• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Anyone remember "Rat Patrol"

Re: Anyone remember "Rat Patrol"

Yes Yes and loved the Digger Hat worn by Christopher George...Sgt. Troy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fx77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes Yes and loved the Digger Hat worn by Christopher George...Sgt. Troy </div></div>

LOL, I had a floppy hat and had my mom sew one side up when I was a kid. I loved that show.
If I remember correctly, wasnt it only on for 2 years?

That and "Combat" with Vic Morrow.

I loved both those shows, when I was 6. I think they filmed 'Combat" in Griffith park in LA. no kidding.
Why was Vic wearing a Marine helmet cover? Army didn't wear camo in europe. they tried with a mech reg or something right after D day. They wore the coverall. but guys confused Americans wearing camo uniforms with SS, so it was ditched.
Between 'Combat!", Rat Patrol, and my GI Joe space capsule, 106 RR on a Jeep, his frogman suit, and all my cool toy guns I was set.
My lunch box was 'The Sound of Music". Don't ask.

I remember watching Rat Patrol with my grandfather as a little kid, Wow, I haven't thought of that in a long time.

I grew up on Rat Patrol and would love to buy a DVD set...

In about 1995, I helped a friend in Ohio restore a late 1930's Zundapp motorcycle that he owned. It was bought from a production company (in awful condition), but had been used in several Rat Patrol episodes. Apparently every time you saw an Afrika Korps motorcycle rider... it was on this bike.

What a great show!

Thanks for bringing back some fun memories.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Rat Patrol was Excellent!

If I remember correctly it came on, on ABC. We only got CBS and NBC at the time and I remember going to my Aunt and Uncles or Grandparents house and watching Rat Patrol. I don't remember doing anything else till it was over.

Christopher George has been on a soap opera for the past 20 years.

During the first taping of Combat Lt.Hanley had the Thompson.
When he realized he would have to carry that heavy thing all day he handed it to Saunders and he grabbed a carbine for himself.

Anybody remember The Gallant Men!(not as good as Combat)

A show so good that even the Nazis were happy!

ratpatrol.jpg

Of course there was probably a reason for that... we were deep in the Cold War, the West Germans were our friends... and portraying the enemy too badly would have been counterproductive. Note that the Swastika on his cap patch is conveniently airbrushed into oblivian.

It still seems strange to see publicity pictures of happy Nazis!

Cheers,

Sirhr

The complete series of both Rat Patrol and Combat are availible on DVD.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean the Nailer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rat Patrol,
Combat,
Baa Baa Blacksheep,

Wow...... life sure was different then, eh?</div></div> you got that right compared to the shows out today...what shows are out there that celebrate being men in a manly way vice a bunch of screw-up husbands. Hollywood today normally shows men like they show military officers - stupid and bubbling - pretty sad. I rarely watch TV anymore nor go to movies.

The best !!! ..... I had the metal lunch box too. This isn't mine , but it is what it looked like. Probably get kicked out of school for bringing it today due to the images.

Unknown-2.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootist2004</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Christopher George has been on a soap opera for the past 20 years.

During the first taping of Combat Lt.Hanley had the Thompson.
When he realized he would have to carry that heavy thing all day he handed it to Saunders and he grabbed a carbine for himself.

Anybody remember The Gallant Men!(not as good as Combat) </div></div>

Rat Patrol was the best, Christopher Goerge was the quintessential American GI.
It is Eric Breaden, the kraut pictured above that has starred in a soap opera for 20+ years, he plays Victor on the young and restless.
And please, DON'T ask how I know this.

You lucky bastards that had the lunch pail and thermos. Be fun to take them into Pawn Stars today.
I did have the jeep with the .50 cal mounted on it, got it for Christmas, of course it got blew up the next 4th of july in war games. M80's were rather plentiful and potent where I grew up.

Oh man, "Baa Baa Blacksheep" is another one from my childhood. Back in the 70s I built quite a few Corsair models and ran through the house with them while my dad yelled at me.

As a kid I never missed Rat Patrol, Combat and Rawhide. Every kid had to have a western to go along with the war shows.

Rat Patrol and Combat - both great shows to watch growing up. Got the both on DVD!

Got the whole set a couple years ago for xmas even my teenage daughter liked it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean the Nailer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rat Patrol,
Combat,
Baa Baa Blacksheep,

Wow...... life sure was different then, eh?</div></div> you got that right compared to the shows out today...what shows are out there that celebrate being men in a manly way vice a bunch of screw-up husbands. Hollywood today normally shows men like they show military officers - stupid and bubbling - pretty sad. I rarely watch TV anymore nor go to movies. </div></div>

Sorry to burst your bubble, but "McHale's Navy" got fantastic ratings, way better than those shows (Baa Baa came way later), and it was a comedy full of stupid, corrupt, bumbling, and silly Officers and Enlisted. They even had a harmless pet Japanese!
BTW, I loved McHale's Navy. Everybody did, including former WW II sailors.

Here's the Rat Patrol opening, with the sponsor.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=X34OFJpnRwE&feature=related

Oh,yeah ! ! !

A Jeep with a Ma Deuce mounted on top!?!?!?!?!

It don't get much better!!!!!

milo-2 You lucky bastards that had the lunch pail and thermos. Be fun to take them into Pawn Stars today. [/quote said:
Actually, someone did. A lady walked in with just the Rat Patrol pail, no thermos, no innards, and I think Rick offered something like $20, even in that condition. I had one of these too, but I am sure it never moved from our old house when I was 15, if it hung around that long. Noone thought they would be worth anything, no more than we think todays current garbage will be worth anything.

I do still have all of my hot wheels and match box cars....though I am not sure where they are.

"<span style="font-size: 26pt">The Rat Patrol, In Color</span>"

I remember watching the show on the big Zenith T.V. in our living room: The black and white one!

That show was long into re-runs before I saw it in color!

To this day I still utter the opening sentence above when rolling over the landscape of whatever golf course I'm driving a cart on!

Oh and for hokie 60's WWII sitcoms, few shows compare to Hogan's Heroes! To this day I can still do a masterful impression of Major Hochstetter:

"Who Is This Man?"

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mrr1iOrOw0I"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mrr1iOrOw0I" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

12 O'Clock High!! 46 years later I still catch myself humming the theme song. I thought the B-17 was the baddest ass plane to ever fly.

Rat Patrol ran for 3 seasons, Combat for 5. I loaned my DVD sets to a friend (53 years old, who watched it as a kid)) who is quite anal about details. He said he had a great time laughing about inconsistencies concerning RP. He loved Combat and is obsessed with it now. Even to the point of giving all his friends Combat oriented radio "Call Signs" for phone calls and such. He's "Checkmate King 2", I'm "White Rook", my wife is "Black Queen" etc... . I also have the "Man From UNCLE" set and would like to find a few other obscure little series sets if possible. "Honey West" and "Burkes Law" and possibly "77 Sunset Strip".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hStiglitz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rat Patrol ran for 3 seasons, Combat for 5. I loaned my DVD sets to a friend (53 years old, who watched it as a kid)) who is quite anal about details. He said he had a great time laughing about inconsistencies concerning RP. He loved Combat and is obsessed with it now. Even to the point of giving all his friends Combat oriented radio "Call Signs" for phone calls and such. He's "Checkmate King 2", I'm "White Rook", my wife is "Black Queen" etc... . I also have the "Man From UNCLE" set and would like to find a few other obscure little series sets if possible. "Honey West" and "Burkes Law" and possibly "77 Sunset Strip". </div></div>
Might I suggest "Stingray"? The theme song "Aquamarina" will have you humming all day long.

I remember Rat Patrol from when I was a kid. When I was on TDY at Kadena I saw the show dubbed in Japanese. LMAO

Netflix had the entire series on for a while. My seven year old son watched every episode lol. He was ate up with it.

Brings back alot of memories mainly sitting in front of the floor model b&w Zeneth that only got 6 channels total and screwing with the rabbit ears every 10 min.

I still enjoy the re-runs

You Kids ...Why I remember when it was ... <span style="text-decoration: underline"> The Big Picture</span> on a screen that couldnt have been over 12 inches high. That was about 1955.

[video:youtube]http://youtu.be/bMckfMFHMPQ[/video]

[video:youtube]http://youtu.be/3QvEGkAP6ik[/video]

grin.gif

The second one has Audie Murphy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That and "Combat" with Vic Morrow. </div></div>

^^^^ THIS!!

That was "our TV time", my dad & I watching Combat.