• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

anyone put a "bully barrel" on a smith 41?

Re: anyone put a "bully barrel" on a smith 41?

I was going to go Bully, but went with Clark Custom instead...I wanted to be able to use iron sights with as long a sight radius as possible.

If you e-mail Ray (Bully Barrels) with questions he usually gets back to you the same-day.

Guys on RFC seem to like them...

They are excellent barrels, and as I love mine with optics the built in sight mounting rail works for me. Regards
CIMG0892.jpg

Bill, I did not see any accuracy improvement over my stock barrel which is an accurate barrel, or, any loss of accuracy or function. I only shoot CCI SV. My reason for the BULLY was to have the intergrated sight rail, and to shoot my 41 suppressed. It is my favorite pistol, and I do a drill that involves plastic milk jug caps from 10 out to 30 yards off hand which is almost to easy. Regards

Kaz
Thanks I think I just need to shoot mine more, its a 12 year old one new in the box and only have 200 thru it . will try the CCI SV rounds and thanks for the help
Bill

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KAZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bill, I did not see any accuracy improvement over my stock barrel ... My reason for the BULLY was to have the integrated sight rail, and to shoot my 41 suppressed. </div></div>

I like the ability to mount optics, though for $300 it would be nice to also see increased accuracy. I bought an adapter that replaces the barrel nut and has a threaded extension. My Pilot just screws onto the adapter, which was around $35.

1911fan

Bill, I would second taking a look at Rimfire Central.com, lots of information on the Model 41 in the S&W area. Lots of opinions on ONLY firing Standard Velocity ammo, be it CCI or another brand. I have stuck with SV in mine, If I want to shoot bulk ammo I'll take a Ruger. (I guess it's like buying Greek surplus to shoot through a GAP, you just don't do it)
smile.gif

My 5.5 inch doesn't excel with Wolf, does decent with Federal Match, really good with CCI match pistol, and isn't terrible with Remington SV(when it goes off...pulled bullets on misfires showed missing/uneven distribution of priming compound on one lot number 3or4 out of 100 rounds.)
I have had a hard time finding any quantity of CCI SV locally ,I have 100rds but haven't shot any yet. Rem SV is usually available at Wal Mart ($6.97 per 100) and has been my Model 41 practice ammo weather I like it or not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IES</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was going to go Bully, but went with Clark Custom instead...I wanted to be able to use iron sights with as long a sight radius as possible. </div></div>

I also went with the Clark, and have no complaints. It is very accurate.
41Barrels2b.jpg

They have an accuracy guarantee.

Thanks for the info Clark will have to be looked into .
I also herard that SV is the only way to go
Bill

Ray does excellent work, I bought one also as a suppressor host, so I would not have to thread the original barrel.
Ray bead blasted mine at no charge to boot.
I have really enjoyed mine, shoots fantastic with CCI subsonic, it really shines with some Wolf Gold Match .

IMG_1145.jpg