• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Anyone know the folks at Aadland?

fdkay

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 27, 2009
    Ingleside, Tx
    I was trying to get a set of their caps for my new Sightron.
    I sent a question through their website "contact us", didn't hear from them (about 2 1/2 weeks ago)
    Then sent an email to Jon Aadland at the email address listed on the site.
    Googled the business and called a number, no telling if it is the right one, as there was no answer.
    Not exactly a great business model.
    I know a lot of these businesses are side business, but for crying out loud, at least answer the damn email, even if it is to say "sorry, we don't have that"

If I'm not mistaken he is an aerospace engineer for Boeing and lack of communication is not uncommon. Most items are not kept in stock, but printed after the order is placed.

After you place the order he builds and ships your caps. They are as good as people say.

Thanks.
    The problem is, he doesn't catalog anything for this specific model (SVSSED).
    The website also says to contact them for models they don't catalog.

A bit of patience will be rewarded. Jon’s mounts and caps are top quality. Don’t think the business model supports a lot of inventory, especially if for new models recently released.

A bit of patience will be rewarded. Jon’s mounts and caps are top quality. Don’t think the business model supports a lot of inventory, especially if for new models recently released.
    I'm fine with patience, but we are talking nearly 3 weeks to check their messages and respond.
    This is endemic to the firearms industry as a whole, the interwebs is replete with stories of firearms related vendors not responding to emails/call/letters.
    At the very least, an auto response to let me know the message was received is better than no response at all.

If I'm not mistaken he is an aerospace engineer for Boeing and lack of communication is not uncommon. Most items are not kept in stock, but printed after the order is placed.
    That's a bullshit excuse in 2018.

If you run a side business that interacts with the general public, tend to it promptly or watch your base dwindle.

I recently ordered an item from a small vendor and the advertised lead time was going to be close to the date I needed it for a match. I asked several times via both phone and e-mail if I could have it shipped by a certain date and I never got a single reply. The item showed up in time but I have no idea if they heard my request and acted on it, or if I just got lucky.

Needless to say, not inclined to buy anything else there.

FWIW, i had a thread with the same issue. i orderd mne and received within 10 days. quality is excellent. but yeah lack of communication is an issue, especially when they say contact for custom caps.

Jon is good people and his products are ABSOLUTELY worth the wait. Give him a bit of time and you will understand once you have them in hand.

Jon is good people and his products are ABSOLUTELY worth the wait. Give him a bit of time and you will understand once you have them in hand.
    Again, it has been nearly three weeks and I don't even know if he makes them the size that I need.
    How long should I wait?
    I'll give you the answer, I've waited long enough.
    I really wanted a high quality set of caps, but it appears that I'll have to look elsewhere.
    If there was an option to order by ocular and objective size, I would have done it.

Reactions: 308pirate
    Measure whatever scope you have where the caps need to be and look up the dimensions of a similar scope that he offers caps for.

I know its a bit of legwork on your end, but may be the easiest/quickest way to get what you need.
    I thought $100 for a set of scope caps was ridiculous but I would buy them for every nice piece of glass I have (that warrants them)

Well, you don't have to do business with him. Yes, quick communication is not his strong suit at times. I've shipped him my 3k scope without personally knowing him, and he custom made my caps and throw lever. Wouldn't hesitate doing business again and plan to do so in the near future.

If you're interested in the best caps, I would double tap that email. He will respond. Sometimes emails get lost in junk mail.

Jon is a good guy, but he is busy and he cares more about the quality of the product than checking his e-mail, I am afraid. In the grand scheme of things, I would rather have it that way than the other way around. I've done business with people who are really on top of the e-mail, but the product sucked.

ILya

Reactions: EDDK9
    Jon is a good guy, but he is busy and he cares more about the quality of the product than checking his e-mail, I am afraid.
    A good businessman needs to be good at BOTH those things. Just one isn't enough.

Reactions: Steel+Killer
    That's a bullshit excuse in 2018.

If you run a side business that interacts with the general public, tend to it promptly or watch your base dwindle.

I recently ordered an item from a small vendor and the advertised lead time was going to be close to the date I needed it for a match. I asked several times via both phone and e-mail if I could have it shipped by a certain date and I never got a single reply. The item showed up in time but I have no idea if they heard my request and acted on it, or if I just got lucky.

Needless to say, not inclined to buy anything else there.
    I agree 100% who the hell doesn't have a iphone or android smartphone these days. I own a small plumbing company and my contractors have an invoice emailed to them before the engine in my truck is warmed up. No excuse in this time period for not answering an email.

never had an issue , in fact they have always gone out of their way to accomodate my rushed orders etc.

I agree 100% who the hell doesn't have a iphone or android smartphone these days. I own a small plumbing company and my contractors have an invoice emailed to them before the engine in my truck is warmed up. No excuse in this time period for not answering an email.

I dont own a cell phone and why would I - just in case you need me to? The level of entitlement is unbelievable ... you have choice, dont like it, go elsewhere.

I dont own a cell phone and why would I - just in case you need me to? The level of entitlement is unbelievable ... you have choice, dont like it, go elsewhere.
    But you apparently have internet access. I'll bet you have an email account, not only that, I'll bet you check your email.

Hi Guys,

I do want to apologize for our lackluster attention to email questions as of late. We do try our best to answer them all, but it can take a while and some inevitably get lost in the shuffle.

We have been just buried in orders all year, and while we've dramatically increased production, the orders keep increasing even faster. So, most of our attention has been devoted to increasing production even more as being able to satisfy all our customers more quickly is our first priority.

Taking care of paying customers will always be our #1 priority. Anybody who actually buys something gets my own personal cell # with their order. And when somebody has paid good money and is waiting on his product, getting that product to him more quickly takes priority over answering every single question that comes in (and we get thousands of them!), even if it means losing a sale by not answering that question quickly enough. We feel that's the right way to do things.

So please bear with us as we go through this growing period. We hope to soon be able to answer every question in a timely manor, as well as having production caught up to the point we actually list things as being in stock. We're working on updating our website as well so people can properly see what we have to offer (the pics of the caps on our website are about 5 years old and 15 generations obsolete...). We will get it all done, but not everything is going to 100% overnight.

Thanks,

Jon Aadland

Are you trying to run a business and sell stuff on the internet? If you are and you can't answer emails from a potential customer then the level a stupidity in your argument is unbelievable! If you are not then the level of your comprehension is unbelievable. Also what the fuck does this have to do with entitlement? I personally couldn't give a shit if he you or anyone else has a phone I was just stating my opinion on how to run a business.

Last edited:
    Reactions: 308pirate
    Hi Guys,

I do want to apologize for our lackluster attention to email questions as of late. We do try our best to answer them all, but it can take a while and some inevitably get lost in the shuffle.

We have been just buried in orders all year, and while we've dramatically increased production, the orders keep increasing even faster. So, most of our attention has been devoted to increasing production even more as being able to satisfy all our customers more quickly is our first priority.

Taking care of paying customers will always be our #1 priority. Anybody who actually buys something gets my own personal cell # with their order. And when somebody has paid good money and is waiting on his product, getting that product to him more quickly takes priority over answering every single question that comes in (and we get thousands of them!), even if it means losing a sale by not answering that question quickly enough. We feel that's the right way to do things.

So please bear with us as we go through this growing period. We hope to soon be able to answer every question in a timely manor, as well as having production caught up to the point we actually list things as being in stock. We're working on updating our website as well so people can properly see what we have to offer (the pics of the caps on our website are about 5 years old and 15 generations obsolete...). We will get it all done, but not everything is going to 100% overnight.

Thanks,

Jon Aadland
    Thanks for the reply, I want to point out to the others on the thread that Jon did, in fact respond to my email today.
    My intention was never to start an Aadland bashing thread, hence the title. I was hoping someone could reach out that knows Jon.
    However, I do become a bit testy with the whole "Just wait" that permeates through the firearms community.
    Jon did give me instructions for better measurements which I will be providing as soon as I can.

No bashing, but I emailed as well for caps for K318l , and never received a reply. Not sure what else I could do to purchase from him. Been 2 weeks.

No bashing, but I emailed as well for caps for K318l , and never received a reply. Not sure what else I could do to purchase from him. Been 2 weeks.
    Apparently to some expecting a company to answer emails about their products is having a sense of entitlement......WTF kind of crazy world are we living in the world has gone mad.......lol

I think I'm gonna get an SLS printer and compete in this space lol. Poor communication is no excuse, and those printed parts are priced....high. They are good quality though.

See a hole in the market and fill it.

That's the American way. Do it.

Do yourself a favor and don't go into business by yourself

After you place the order he builds and ships your caps. They are as good as people say.

This. I have not found the wait to be objectionable, either, and I'm rather impatient as a whole. Good company. Good person. Exceptional kit. Crap communication. I can live with it for sure.

This. I have not found the wait to be objectionable, either, and I'm rather impatient as a whole. Good company. Good person. Exceptional kit. Crap communication. I can live with it for sure.
    So, how did you place an order if he doesn't have your make/model of scope listed?

Hi Guys,

Thanks,

Jon Aadland

I ordered a throw lever for my Tangent Theta using PayPal because everyone around here says that's how you operate.

Not sure if I got your phone number during or after checkout though....

Hi Guys,

Thanks,

Jon Aadland
    Any chance you have the K16i scope covers in stock? I normally don't mind waiting but I have to hit a deadline of August at the latest. If so, I will order them.

Looks like he hasnt been on the hide since Dec of 18. Sucks, really need some caps for the K16i. Anyone want to sell me theirs?

Just order from his website. I ordered a throw lever and got it in couple weeks and this was very recently. He will fulfill your order.

Just order from his website. I ordered a throw lever and got it in couple weeks and this was very recently. He will fulfill your order.
    Ok, I just followed your advice. Fingers crossed.

I ordered caps on his site a week ago friday and received them in 4 days. My order last year took about a month. He has his phone number in the order email but I never felt the need to call as these are made to order.

How often are Aadmounts in stock? I’ve been looking and emailed a month ago but not heard back.
    I think they are made as the orders come in. Not entirely sure. But order them and in about two weeks, maybe less you’ll get your order. I have some on my SB and they blow tenabræx out of the water.

Ok, I just followed your advice. Fingers crossed.
    @Rogerthatout In an awesome/hilarious twist, it appears the shipping label was printed today and they are going out tomorrow...and I ordered them this morning! They were backordered on the site so he must have built them today. Thanks Jon!...wherever you are.

Last edited:

Then why can't he make a 2" cap?

I tired dealing with 'em and couldn't get enough communication going to make it worth it. Went with Tenebraex and they cost less, make a way better part than BC and most mounts actually thread into the obj. with an aluminum bezel. The caps are replaceable and flip all the way back and lock back. They even no-shit custom one off'd an ARD for a 1-8x USO scope and told me they make over 7000 individual parts. And they made shit happen with obscure sizes and parts. So I went ahead and used 'em for everything. Excellent CS and they fucking made it happen ricky ticky with EuroOptic (has to go through a dealer).

• Haha
    Reactions: elmuzzlebreak
    @Rogerthatout In an awesome/hilarious twist, it appears the shipping label was printed today and they are going out tomorrow...and I ordered them this morning! They were backordered on the site so he must have built them today. Thanks Jon!...wherever you are.
    You won't be able to use any other caps after you get these. The blow all others away with extreme prejudice.

• Haha
    Reactions: Genesis1984