MEET SOMETIME.....T...

not sure are there any good ranges up ur way Jeff? cuz flatwoods is pretty lame as far as a range

Deadly, I'm in Jax myself...

I sent you a PM a month or 2 ago about getting togeather and shooting....

I myself am looking for a place around here that one can stretch their perverbial legs on. I like flatwoods though, I go there about every week-end.

Im down for getting togeather for a range session, but am only available on Sat. morning due to a second job.

If anyone knows of another place that goes past 400 or so around here, PM me or gimme a call (850) 228 5392 - Lcpl Thaxton.

Wheres-Waldo, i was out there yesterday about 11ish, i was talking to the range master and he said that the only place within reasonable driving distance around here to strech out the legs was down in wilmington, but its a private members and membership by invite only, and for you and i being in the Corps we dont have the kind of coin to pony up on a 1000 6 month membership. he said the best bet was to try and talk to a farmer around here and see if we could work something out with him. so who knows i may just be content with flatwoods for now as i get out in a couple months

North State Shooting Club in Butner uses the NCNG range. Sort of a drive from Jax but have monthly matches in every format, F, Palma, Service. I think membership is around $120 yr but don't have to be a member to shoot matches. AG

I got out there about 3:00 yesterday. My friend I work 2 jobs to afford reloading and range fees.

I concidered shooting less, but then I came to my senses.

I'm sure we have bumped into eachother out there before without realizing it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JeFFeryMaRIne</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah it is. The only other one is here in Havelock called B and R and its a 100yard range only. </div></div>

Actually, B&R is 200 yards. Not great, but its better than nothing. Also, I've heard, but have not confirmed, that there's a group called The Coastal Carolina Shooting Club that ocassionally has matches at Stone Bay. Anyone else know anything about this?

AICS'ed M700 in 300WM and a M700 VS .308 on most week-ends

*If I'm out there, I'm the buzz cut guy with the green shooting mat that has his crap in the way of everyone when they go check their targets.

Years ago there was a place (Durham rifle and pistol club) in Alamance Co. I think. I was with a member at the time and I think they shot out to 300y at least. You may want to check with that club. Again membership, but good luck finding something else.

Another J-Action-Ville survivor here. Hit me up in PM land if you guys want to hit Flatwoods, or if you have another place in mind. I'll be out of pocket this next weekend, but after the 21st I should be able to make it.

I also work occasionally as a range Nazi at Flatwoods. I'm sure I've seen one or two of you there. Some of the guys who work there can be a bit anal retentive, but that's not me.

I'm down to go to the range too. Let me know if you guys want to go as well. It would be sweet to get together with a few of you guys.

For those that want to shoot farther than 200 yards your best bet is to find someone that has a farm or some land thats good and safe to shoot. I shoot at a friend's propery and shoot all the way to 575yards steel or paper targets not bad considering how much you pay at a range like Flatwoods or any other range that are really strict with their rules.
PhrogDriver you are right about the Coastal Carolina shooting club, they have some matches at stone bay on certain weekeneds. The one time i shot with them was in October 2009 i think and we shot 600yards prone, paid $20 for the range fee and $20 for the target puller, as far as i undertand they shoot more for practice cause even if you shoot the best score there is no prize to win, they also post the scores online and its a great way of networking and getting to know other shooters that shoot across NC like shooters from Camp Butler shooting club and they shoot all the way to 1000yards.
I shoot M4, 1911 and the most i shoot is bolt gun and like i said considering the range prices i can shoot all day if i want.
If anyone wants to shoot bolt sometime let me know.

Left jvile in 2002 after enlistment ran out. Flatwoods was about the only place i knew of. There was a place near Supply NC but havent been down there since 2006. The best bet to shoot up to 1000yd is butner. Check out the North State Shooting Club web site for match schedule. I shoot there about twice a year. Its a very well kept range with electric controled target carriges. F-class is the stuff for bolt rifles.