• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone know where to take classes in Florida?

Seanod11b

Private
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2009
West Palm beach Florida
I would like to take some marksmanship classes before paying a bunch of money for long range classes, anyone know of decent ranges/clubs/training facilities in Florida?

Re: Anyone know where to take classes in Florida?

Friend, seems to me that you can glean most of what you'd like to know from a book and/or DVD, and by going to the range and watching guys/gals who know what they're doing -- and then asking questions if they're in a spot where they can offer an opinion. Heck, maybe a fellow Hider is in your AO, and you can set up a meet/greet at a nearby range.

For books and DVDs, try Champion's Choice out of TN. They have a good selection, and you can buy online.

seanod11b,
I run handgun and carbine classes in Western Broward County. check out www.ontargettactical.com for info.

May I also recommend looking at Southern Exposure training facility, in Lakeland. MANY Excellent trainers are brought in there.

Magpul is coming to Broward COunty a couple times this year as well as Kyle Lamb and others. This is for Handgun and Carbine training.

Randy Cain www.cumberlandtactics.com is running a basic precision rifle class at SOuthern soon. Randy is awesome. If he gave a class on building a bench, you would learn something from him.

There is a lot of shooting going on down this way. Look around you will find the clubs.

Jack

Hey seanod11b i am in your area and i am always looking for some one to shoot with that can watch me for coaching purposes and who i can do the same for.

This info is great. I'm in Sarasota FL and looking for a class or a mentor that will teach ranging, shooting positions, etc.

I work for a Precision Rifle training company, Heartland Precision Rifle, that just expanded from Nebraska. We are located north of Orlando in Mount Dora. Would love to help connect you two with what you’re looking for!

Reactions: TACC
My bad, mixed it up with Arena in blakely, ga

Understandable...it's easy to forget that OTHER part of FL. ...just lumped into southern GA and AL.

From the FL, Tampa area where I live it’s actually an hour less drive to blakely . Can‘t wait for Jtag ranch to finally open.

Arena training center in Blakely, GA or Altus in Baker, FL are two established names.

Mike, I live in Land o Lakes so about an hour or less to Jtag. Have you done your evaluation yet? Did mine 3 weeks ago.
Looks like it will be a great facility.