• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone looking to build a K98?

ArcticLight

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2003
Silverdale, WA
I have a K98 that I am going to post for sale, but just want it to go to a good home.
I have a repro stock that I will add in, with sling and "Capture kit".......

Shoot me a PM, if not I will eventually get a K98 sniper built out of this!

k98_1.jpg

Scott....mate, don't give up on the dream!

Good, original, unmolested and shootable K98k's (nonRC) seem to be getting really hard to find...and I guess will only get harder stiil in future. I reckon you'd pretty soon kick yourself if you let it go.

As my local gunshop owner says...."German sn*p*r rifles?...Every home should have one!"...or preferably more!! ;)

Last edited:
That's the current Mauser production M98 "Meisterklasse"...if you're going that custom hunting rifle route, may as well go the whole hog and go to Holland and Holland. they's happily knock you up something to your exact needs on an old 98 action:

Holland and Holland Bolt Action Magazine Rifle

If you need to ask "How much..?", you probably can't afford it! ;)

...and anyway, nice though I'm sure they are...they're not a vintage precision or battle rifle with history?

Last edited:
my eyes are badly hurting, now_
...WTF..Meister..no !... not even on my worst nightmares ...
(I could have suffered less if I would have seen Dirty Harry dressed as a drag queen...)

Last edited:
Scott, What maker and date is marked on the receiver?

Here is a build I did on one about a year or so ago!

BasraBoy, Don't remind me about the butler creek scope covers....LOL! They're not on the gun anymore so don't worry!

Thanks, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

It's a Czech built, "Russian Capture".....with added "Capture kit" - got thevendors name but he sells a kit to bring them back as authentic as possible.

Torn now guys, but she's parked in my safe right next to my 03....

I just don't shoot anymore, too busy flying!!