• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone know where I can get some more AR10 - GAP 10 mags?

tychin02

Private
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2012

I ordered an extra mag in October when I ordered my GAP 10, but as you probably all know, they're out.

Anywhere else I should look?

Will any 7.62x51 AR style mag work?

The GAP-10 uses SR25 / DPMS style mags so any compatible mag will work. The GAP10 will not accept Armalite AR10 style mags.

I ordered 5 mags with my GAP10 and only received the one with the rifle because of the supply issues (being I'm in CA GAP shipped a Magpul 20 rounder clipped & pinned to 10 round capacity.) I'm hoping Magpul will release their 10 round LR308 mags later this year-- I'm signed up on several vendors for "back in stock" notices.

Any DPMS-pattern .308/7.62x51 mag will work.

That includes but is not limited to Magpul 20LR PMAGs; DPMS Factory LR-308 mags; ASC/C-Products Mags to name a few.

Can't help you with finding any, but my advice is to keep a watchful eye out here on the Hide and similar forums. Some 20LR PMAGs went yesterday for ~$25/mag (which is the best I've seen them for in a while). BARFCOM generally has a plethora of PMAGs and DPMS mags with prices starting around $40/mag shipped and going up from there. Same crap on GunBroker as stupid people seem to continue to pay through the nose for mags (i.e. - $20 mags selling for $75/mag bull$#!T). Additionally, get on the "NOtify" lists for major retailers like MidwayUSA, Brownells, Rainier Arms, DSG Arms, etc., etc., and try to snag a few before they sell out in minutes once becoming available. Sorry to paint such a grim picture...but it is what it is. ;) Good luck!

Yeah, I am also in California, so I'll need the 10 round max capacity mags. Magpul doesn't make a 10 round AR10 style mag??

Ooops...CA is a different issue altogether.

If you need 10-round ONLY...you can buy the DPMS/ASC/C-Products 10-round mags, wait on the Magpul 10-round offerings (shouldn't be too much longer...within the next few months max when they are released...may be longer to get them in your hands), or find someone willing to ship you the 20LR 20-round mags as "parts kits" and turn them into compliant 10-round mags through a variety of different methods (cut-down/pin the floorplate back on to make a 10-rounder...there are a couple threads floating around on doing that very thing to the full-capacity 20-rounders).

MAG290 is the part number for the Magpul 10 round LR308 mags... they're not due until later this year.

They were initially supposed to be available around April/May but with the legislation in CO their production schedules experienced a *slight* change. :eek:

Being a California resident I have to chuckle when I open the safe and realize I only have one usable clipped/pinned 10 round mag for my GAP-10 but there are 10 Magpul 20 round "parts kits" sitting bagged on the bottom shelf that I can't legally assemble and use. I don't want to clip/pin them down to 10 rounds so I'll sit and wait patiently for Magpul to get their 10 round mags into production. :)

Yeah, I am also in California, so I'll need the 10 round max capacity mags. Magpul doesn't make a 10 round AR10 style mag??

tychin02,

Magpul doesn't make any AR10 style magazine.

There are mainly two different styles of magazines for 308 sized AR's. The SR25 / DPMS style mags are the style that you want to work in your GAP10. The GAP10 will not accept Armalite AR10 style mags, which are based off the M1A magazine. (Then there's also FAL magazines that the Rock River LAR-8's and older Bushmaster .308 AR's use and H&K style magazines that other 308 sized AR's use)

So be very careful on what you may order!

The AR10 is solely Armalite's patented name, and they will let you know that! So to call an GAP10 and AR10 is wrong and confusing to people. (on a side note, Armalite is producing an AR10 now that will accept the SR25/DPMS style magazines.)

There are some 10 and 5 round magazines for the SR25/DPMS style big bore AR's out there. Magpul announced this year that they are going to start making them, however, they are not released yet and with Magpul leaving Colorado to find a friendlier gun State to reside in, who knows when we'll see them.

tychin02,

Magpul doesn't make any AR10 style magazine.

There are mainly two different styles of magazines for 308 sized AR's. The SR25 / DPMS style mags are the style that you want to work in your GAP10. The GAP10 will not accept Armalite AR10 style mags, which are based off the M1A magazine. (Then there's also FAL magazines that the Rock River LAR-8's and older Bushmaster .308 AR's use and H&K style magazines that other 308 sized AR's use)

So be very careful on what you may order!

The AR10 is solely Armalite's patented name, and they will let you know that! So to call an GAP10 and AR10 is wrong and confusing to people. (on a side note, Armalite is producing an AR10 now that will accept the SR25/DPMS style magazines.)

There are some 10 and 5 round magazines for the SR25/DPMS style big bore AR's out there. Magpul announced this year that they are going to start making them, however, they are not released yet and with Magpul leaving Colorado to find a friendlier gun State to reside in, who knows when we'll see them.
Good info for others except for one thing. Armalite AR-10A rifles, introduced in 2012, accept P-Mags. The older AR-10B ONLY accept the M14 based Armalite magazines.

http://www.armalite.com/images/Tech...AR-10B M15 COMPONENTS 120109 Rev 1 FINAL.pdf

MAG290 is the part number for the Magpul 10 round LR308 mags... they're not due until later this year.

They were initially supposed to be available around April/May but with the legislation in CO their production schedules experienced a *slight* change. :eek:

Being a California resident I have to chuckle when I open the safe and realize I only have one usable clipped/pinned 10 round mag for my GAP-10 but there are 10 Magpul 20 round "parts kits" sitting bagged on the bottom shelf that I can't legally assemble and use. I don't want to clip/pin them down to 10 rounds so I'll sit and wait patiently for Magpul to get their 10 round mags into production. :)

Can you not install a round limiter?
Pmag LR20 .308 10/20

No longer living in CA, I have to claim ignorance to the current laws regarding magazine capacity.

As of right now limiters are OK. While it hasn't passed yet there is legislation making its way through this session to make the use of them or any mag that can be readily converted back to >10 round capacity illegal-- basically any mag with a full size body but some kind of internal block. Our legislators have been doing some research... ugh.

Having used the 20's in Nevada I realized that for shooting prone I prefer the shorter cut down 10 round mag that GAP shipped with the rifle-- easier to change. However, while waiting for the Magpul 10 rounders to become available those limiters look like a good way to go. Thanks for the link!

You cannot sell in here, try reading the rules,

Next time you'll be banned

Last edited by a moderator:

I ordered an extra mag in October when I ordered my GAP 10, but as you probably all know, they're out.

Widener's Reloading & Shooting Supply, Inc. has D&H .308 10rd mags for 22.95. I ordered 2 for my POF, they seem to fit nice anti tilt followers work great. I haven't used them yet but they look to be good quality. This should work good for all the CA guys.

I have them in stock PMAG LR20 for California

Did you find your magazines? I have them in stock PMAG LR20 for California email me [email protected]