• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone know of an AR22 mag speed loader? Cmmg conversion

Pipeandwire

Private
Minuteman
May 31, 2023
Illinois
Hello, looking for a speed loader for a 22lr mag for the cmmg ar15 - 22Lr conversion.
also wondering if anyone has a line on the black dog 22lr drums, if there’s a speed loader made for them.
thanks
pic attached, this is what I use for my .556 looking for something similar for lots of rounds 22lr

Attachments

• IMG_8610.jpeg
    IMG_8610.jpeg
    77.8 KB · Views: 60
Hello, looking for a speed loader for a 22lr mag for the cmmg ar15 - 22Lr conversion.
also wondering if anyone has a line on the black dog 22lr drums, if there’s a speed loader made for them.
thanks
pic attached, this is what I use for my .556 looking for something similar for lots of rounds 22lr
Can't load a single feed mag that way, has to slide in from the front.

This with the correct adapter for your mags works for AR22's:

They are a bit finicky to use but absolutely beat loading them by hand.

Reactions: Pipeandwire
I like the McFadden as well. I also have one like this

Not as fast as McFadden but takes up a lot less space

nice. Thnx for the link. They are sold out but I will keep searching. Do u know of anything for the drum mags?

The one I have is made by Christie’s Products. It has the website 1022central.com printed on it but the website looks to be down. The loader looks very similar to the black dog one at Brownells.
I don’t think any of the loaders will be very useful with the black dog drums unless you have three hands. You have to hold tension on the drum mag spring with one hand while loading the cartridges in with the other.
If you don’t have the drums yet… I think they’re basically a gimmick. It’s a hell of a lot faster to load 2x 25 rounders than 1x 50 rounder. I have a couple drums, they do OK on semi auto with the occasional jam. I really never messed with mine much, I got them for use with a full auto M16 lower and .22lr upper and it was a jam fest. (Getting a .22 upper to run reliably full auto is fairly finicky, I’ve got one that is great with fresh black dog mags but not so good with older/more used mags.)

Reactions: Pipeandwire
I should have mentioned the Christie’s/black dog style loader is great with the standard 25 round CMMG style mags.
I’ll use my McFadden loader to load up the mags in the house, then take the Christie’s out to the range with me. Or if my McFadden is set up for a different magazine style, I’ll just use the Christie’s at home.

The one I have is made by Christie’s Products. It has the website 1022central.com printed on it but the website looks to be down. The loader looks very similar to the black dog one at Brownells.
I don’t think any of the loaders will be very useful with the black dog drums unless you have three hands. You have to hold tension on the drum mag spring with one hand while loading the cartridges in with the other.
If you don’t have the drums yet… I think they’re basically a gimmick. It’s a hell of a lot faster to load 2x 25 rounders than 1x 50 rounder. I have a couple drums, they do OK on semi auto with the occasional jam. I really never messed with mine much, I got them for use with a full auto M16 lower and .22lr upper and it was a jam fest. (Getting a .22 upper to run reliably full auto is fairly finicky, I’ve got one that is great with fresh black dog mags but not so good with older/more used mags.)

Thats good information! I wanted the drums because in f/a your only going to be able to get on it for a few seconds before being out. I will take a look at that loader. Just recently found the tippmann that im willing to try. Hoping it works for the mags and drums. I will keep the post updated on my results.