• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing anyone know a good gunsmith in georgia

gawest

Private
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2009
georgia
i just moved here and don't know much about the state i'm about to start a new project rifle and was curious if anyone might know a reputable gunsmith in the state i might be able to get some help from

Re: anyone know a good gunsmith in georgia

thanks for the link i'll check them out they're not very far from me

http://www.gradousrifles.com/index.php

or and this is unlikely, try to find a guy that goes by the name of L.D. out of Warner Robbins, used to have Liberty Gunshop.

If you do find him, feedback the contact info as I have a Rifle he built in the early '80s for my grandfather "Bailey Harrison" and I want to chat with him about it.

probably a stupid question but does the buzzard symbolize something ?

2 very good smiths mentioned already: APA and Robert Gradous.

Can't go wrong with either!!

I think this quote from Mr. Pritchett at Surgeon Rifles says it better than I could.

"Robert Gradous is one of the sharpest guys you will ever be around. He is a little different but we all are, that is what makes the world interesting. He has made numerous trips to our shop just to make his point. First time I met him he was very rough around the edges and I thought to myself why in the world do I want to set here and listen to this guy. Then I thought this guy has driven for days to come up and give his opinion and the least I could do is listen to him. The longer I listened to him the more I realised that we was in the past and this guy was in the future. Long story short he told us some things with the promice that we would not pass it on. I honestly feel he is one of the best gunsmiths in the US. If you do have your rifle built by him you will have a rifle that is as good as it gets. We have not only used some of his ideas in our action and also in our rifle builds. Not only is he a good friend he is a very good advisor and rifle builder. If someone was to take and have all of the rifle builders build 10 rifles each. And then take all the rifles and put them to a test and see which of the gunsmiths would be on top. If Robert was not on top I would like to spend some time in the shop of the guy that was. He is a little rough around the edges so when you call him keep that in mind and put up with a little of this to get a lot of that."

http://gradousrifles.com/
706-554-2959

Edited by preston pritchett (03/23/08 05:25 AM)
Edit Reason: add Roberts contact info

Surgeon Rifles
48955 Moccasin Trail Rd
Prague OK 74864

John Whidden from Nashville, GA is a multi-year Long Range National Champion and Palma Team member. One GREAT shooter and all-around nice guy who knows his way around building rifles for serious precision shooting.

Don't forget Mile Gibby over by Demorest, Or Bob Pearson in Merrietta, or Hook Boulton in Bremen, or Bobby Roberts in Columbus. Point is there's a bunch of fine gun smiths in GA. You landed in a great state for custom work. Donald

there aint no one better than Hook when it comes to M1's and such.

That man is unbelievable at some of the work he puts out.