• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Anyone know of anyone else making scope bikinis?

matt2143

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 4, 2009
    Northern, VA
    BC caps are too fragile, NF bikinis are awesome but limited in their sizes, anyone else know of a similar product? I currently run BC bikinis on my scopes but with the IOR 3-18x50 the bikinis are really stretched.

Re: Anyone know of anyone else making scope bikinis?

I have an IOR scope with a very long sunshade, 22" length. I gave him the dimensions of the objective and eyepiece. I got the custom cover within a week. Fits nicely. I am very satisfied with it.

http://www.scopeshieldalaska.com/index.html

Absolutely.

I am like you in I hate Butler Creek caps. They break and they suck. Bikinis are hard to find, especially if your scope doesn't come with a set normally.

I did find a solution however. At the RO Cup I picked up a certificate from a company called "Scopecoat".

www.scopecoat.com

I got the XP-6 Flak Jacket. It's robust and fits my scope like a glove. Plus it even provides a little protection as well. It's not as small as bikini but does a great job. I'm going to write a full review soon with pics.

I use NF 50MM and 56MM bikini covers on anything with a 50MM or larger objective and BC bikini's on everything else. I can't stand BC flip ups either, they're junk nowadays. I haven't had a set last more than a couple weeks in a long time.

The NF 50MM bikini should fit your scope just fine, I've used the 50MM bikini on a 56MM S&B. I have some and I'm local if you want to test fit it.

+1 on the Butler Creek bikini covers. I use them on two of my scopes (42mm and 50mm) and they work great. They're not as rigid at the NF covers but they do the job and can be stuffed in your pocket once you get in the stand, with hardly any bulk. I've been using one bikini for 2-3 years now and it has held up fine.